Closed Thread
Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104154194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2095

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3632191;
    Bloomers, are you suggesting that his handler was reading over his shoulder as he was "working"? Somehow I can't imagine that.
    I would speculate . . . and it is pure speculation that the leaks that the leaks might have come from Bethany's camp.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3632196;
    Dancing with The Stars is on until (Thanksgiving) late November. Given the way the show has performed ratings-wise for them as of late, why would they launch TB around the holidays instead of early January as they did Jason's show?

Futon Critic says TB is on the winter grid schedule returning in 2010.
    Honestly, it will have to have quite a hook to get me to watch it. . ..

And Jake just won't do it for me.

I still think a twinfest with the Stagliano brothers would be interesting. . . .single rose ceremonies with them picking their favorites until the home town dates. Then separate ones. Now that would be entertaining.:nono
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3632163;
    Well, Ed or Chris Harrison has admitted that he was allowed to work at least a couple hours a day while he was on The Bachelorette. I read that somewhere. Supposedly, these "couple hours a day" was when he was talking (in some form) to the girlfriend(s).

That's what I was so confused about: if he was allowed to work while he was on The Bachelorette, then why did he have to leave to go back to work? I'm sure a JED fan will have a logical explanation (smile) but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    Hmmm. Maybe this is why Reid said in the limo something to the effect of "wait till she finds out about Ed." Reid probably knew Ed was working and had access to the cell phone...

From Young Hollywood: Jesse from The Bachelorette Shares Top 5 Dating Don'ts

He's the hottie from The Bachelorette and he's here to help the ladies get their man. Jesse Kovacs was kind enough to give YH a rundown of his big dating don'ts, some tips on making an impression, plus a perfect first date dinner & wine combo!

Jessie's Top 5 Dating Mistakes:

1. Don't over-dress on the first date. "Especially if it's on a Wednesday at Joes Crab Shack," Jessie says.

2. Don't bring up exes. "[It's not good to] talk about how good or bad previous relationships were," he says.

3. Don't answer calls. "Put the iphone or Blackberry away," he adds."Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and the last text message will be there when you get home."

4. Don't get too close too early. "Don't be afraid of some distance," he advises. "Let the guy sit back and think about you without making plans or giving him a barrage of calls and texts."

5. Don't show false hustle. "If you tend to be jealous and needy, come out with it," Jesse says. "Don't tell him what you think he wants to hear. He will find out eventually, and most guys dig a possessive girl. "

When it comes to making a first impression, "Every guy loves a decisive girl," he says. "If she picks the restaurant with no hesitation, that's very attractive."

After going on a dating show, no doubt his Facebook messages have been blowing up. It's 2009, and it's totally fine to meet people online. "There is nothing wrong with meeting up with someone from the internet," the man from the reality dating show says {wink}.

For that perfect first date, the mood should be casual, not stuffy and uptight. "Keep it light and simple, nothing too fancy," he says. For dinner, "Make turkey burgers with some Kovacs Brothers Chardonnay."

Wes Ferguson is a lifestyle expert and entertainment writer living out the Young Hollywood dream in beautiful Westside Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3632111;
    Ah, but the two things do have something to do with each other. This is what sdl said:
    "Ed used to hang out at a certain karaoke bar but was banned a few weeks ago, and has found new watering holes......Ed was invited not to return, ever."

It had been and has been widely reported that the karaoke bar Ed hung out in was the Blue Frog. It is not an unreasonable assumption to make that it was the Blue Frog sdl was referring to. No other bar has ever been named in relation to Ed and karaoke. You're splitting hairs.

And for what it's worth, quite a number of people actually do know that the bar in question is the Blue Frog. It can be and has been confirmed by the original source, as has the fact that the story related by sdl was grossly exaggerated and falsified.

So there you go. A 'little info without all the details to back it up' for you.

Personally, I could do without salacious rumors period, especially when their only purpose is to smear a man's character. But that's just me.
    Two things:

That type of behavior may be a habit of Ed's and could have happened outside of more than one bar in Chitown on more than one occasion. Modisty doesn't seem to me to be a big deal to Ed.

