Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3631402;
    Now, what does it say when Fleiss says that he wouldn't have his own daughter on The Bachelor?

Plus, he thinks controversy is what makes 'reality tv' and basically thinks of the show as a 'sporting event' for women.

Here is an article from Forbes.com Welcome To Forbes.com
    Atem..an interesting article..also interesting to see Fleiss's view on what is good for the goose is not good for the gander. He doesn't want his daughter to be on the show but jokes around that he wouldn't mind so much for his son. Seems like the old double standard. Hard for me to believe that Fleiss has any of these traditional and conservative values left. It was also interesting how he defended the off beat scenarios and drama. The article speaks volumes about the man and his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3631348;
    I think anyone who falls in love on this show does it quite by accident.
    Actually the love story is quite purposeful and scripted. The real story is snuffed out; and if any couple escapes the scrutiny and can deal with the stress...your statement is right on. It is more like a show where the contestants are competing to even be able to leave the house or the compound and get out on a date. Are they competing for love or for a breath of fresh air and a change of scenery. I have to say that I was surprised that Jillian had as good a group as she did considering what they all go through; it gives more credibility to the stories that the bachelors were paid.

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3631230;
    I was wondering if you could explaine the "NO LOVE CONNECTION" that you posted regarding this season. Jill had 3 men wanting to propose to her, so I am confused what that meant.

Also you said that Ed was banned form his favorite Bar, but the bar manager denied that, I have read Jill and him have already been there together, can you tell us what bar it was thanks

Just to throw it out there, the original wording I saw was that Ed was no longer welcome in that bar but I did not see how that necessarily extended to the intrepretation that he was banned - he may have rubbed some regulars or the staff the wrong way but that doesn't necessarily mean he was formally banned.

And the other reality is that Ed before Bachelor and Ed after Bachelor might just be accorded different treatment because Chi Town is naturally embracing their hometown boy in all this.... ban what silly ban, just a silliy misunderstanding, come on in Ed, your favourite spot at the bar is waiting for you...just saying

Now, what does it say when Fleiss says that he wouldn't have his own daughter on The Bachelor?

Plus, he thinks controversy is what makes 'reality tv' and basically thinks of the show as a 'sporting event' for women.

I just posted the text of that in the "Last Words" thread. Fleiss is very very evil.

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3631407;
    Trista and Ryan are a huge exception, I wouldn't call it an accident, but I would say their relationship happened IN SPITE of the show.

First, it was much earlier in the game. Sure there were manipulations and editing tricks, but it is a whole new ballgame now. It is a whole different outlook for TPTB now, an outlook that has ratings at #1, drama #2, crazy personalities #3, and way down at #19 is love. Second, I think the amount of "preplanning" has gone WAY up since then. Now it is more about "casting a character" rather than finding real people.

Lastly and most importantly, Trista opened up herself to different types of guys. In the end she ended up with 2 guys, one who was "her type" and one who wasn't. She ended up with someone that was not her usual type but complimented her personality.
    Yes at that time most of the participants were still naive, even if the producers were playing the same games but as each season passes, more of the participants are pure opportunists and the casting has more like casting a soap opera than finding the right person for the Bachelor/ette and the producers up the ante on their own manipulations out of fear there will not be enough excitement or drama to hold the audience who now frankly likely expect more or something different than just a plain old fashioned love story.

And you have to add into the mix all the dating reality shows that have followed and made the game even more phoney if you will and yet people find it entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631065;
    Okay...did anyone read the post from Ed's co-worker that was posted on JU?

Just wondering if it is to be taken seriously, or like everything else in defense of Ed...should be swept under the rug? I am really trying to view all of this objectively....IF he did all of the "sext"...etc, post reality show....than he sucks and needs to just go away. On the flip side, if even part of what this guy says is true....then this could be a pretty legit explanation of why they (the ex GF)would break up, and why he now wants to try to settle down and re-prioritize his life. (With Jill) I know many will argue that this is just lies promoted by ABC or "whoever"...(although the argument yesterday was that ABC was throwing them under the bus and sitting by to watch the irestorm....so why would they bother......)...but is it any different than RS, Jeremy or Wes...or any poster on this board who has posted things that they knew about Ed to be "true". Not one iota of information that has been posted has come from a first person source...(if I am wrong, please let me know.) By first person I mean...any of the multiple girlfriends, Ed, Jill...etc. For this reason only,....I have sat back and tried not to judge others...those I do not know, and those who do not know me. I have been a victim of gossip....and it is no fun. Just saying I wish we could read all of the posts and view them objectively like we do pictures when we are sluething....
    My starting point is that anyone can say anything on the internet, but it does not make it true. That is my policy in looking at posts from anyone who doesn't have a track record, like the post you cite that came from the alphabet board message board and got posted onto JU. I don't care whether it's in defense of Ed or against Ed. Anyone can pretend to know Ed.

