Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

  1. #2011
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3631505;
    Thank you. It's too bad I couldn't avoid the typos



    Just to clarify: unless I'm missing something this is just an echo chamber blog that recaps the Radar Online article and adds the picture of the woman mentioned by Radar that was on her Windows Live account. It doesn't add anything new that I noticed.
    there are a couple interesting comments posted on the article:

    If this is the best way RS feels that he could deal with this I hope he is happy. I know he will NOT acheive the result he is expecting. Jill knows everything already. They are one step ahead of him.

    Ed is a complete dork and d-bag and I guarantee that this Bethany chick is not the only girl he has been involved with during and after the filming. Buckle up because its going to come out. Hes a laugh-out-loud d-bag.

    the person who posted she already knows everything must be a friend or something, how else would the poster know that. And if she REALLY does know EVERYTHING and is OK with it then that's her choice I guess! Sad that she'll have to go through public humiliation anyways (i know, I know, she signed up for a reality show), but she's such a people pleaser, she would only want people to be happy for her decision on not focus on these negative things. Jill is very liberal, we've seen she's got a potty mouth herself, and she's still in touch with her exes. So maybe what many would think is inappropriate, she is OK with. I just hope Ed really is in love with her and does want to marry her, and she doesn't let go of great opportunities elsewhere to uproot her life to Chicago just for him to dump her in a few months. His body language doesn't scream crazy into Jill at the level that she's obviously crazy about him, but maybe that's just how he is...

  2. #2012
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    881

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Ed and Jillian certainly do make a good looking couple.


  3. #2013
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3632121;
    there are a couple interesting comments posted on the article:

    If this is the best way RS feels that he could deal with this I hope he is happy. I know he will NOT acheive the result he is expecting. Jill knows everything already. They are one step ahead of him.

    Ed is a complete dork and d-bag and I guarantee that this Bethany chick is not the only girl he has been involved with during and after the filming. Buckle up because its going to come out. He’s a laugh-out-loud d-bag.

    the person who posted she already knows everything must be a friend or something, how else would the poster know that.
    I personally don't take either comment seriously because anybody can say anything on the internet and the comment sections of any blog that mentions Ed's other entanglements will be littered by J/Ed fans pretending they know more than they do and anti-Ed people pretending they know more than they do.

    It's possible that one or the other is accurately representing things but there's no way to know because we don't actually know who's posting.

  4. #2014
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3630167;
    *********
    Don't know the answer for certain but I can say that there is a strong sense at the network that the franchise has grown stale. The love stories have become predictable, the casting is weak, and even the shockers are now boring. It's not just us - the producers think this last season was an abortion.
    So there is movement at Next/ABC to re-evaluate everything. That will take some time, and also bringing another tired installment on the heels of this sorry one only exacerbates the problem.
    So I guess it depends on how quickly they sort it out but the plan is to regroup and come back in January.
    In the meantime, they're trying some new shows (eg More to Love).
    Look, as any regular reader here would know, I've agitated for cancellation of this misogynistic crap show for years. But alas, this is simply NOT about to happen or in the works yet.

    At least as far as senior execs/crew are planning, they begin filming a new season in September or maybe even late this month. This is fact. I don't usually challenge your information, but I am sure of this. Per network releases, it will air in the usual Mon 8-10 slot, after DWTS finishes its run. DWTS premieres Sept 22. Seems there are no plans to change that (published) fact, because the production company would not start filming unless they have a network greenlight that the series will air. That said, I'm sure there are network suits at ABC who think as you say.

    Maybe they will mess with the formula again, just as they did this year (more contestants, more FANTASY destinations, more chaos -- letting people come and go and negotiate individualized agreements).

  5. #2015
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    515

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3631689;
    First of all I don't think it is fair for you to impute motives and declare everyone who criticizes Jillian for her choice is doing it because it's different than what any one of us would have chosen. Please bear in mind that the particular nature of the Ed situation speaks directly to comments Jillian herself made about how she wanted guys with other entanglements to be honest about it and then be on their way and how cheating and lying are dealbreakers for her. If Ed has had ongoing entanglements in which he had misled at least 2 women then it would go against Jillian's own statements of principle for her to tolerate it from him. For some people this is objectionable as a matter of principle.

    Now to get to the rest of your point. Like I said before and like someone just stated in response to you, even reliable sources can be misled. I fully expect a statement from Jillian that she and Ed have discussed the issues set forth by the Radar Online piece and have worked through it or are working through it. One possibility is indeed that Ed has been completely transparent with Jillian and she knows everything there is to know about the subject. But another possibility is that she doesn't and we may never know how honest Ed is being with her. After all, the information from trusted FORT posters suggests that Ed has not been fully transparent with other women he has been involved with in the past. So if and when Jillian confirms that she and Ed are starting fresh or that they've worked through his past, there will be a range of possibilities.

    I for one will not assume that Jillian knows everything nor will I assume that she knows nothing. I don't expect to be able to make a real assessment on how much of the truth she does or doesn't know. Will she know more than I do? Probably, but greater knowledge does not necessarily lead to a more accurate assessment of the situation if the extra knowledge is heavily skewed to one side.

