Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

The NO LOVE CONNECTION is code, I think, for the opinion that most, if not all, of this show is scripted with the players having their individual roles to fulfill.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailingWife;3631286;
    The NO LOVE CONNECTION is code, I think, for the opinion that most, if not all, of this show is scripted with the players having their individual roles to fulfill.

That's my take on it, anyway.
    Exactly. A fauxmance led to a fauxposal. The fengagement that resulted is being extended to 18 months so that a farriage will not have to follow.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3631253;
    Does this apply to everyone, or just the critics? Because it seems to me that everyone here is engaged in the post-show story in some way-- the critics who are concerned with the truth about GF-gate, and the Jed-heads who have dedicated a thread to Jillian and Ed's post-show relationship.
    Don't forget the Reidsters that are wondering what the h*ll happened to our love story!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3630115;
    I am still on strike but as the news stories develop about the 3 (yes 3) other girls with whom Ed had contact before, during and ]after filming the show, I would like to remind you that the reception to this information when I posted it a month ago was nothing short of hateful from some who had no idea of the facts but felt free to attack me personally.
    All is forgiven. It's just a message board.
    The truth always bubbles to the surface eventually.
    But to those who listened, thank you. It mattered to me, a lot.
    BTW, ABC is getting a kick out of all of this.....they love the buzz.

Regarding bolded from above #1
    I can see
    totally forgiving someone if they fessed up about a "before"....
    I might even consider forgiving a "during" if I was in love.
    But I'D NEVER FORGIVE an "after" communication no matter how in love I was.

Regarding bolded from above #2
    Oh geez...another AFTR 2???
    Last edited by costcoholic; 08-01-2009 at 08:41 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3631291;
    Exactly. A fauxmance led to a fauxposal. The fengagement that resulted is being extended to 18 months so that a farriage will not have to follow.

if this is true...then isn't Reids role just as scripted....and if so, why would we want him to be the next bachelor....seems like a good enough guy....but hasn't he had his moment already and earned his $$. Lets move on to the next fish in the pond....

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631310;
    if this is true...then isn't Reids role just as scripted....and if so, why would we want him to be the next bachelor....seems like a good enough guy....but hasn't he had his moment already and earned his $$. Lets move on to the next fish in the pond....
    I don't.

But I suspect the reason that people would want to see him anyway is the same as the reason they might want to see Matthew McConaghey(for example) in his next role.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3630882;
    Either somewhere upthread or on the Reid thread, someone indicated that it took Reid longer in this process to fall in love w/ Jill and it will likely take longer for him to get over her. I agree - this is just the way he is wired. He needs to work through his feelings at his own speed. Kiptyn was very wise when he conveyed at ATFR that when he said ILY to Jillian, he meant it. Likewise, I believe that when Reid told Jill he loved her, he meant it - even though it turned out to be 4 days too late!!!

To add to the complexity of the J/R situation, we do not know exactly what happened btwn Jill & Reid in the FS. We can all speculate until the cows come home, but we do not know for sure. The only thing we do know for certain is Reid felt very strongly post-FS that he and Jill had a deep connection and that Jill did confirm to Reid at the FRC that he was not "crazy" - there was a connection between them.

Reid needs to get over Jillian and begin operating his love life from a position of strength. I don't say this to be nasty about Jill or to diminish the feelings Reid had for Jill and vice versa. I just think that for him to ever enter into a healthy relationship w/ anyone, he needs to get over her first - and we know he is not Speedy Gonzales when it comes to dealing w/ feelings in the relationship department.

As I felt that Reid was the best suited man for Jill and I really wanted to see Jill happy long term, I would have loved to see Jill choose Reid at the FRC. I do believe she struggled w/ her decision at the FRC - no matter how much anyone may try to tell me differently. Having said that, regardless of how either of them feel deep down, at this point I think there is too much that has happened since Maui and they both need to go forward w/ their lives. Reid needs to evaluate what he loved about Jill and look for those same qualities in another woman. Jill needs to strap on her helmet and suit of armor and decide where she wants her relationship w/ Ed to go.
    1. I agree--Contemplative personality types like Reid take time to carefully think things through, but once they make a decision, they are really committed to it. It's not easy to for these types (I'm one, so is my hubby) to just "let it go" when you feel you made a logical, thoughtful, well-analyzed decision!

2. I have no doubt of this either! I DO think it's possible to be very attracted to, even love, two people at once. However, I do think Jill felt before and during the FRC that Ed was the best choice for her in the long run. I recall in some interviews she said it was sort of a choice between choosing Mr. Right instead of Mr. Right Now. She felt Ed was more Mr. Right (longterm), no matter her "right now" feelings for Reid.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3631315;
    I don't.

But I suspect the reason that people would want to see him anyway is the same as the reason they might want to see Matthew McConaghey(for example) in his next role.
    I think Reid is cute and sexy in his own way...but are you comparing him to Matthew McConaghey???LOl...Reid was not filmed without his shirt on the entire season except in the hotub up to his chest....There would not be one scence where we would be able to get Matthew to put his shirt on....LOL

I guess I should have done more than use the phrase "for example" to suggest that I was creating an analogy. Let me try again:

For the same reason that some women might want to see (insert any actor here) in another role after enjoying their previous role, some women might want to see Reid in another role after enjoying his previous role: they would like to look at him some more.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3631325;
    I guess I should have done more than use the phrase "for example" to suggest that I was creating an analogy. Let me try again:

For the same reason that some women might want to see (insert any actor here) in another role after enjoying their previous role, some women might want to see Reid in another role after enjoying his previous role: they would like to look at him some more.
    Gotcha....do you think ABC could get Matthew???I would definately tune in for that.....he hasn't has a good role in awhile.

Closed Thread