Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631327;
    Gotcha....do you think ABC could get Matthew???I would definately tune in for that.....he hasn't has a good role in awhile.
    I think he's pretty tied up sitting on the beach all day every day. Nevermind that whole pregnant girlfriend thing....
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3631325;
    I guess I should have done more than use the phrase "for example" to suggest that I was creating an analogy. Let me try again:

For the same reason that some women might want to see (insert any actor here) in another role after enjoying their previous role, some women might want to see Reid in another role after enjoying his previous role: they would like to look at him some more.

One last question...and I am being serious...if everyone is playing a role...where do ryan and trista fall into it? Did they just accidently fall in love during the scripted show....(that actually probably makes sense.) I really am not being argumentative...just trying to get a different perspective. I also highly appreciate the fact that you realize that if Ed is playing a paid "role"...then so is Reid, Kip and others. I also dont have a problem accepting this if the playing board is equal for all characters.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3631340;
    I think he's pretty tied up sitting on the beach all day every day. Nevermind that whole pregnant girlfriend thing....
    yeah...we actually have already done the whole "single dad" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631341;
    One last question...and I am being serious...if everyone is playing a role...where do ryan and trista fall into it? Did they just accidently fall in love during the scripted show....(that actually probably makes sense.) I really am not being argumentative...just trying to get a different perspective. I also highly appreciate the fact that you realize that if Ed is playing a paid "role"...then so is Reid, Kip and others. I also dont have a problem accepting this if the playing board is equal for all characters.
    I think anyone who falls in love on this show does it quite by accident.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3631078;
    Shaking my head.
    I just don't get it.
    Each season the protagonist is getting run over more and more by the Fleiss bus. Human hamburger with tire treads.

Maybe we can do a condiment test on them. Ketchup means pasty(Jason), Mustard means some backbone(Brad) and Kraut means the wild child/bad boy/girl(Ed)
    What are these seemingly intelligent people (the are retreads) thinking they are getting into? Jillian saw first hand what happened to Jason. Did she think she was going to be any different? And why? Doesn't she put her pants on the same way as recent past primaries?
    Yes, I hate to see anyone harshly mistreated.
    But some of the responsibility lies on her own 2 shoulders.
    Ask and you shall receive is Fleiss' moto. This doesn't just apply to having a new wardrobe and personal stylist. Being a part of this show is like selling your soul to the devil.
    Caveat Emptor.

Exactly.
    And I remember vividly countless blog posts warning Jilly to run, run, run when we were anticipating her announcement as the bach'ette....
    Sure hope Reid takes some of the online advice out there (passed along possibly by Mrs. R???) a bit more to heart. Though of course he's a grown man with his own mind..... What a shame it would be to see tread marks on that cute, crinkly-eyed face....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jones;3631279;
    I don't think sdl ever stated which bar Ed was "banned" from, and someone else on this board just assumed it was the Blue Frog.
    -----------------------------

Oh please! Lets be fair here. While I do not think that Ed is in love with Jillian ad wants to marry her, I think it is very strange that sdl put that rumour about the karaoke bar out there and since has not adressed it again, though people asked him many times. Ed said that his favorite karaoke bar is the blue frog and many friends of him seemed to say that.

With all the other stuff he came on the boards again and again to repeat the gf rumours again and again because he was mad that people didnt believe him. Why doesn't he do the same with the karaoke bar rumour, if it is true? He defended the gf rumours a hundred times , why not the karaoke bar rumour?

When being challenged he tends to go back to his convenient "I am offended and now I am on strike mode" . HE doesn't come back from his strike to answer the karaoke bar question, but he does come back from his strike to tell everyone how 'mean' they were when they critisized him. If you put a rumour out there then you have to deal with challenging questions and stop taking everything personally.
    Last edited by computer; 08-01-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Now, what does it say when Fleiss says that he wouldn't have his own daughter on The Bachelor?

Plus, he thinks controversy is what makes 'reality tv' and basically thinks of the show as a 'sporting event' for women.

Here is an article from Forbes.com Welcome To Forbes.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631341;
    Trista and Ryan are a huge exception, I wouldn't call it an accident, but I would say their relationship happened IN SPITE of the show.

First, it was much earlier in the game. Sure there were manipulations and editing tricks, but it is a whole new ballgame now. It is a whole different outlook for TPTB now, an outlook that has ratings at #1, drama #2, crazy personalities #3, and way down at #19 is love. Second, I think the amount of "preplanning" has gone WAY up since then. Now it is more about "casting a character" rather than finding real people.

Lastly and most importantly, Trista opened up herself to different types of guys. In the end she ended up with 2 guys, one who was "her type" and one who wasn't. She ended up with someone that was not her usual type but complimented her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3631402;
    Now, what does it say when Fleiss says that he wouldn't have his own daughter on The Bachelor?
    Doesn't want to damage the bus, I guess.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3631402;

Plus, he thinks controversy is what makes 'reality tv' and basically thinks of the show as a 'sporting event' for women.

Here is an article from Forbes.com Welcome To Forbes.com
    He's a s/cary, scary man.

ETA: thanks for posting the link.

Closed Thread