    Disagreeing with and criticizing Jillian's choice is not the same thing as wanting to "let her know" what a mistake she's made. Most if not all the criticism I've read here at FORT is just discussion on a message board. I don't see a campaign to awaken Jillian to her life changing mistake, just a discussion and debate of someone who chose to make her personal life decisions public fodder by signing up for a silly super-manipulated TV show. The trusted posters who brought forth information about Ed's relationship baggage did so because it had potential sleuthing relevance to the F1 selection and also to our assessment of the degree to which the edit matched reality. To the best of my knowledge these trusted posters are not the same people behind whatever exposes are afoot on other sites.

    Rooting for the truth about Ed's girlfriends situation to come out is also not necessarily the same thing as wanting to "let Jillian know" what a mistake she's made. For some people it's simply an interest in knowing the truth or the closest approximation of it it's possible to get. For some people it's a way of being able to differentiate between reliable and unreliable posters for the next time. For some people it's really about knowing whether this incredible circumstance of a guy leading on 3 women at once while going on TV can really happen. For some people it's about getting the truth out to minimize the chance other women will get hurt. Point being you can't assume that wanting the truth to get out there is about changing Jillian's mind.
    Per bolded...I honestly have not seen this at all. Actually, I have read numerous nasty posts about Jillian in the last week. (not from you) And I am sure that if the "breaking news" turns out to be something that Jillian and Ed have already dealt with and moved on from, that many posters on this board will chalk it up to her needy, childish,desparate ways.
    I have tried to read this board with objectivity at all levels. To be honest, I see both sides of this coin. I have lived both sides of this coin. I can empathize with all parties involved. I am also trying to decide that if it is just a game show, with paid particpants....why I continue to bother reading/posting. This same script will be out again come January...part 19.

  6. #2016
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    768

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3632162;
    Hi Chopsticks ~ welcome back!! I would love to believe that Jillian found love, but at the same time...I cannot believe that it is reciprocated.
    Cheeky has always maintained that what we don't know is far worse than what we do know! Jillian herself may feel that she knows everything.
    Cheeky made a very astute statement earlier when she said that only ED knows if Jillian knows everything.
    It will be interesting to see what comes to light in the next several days ~ that's for sure!!
    .
    Since Jillian claims that she reads the blogs and may have seen these rumors flying around, and Ed somehow convinced her that it's all lies, and she went ahead and chose him anyways. Frankly, IMO there's something wrong with that picture, she must really love him or was desperate to an engagement. There is no reason why any smart woman that has her head screwed on right to even keep such a person around - too much baggage. People are saying she will probably stand by her man, for goodness sake, is not as if this they are married, they have just been dating really for about two weeks publicly and she will stand by her man. If these things happen to be true, she needs to count her losses and move on as fast as she can. She missed doing that by taking him back and making him her f1 but right now, she has no reason to "stand by her man" no reason at all. Ed will not change overnight, may not even change at all. We all know how women want a man so bad they ignore all the red flags hoping that they will be able to change them, it never happens. Jillian cannot change Ed especially considering the circumstance in which they met. Let us not deceive ourselves trying to explain these things with logic. There is no reason for Jillian to stand by Ed if these things are true - they are not married, don't have kids, nothing holding them together.

  7. #2017
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,194

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    They played Ian's Song - romantic guitar first heard on Ian and Meredith's Fantasy Date - when Ed got out of the limo. It is usually associated with the F1, though has been heard only twice before...with Jerry on Jen's season and Melissa on Jason's season. Not relevant to the discussion, but I thought I would mention.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  8. #2018
    Isn't he cute?! nutty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trying to escape REALITY
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3632167;
    Look, as any regular reader here would know, I've agitated for cancellation of this misogynistic crap show for years. But alas, this is simply NOT about to happen or in the works yet.

    At least as far as senior execs/crew are planning, they begin filming a new season in September or maybe even late this month. This is fact. I don't usually challenge your information, but I am sure of this. Per network releases, it will air in the usual Mon 8-10 slot, after DWTS finishes its run. DWTS premieres Sept 22. Seems there are no plans to change that (published) fact, because the production company would not start filming unless they have a network greenlight that the series will air. That said, I'm sure there are network suits at ABC who think as you say.

    Maybe they will mess with the formula again, just as they did this year (more contestants, more FANTASY destinations, more chaos -- letting people come and go and negotiate individualized agreements).
    Thank you for sharing that. I am probably in the minority, but I am not hoping for a cancellation of the show any time soon - it is my one guilty pleasure!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

  9. #2019
    Isn't he cute?! nutty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trying to escape REALITY
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3632175;
    They played Ian's Song - romantic guitar first heard on Ian and Meredith's Fantasy Date - when Ed got out of the limo. It is usually associated with the F1, though has been heard only twice before...with Jerry on Jen's season and Melissa on Jason's season. Not relevant to the discussion, but I thought I would mention.
    I love that music. Does anyone know the name of that? Or is it just music composed for the show?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

  10. #2020
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3632175;
    They played Ian's Song - romantic guitar first heard on Ian and Meredith's Fantasy Date - when Ed got out of the limo. It is usually associated with the F1, though has been heard only twice before...with Jerry on Jen's season and Melissa on Jason's season. Not relevant to the discussion, but I thought I would mention.
    Ed didn't get out of a limo did he? (one of the cocktail party 5).

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.