Perhaps the information being given from trusted posters is to give insight into the man's true character.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by tfsouth74;3632164;
    I agree and the fact that neither Kip or Reid seemed to fall into that type of behavior might have been a "comfort" issue with Jillian - why she felt more comfortable with Ed. Sad.
    If we assume that the gf's scenario is not true, I really believe Jillian made the right choice in Ed and it wasn't a matter of comfort. I say this as a person who up until yesterday was convinced she should have chosen Reid.

What convinced me are the teleconference interviews with both Jill and Reid. In it Jillian said that she basically had to choose between Mr.Right and Mr.Right Now. I think she was referring to Reid as Mr.Right Now. I interpret Mr.Right Now to mean someone that you love but just doesn't fit into your life at the moment.

In her blog she said that she and Reid were like high schoolers. I think she basically is saying that what she had with Reid was the intense, giddy, euphoric first love type of feeling. But as most of us know, you don't wind up acting on that first high school love because it is not a real world relationship. With Reid, she was very happy in the Bachelorette world, but they wouldn't fit together as easily in the real world as she would with Ed. Ed was willing to propose to her, and as we see now, is supportive of her moving to Chicago.

Reid's interview confirmed for me that she was right about him being Mr. Right Now. He says in his teleconference that he did not really want to get married in the next year if he had proposed to her. He pretty much sort of proposed because it was a condition of his return. He didn't even really ask her to marry him wholeheartedly either. He could not utter the "will you marry me" words. There is nothing wrong with this. I'm not sure Reid had a plan beyond just getting her back at the FRC. What would be their next step if she had accepted? I think her relationship with him was much more uncertain in the real world. I doubt she would be moving to Philly in Sept if she had chosen him. He was in flux himself - he needed to get his own place and car and get his affairs in order. I'm not sure they seriously discussed what would happen in the real world.

I think she and Ed did discuss these things. He fit in very well into her family. With Ed, their relationship seemed to have more potential outside of the Fleiss bubble. I think she made the right choice IF all these gf rumours aren't true or he's changed his ways because she is the one.

So I think Jillian made a pragmatic choice, not based on comfort, but based on her love for Ed and her goals in life. While I hate that Reid was hurt, but I have to agree with her on her choice given where she wants to be in her life.

I really do wish Jillian and Ed good luck. I hope the rumours aren't true, or that he's changed his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3632196;
    Dancing with The Stars is on until (Thanksgiving) late November. Given the way the show has performed ratings-wise for them as of late, why would they launch TB around the holidays instead of early January as they did Jason's show?

Futon Critic says TB is on the winter grid schedule returning in 2010.
    Wouldn't change when it filmed either way, but that is very possible. Network has announced only that it is midseason replacement for DWTS. Throw in HOLIDAY specials, etc., and it seems most likely that it will air early January, just like Bach 13, as you say. (Long way of saying, I think you're right. ( : )

FORT Fanatic

Not sure how much of an issue it would be, but the Olympic's will be running 2 weeks in Feruary, so that could hurt getting folks hooked early, if they start it in January.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3632191;
    Bloomers, are you suggesting that his handler was reading over his shoulder as he was "working"? Somehow I can't imagine that.
    People make it sound like these so-called handlers are with them 24/7 and act as babysitters. Baloney. If a grown man wants to text an ex-girlfriend (or anyone) I'm sure he'd find a way to do it. Good grief.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TrailingWife;3632256;
    People make it sound like these so-called handlers are with them 24/7 and act as babysitters. Baloney. If a grown man wants to text an ex-girlfriend (or anyone) I'm sure he'd find a way to do it. Good grief.
    I hadn't realized that Ed had been allowed to work while he was filming. Very interesting. What I was commenting on was that if he was given permission would they be reading everything he was doing? Now that would be strange. he could easily have been emailing, texting, almost anyone he chose. I don't care either way but the opportunity was certainly there if that's the case. I have this picture of him hitting "minimize" every time someone walked by, not to mention the fact that computing is his forte. All I can say is...interesting.

Closed Thread