Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631341;
    One last question...and I am being serious...if everyone is playing a role...where do ryan and trista fall into it? Did they just accidently fall in love during the scripted show....(that actually probably makes sense.) I really am not being argumentative...just trying to get a different perspective. I also highly appreciate the fact that you realize that if Ed is playing a paid "role"...then so is Reid, Kip and others. I also dont have a problem accepting this if the playing board is equal for all characters.
    I think the people 'play the roles' according to how it looks early on as to which direction they will be heading in...maybe TPTB thought from the early shows that Ed would 'fit' in that F1, F2 or F3 role.......and so on. Some of the 'players' do in fact fall in love, others don't...even though they may have been pegged for a particular role.

I think Trista and Ryan lucked out that they were early on in this show before all the crazyness started. There was less pressure back then to make shows that keep 'topping' the last one...

All JMHO.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3631618;
    Ohmygosh! The trampoline? What are the people staging this shoot thinking?

Jilly, as always, for reasons completely baffling and senseles to me, looks thrilled and delighted in Ed's arms. Good for her.
    Yeah Jillian is in la la land for now

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3631567;
    People Magazine, Exclusive Bachelorette Jillian's Choice -- August 10, 2009

Introducing Jillian and Ed, the happy couple! :-)

Thanks so much! Jill looks so pretty! I like her with less make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3631618;
    Ohmygosh! The trampoline? What are the people staging this shoot thinking?

Jilly, as always, for reasons completely baffling and senseles to me, looks thrilled and delighted in Ed's arms. Good for her.
    Maybe it symbolizes the ups and downs in life?
    Ok--hand me my cheese!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Since this is still a MEDIA thread, thanks for posting the article.
    Like someone else posted upthread, Jillian looks nicer without so much makeup. I was re-watching Jason's season, and I think Jillian actually looked different back then - less makeup, less stressed out, and I actually like that way better.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3630503;
    Because she was filming a television show and the cameras were running. So she gave them drama. Whatever those two had "left" to say to one another, we would not "get" to see it, with all the dozens of Finale Crew, directors, producers on hand. Even if their words and actions were not directed, they are profoundly impacted, or better put inhibited, by the fact that it is playing out at the finale of a network tv show.

It seems to entertain some to treat these conversations and gestures with the same weight as if they were uttered privately, without factoring in the (determinative) presence of tv cameras and crew, and to parse every glance or word with Talmudic discipline. To each her own! I see it as a manipulated farce.
    Ah, yes, remember (I know you do) that wonderful photo from Tahoe that a tourist posted here. Not only did it let us know who "advanced" to the next round with Baldwin, but it also chilled the on-camera snow-melting passion with the sheer presence of so many crewpersons and cameras.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cbgj222;3625043;
    TVGuide.com: Why did Reid arrive in a taxi and sneakers versus the limos and suits? It was a nice disparity, like he's not supposed to be there.
    Harrison: That is one thing we wanted because he wasn't supposed to be there. He was breaking in on someone else's moment. But he had just flown in that day and we told him that he could come over and it didn't have to be formal
    . I don't know why he wore sneakers. I'm guessing he probably regrets that because he's gotten a lot of grief, but it was pretty funny.

But there was the shot of him looking at the ring in a hotel room. You mean to tell me he just flew in that day, didn't have time to shower or change but they had time to stop by a hotel and shoot his ring scene.
    And the breaking in on someone else's moment comment kills me. If they really knew she was picking Ed then the should've just told Reid no. They are making out that he just showed up and barged in on Ed's time. THEY ALLOWED IT. RATINGS, RATINGS, RATINGS...

I HATE THE WAY THEY ARE BACKPEDALING. THEY MAY SAY IT'S NOT SCRIPTED BUT THE MORE THEY TRY TO PROVE IT'S NOT SCRIPTED THE MORE THEY ARE GETTING CAUGHT IN LIES.
    Yes, you are soooo right!! They took a picture of him and the ring...they do lie and edit in a manipulative way...I didn't even think about the picture of Reid and the ring...and they make it sound like he barged in?? I am with you, they should have saved Reid and told him no....but maybe Reid would have always wondered if she would have made a different choice, if he had not been permitted to try ...Maybe in the long run it will be good for Reid, he will have closure and move on.. I don't know if I can watch this show anymore..I don't like how people are set up with their hearts...I think Jillian knew it was going to be Ed when she was letting Kypton profess his love, and when she was grilling Reid...I don't like that..I don't like to see people hurt..I feel it..it makes me remember sad feelings I have had why is it necessary...I would have loved watching Ed and Jillian develop more than all the drama and non-important stuff they showed us..

FORT Regular

Jillian admits to being drunk 3 nights on the show, in the People article she says she drowned her sorrow over Ed leaving with Jack Daniels, on the ATFR show she said they spent the day drinking Margaritas. I remember an interview after the Bachelor, when asked about the hot tub scene, she said after a couple of glasses of wine people can do anything. I've seen Ed drunk twice on videos, heard a rumor about what happened at his favorite bar. I am a family therapist and very sensitive to alcohol dependency issues. When a person handles their sadness or happiness with drinking, it's a problem.

FORT Fanatic

Nice article! Thank you minidiva. All the pictures of Ed are so good. Dang he's a handsome so and so. They're a beautiful couple. I can hardly wait to get out to buy my own hard copy. It's going to be a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by just2relax;3631981;
    Jillian admits to being drunk 3 nights on the show, in the People article she says she drowned her sorrow over Ed leaving with Jack Daniels, on the ATFR show she said they spent the day drinking Margaritas. I remember an interview after the Bachelor, when asked about the hot tub scene, she said after a couple of glasses of wine people can do anything. I've seen Ed drunk twice on videos, heard a rumor about what happened at his favorite bar. I am a family therapist and very sensitive to alcohol dependency issues. When a person handles their sadness or happiness with drinking, it's a problem.
    Yeah, I am in family work as well and I hope that these instance are in fact anamolies and not a true function of predominant behaviors...

Closed Thread