However, it becomes more likely that a person is being truthful when we know that poster has a history of posting accurate things. For instance cheekychook is the one who gave us the scoop from her BFF who's got nothing to do with the show that Ed had been back in Chicago from mid to late April. She stuck with that even though people started doubting her when the Hello picture proving Ed was in Hawaii surfaced. Guess what? cheekychook turned out to be right, because Ed did return to Chicago but then rejoined the show. If you search back cheekychook's posts, she stated this back in May. So that makes it more likely that cheekychook's other information about Ed's mistreatment of 2 women he was involved with while this season was still going is accurate. It's not a guarantee but it sure puts cheekychook's info ahead of info from someone who's got no track record.

In the same vein people like Bloomers, Kashathediva, etc. have a history of providing accurate scoop during previous seasons. We know they are truthful. It doesn't guarantee that their scoop is accurate because sometimes, reliable sources intentionally mislead or something else happens. But we know they are honest. That puts what they have to say ahead of people who've got no track record.

I did not want to believe that Ed is a tool. But at the very minimum posters with a history of being honest and accurate have information that suggests that he has relationship baggage that continued during his participation on this B'ette season. That does not mean Jillian didn't fall for him. Heck it doesn't mean Ed didn't have some genuine feelings for Jillian. But for me it casts the credibility of the engagement into doubt.

You're implying that people will sweep something under the rug just because it might make Ed look reasonable. That's unfair and inaccurate because it ignores the real issue: credibility based on track records. The poster you're alluding to on the other board has none. The posters who have provided information about Ed's other entanglements do have credibility because of their track records.

Now to be fair, just because someone doesn't have a track record doesn't necessarily make them a liar. Maybe that post you referenced IS actually Ed's co worker. After all, Blue Frog and chitown07 were both new FORT posters at one time. When they first started posting I ignored what they had to say because they were new and had no track record. But it's looking more and more like I will have to tip my cap to them and say that they were being honest and providing real information after all.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 08-01-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3631470;
    My starting point is that anyone can say anything on the internet, but it does not make it true. That is my policy in looking at posts from anyone who doesn't have a track record, like the post you cite that came from the alphabet board message board and got posted onto JU. I don't care whether it's in defense of Ed or against Ed. Anyone can pretend to know Ed.

However, it becomes more likely that a person is being truthful when we know that poster has a history of posting accurate things. For instance cheekychook is the one who gave us the scoop from her BFF who's got nothing to do with the show that Ed had been back in Chicago from mid to late April. She stuck with that even though people started doubting her when the Hello picture proving Ed was in Hawaii surfaced. Guess what? cheekychook turned out to be right, because Ed did return to Chicago but then rejoined the show. If you search back cheekychook's posts, she stated this back in May. So that makes it more likely that cheekychook's other information about Ed's mistreatment of 2 women he was involved with while this season was still going is accurate. It's not a guarantee but it sure puts cheekychook's info ahead of info from someone who's got no track record.

In the same vein people like Bloomers, Kashathediva, etc. have a history of providing accurate scoop during previous seasons. We know they are truthful. It doesn't guarantee that their scoop is accurate because sometimes, reliable sources intentionally mislead or something else happens. But we know they are honest. That puts what they have to say ahead of people who've got no track record.

I did not want to believe that Ed is a tool. But at the very minimum posters with a history of being honest and accurate have information suggests that he has relationship baggage that continued during his participation on this B'ette season. That does not mean Jillian didn't fall for him. Heck it doesn't mean Ed didn't have some genuine feelings for Jillian. But for me it casts the credibility of the engagement into doubt.

You're implying that people will sweep something under the rug just because it might make Ed look reasonable. That's unfair and inaccurate because it ignores the real issue: credibility based on track records. The poster you're alluding to on the other board has none. The posters who have providing information about Ed's other entanglements do have credibility because of their track records.

Now to be fair, just because someone doesn't have a track record doesn't necessarily make them a liar. Maybe that post you referenced is Ed's co worker. After all, Blue Frog and chitown07 were both new FORT posters at one time. When they first started posting I ignored what they had to say because they were new and had no track record. But it's looking more and more like I will have to tip my cap to them and say that they were being honest and providing real information after all.

This is a very well thought out, reasonably stated post!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3631245;
    I'm thinking 1 proposed because he is 'playing the part' but she was/is in love with him; the other 2 proposed but she wasn't 'there' with them?
    Well as much as I am sure he loves you answering for him, I want to hear what he has to say . and as far as the bolded I will try to buy into your expainations soon as you show me the proof to back up that statement.

She wasn't there with them? Oh you mean she wasn't madly in love with Reid? Boy I sure did misunderstand alot of posts I have read LOL

I have also read that Reid had to propose in order to come back so if that is to be taken as the truth than would I be fair in assuming that "He was Playing A Part" and I am serious, because this is a contridiction and this is where I get confused because you cant have it both ways. so any help in figuring out just one of these mysteries is appreciated.

FORT Regular

Reality Tea has pictures and article about the Ed "sexting" and a pic of Bethany

Actually, I think the "sporting event" part is funny - my girlfriends & I watch together each week, with snacks & drinks. So that may be an accurate way to describe it!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Closed Thread