Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3631470;
    My starting point is that anyone can say anything on the internet, but it does not make it true. That is my policy in looking at posts from anyone who doesn't have a track record, like the post you cite that came from the alphabet board message board and got posted onto JU. I don't care whether it's in defense of Ed or against Ed. Anyone can pretend to know Ed.

However, it becomes more likely that a person is being truthful when we know that poster has a history of posting accurate things. For instance cheekychook is the one who gave us the scoop from her BFF who's got nothing to do with the show that Ed had been back in Chicago from mid to late April. She stuck with that even though people started doubting her when the Hello picture proving Ed was in Hawaii surfaced. Guess what? cheekychook turned out to be right, because Ed did return to Chicago but then rejoined the show. If you search back cheekychook's posts, she stated this back in May. So that makes it more likely that cheekychook's other information about Ed's mistreatment of 2 women he was involved with while this season was still going is accurate. It's not a guarantee but it sure puts cheekychook's info ahead of info from someone who's got no track record.

In the same vein people like Bloomers, Kashathediva, etc. have a history of providing accurate scoop during previous seasons. We know they are truthful. It doesn't guarantee that their scoop is accurate because sometimes, reliable sources intentionally mislead or something else happens. But we know they are honest. That puts what they have to say ahead of people who've got no track record.

I did not want to believe that Ed is a tool. But at the very minimum posters with a history of being honest and accurate have information that suggests that he has relationship baggage that continued during his participation on this B'ette season. That does not mean Jillian didn't fall for him. Heck it doesn't mean Ed didn't have some genuine feelings for Jillian. But for me it casts the credibility of the engagement into doubt.

You're implying that people will sweep something under the rug just because it might make Ed look reasonable. That's unfair and inaccurate because it ignores the real issue: credibility based on track records. The poster you're alluding to on the other board has none. The posters who have provided information about Ed's other entanglements do have credibility because of their track records.

Now to be fair, just because someone doesn't have a track record doesn't necessarily make them a liar. Maybe that post you referenced IS actually Ed's co worker. After all, Blue Frog and chitown07 were both new FORT posters at one time. When they first started posting I ignored what they had to say because they were new and had no track record. But it's looking more and more like I will have to tip my cap to them and say that they were being honest and providing real information after all.
    Thank you for your post. It was well thought out and accurate on many levels. I do tend to believe posters with a proven track record...for instance Cupcakes who posted what was going to happen at the FC. I basically took it as fact after reading it.
    I also believe that Jillian knows Ed better than any of us on this board...first hand...so in the same respect, should we not believe her in that she has made the best choice and potentially has all of the information? Should we not give her the benefit of the doubt, the same benefit we would give a seasoned poster? If the real live Jillian posted on this board and said....Ed has told me All....and I accept it, we have started fresh.....would you believe her? Because, really that has what she has done..by choosing him and agreeing to marry him....for better or for worse....it is what she has done wether or not we agree and want to "let her know" what a mistake she has made, etc. Or, is she just not to be believed at all? And we will continue to criticize her choice because it may have been diffeent than what we would have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3631591;

YEAH Avalon!! That was priceless!! I'm LMAO!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3631537;
    I think thats Ed!

ETA: Look at Tanner just watching Reid go in for the kill.

I dont think thats Ed....his legs are different...more hairy...besides, this guy looks a little leaner than Ed.

FORT Fanatic

Actually....I care, since this is still the media thread. thanks for posting!!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631602;
    I dont think thats Ed....his legs are different...more hairy...besides, this guy looks a little leaner than Ed.
    I figured he'd got a wax.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631596;
    Thank you for your post. It was well thought out and accurate on many levels. I do tend to believe posters with a proven track record...for instance Cupcakes who posted what was going to happen at the FC. I basically took it as fact after reading it.
    I also believe that Jillian knows Ed better than any of us on this board...first hand...so in the same respect, should we not believe her in that she has made the best choice and potentially has all of the information? Should we not give her the benefit of the doubt, the same benefit we would give a seasoned poster? If the real live Jillian posted on this board and said....Ed has told me All....and I accept it, we have started fresh.....would you believe her? Because, really that has what she has done..by choosing him and agreeing to marry him....for better or for worse....it is what she has done wether or not we agree and want to "let her know" what a mistake she has made, etc. Or, is she just not to be believed at all? And we will continue to criticize her choice because it may have been diffeent than what we would have chosen.
    But I think that is the point that a lot of people are concerned about: does Jillian know every detail? Has Ed been completely honest with her? People split the fence on this one and I truly think that's the area of contention. Some people are very doubtful of Ed's honesty. There is just so many "rumors" floating around; it's really hard to dismiss them at this point without Jillian & Ed addressing them. I think it will continue to be talked about until the rumors are addressed. I think more stuff is apparently coming so maybe they are waiting for all of the rumors to come out, see what is being said and issue a statement.

FORT Regular

Does anybody know where I can get a link to the transcripts/audio of the big interviews of Jillian, Ed, Reid, and Kiptyn?

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3631566;
    Was this technically Reid and Jillian's first kiss then?
    I think their first time was in the white chair when Juan interrupted them.
    There is a video that shows them kissing, so I think it was edited out.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3631567;
    People Magazine, Exclusive Bachelorette Jillian's Choice -- August 10, 2009

Introducing Jillian and Ed, the happy couple! :-)

Ohmygosh! The trampoline? What are the people staging this shoot thinking?

Jilly, as always, for reasons completely baffling and senseles to me, looks thrilled and delighted in Ed's arms. Good for her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread