Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3631162;
    First, not "everyone" on the boards are "judging" people on the show. For a great many, the show is entertainment and that only. Many could give a flying hoot if Ed dated 3 monkeys and sexted a donkey while doing the show. Maybe that will be the hoop de la being suggested that will come out in the media this week?
    Hmmm--that could be what Fleiss is planning on for next season--sorry if I let the cat out of the bag there, I should have reserved that for the spoiler section.
    Secondly, Fleiss comes into this because the show is his baby and he thrives on the type of drama and angst an "Ed" situation would promote. If not "Ed", Fleiss would have done his dam*edest to find a situation that would have stimulated as much talk and debate as the one presently going on. He is probably rubbing his hands together in glee over this mess.
    JMO.
    Monkeys! Donkeys! I never imagined Ed to be that adventurous...

Good one Kasha!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3630115;
    I am still on strike but as the news stories develop about the 3 (yes 3) other girls with whom Ed had contact before, during and after filming the show, I would like to remind you that the reception to this information when I posted it a month ago was nothing short of hateful from some who had no idea of the facts but felt free to attack me personally.
    All is forgiven. It's just a message board.
    The truth always bubbles to the surface eventually.
    But to those who listened, thank you. It mattered to me, a lot.
    BTW, ABC is getting a kick out of all of this.....they love the buzz.
    I was wondering if you could explaine the "NO LOVE CONNECTION" that you posted regarding this season. Jill had 3 men wanting to propose to her, so I am confused what that meant.

Also you said that Ed was banned form his favorite Bar, but the bar manager denied that, I have read Jill and him have already been there together, can you tell us what bar it was thanks

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3631168;
    Of all the things I continually see asserted here, this is the one that kills me the most. Do you really think the boards carry that much clout?

FORT is not responsible for Ed's indiscretions. If any harm comes Jillian's way because of those indiscretions, Ed is the only one to blame. If it turns out that there is no truth to these rumors whatsoever, then Jillian and Ed can laugh about this together.

It also bears noting that many people here are approaching GF-gate from a place of concern for Jillian. Just because people are discussing it doesn't mean they are maliciously trying to "kill Jillian." And as far as I can tell, this story is breaking into the mainstream media completely independently from FORT.
    Completely agree!!

And while I'm here, can I add that NO MATTER what RS's motives are (and I was not a fan last season) - he was spot on with his 'scoop'.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3631065;
    Okay...did anyone read the post from Ed's co-worker that was posted on JU?

Just wondering if it is to be taken seriously, or like everything else in defense of Ed...should be swept under the rug? I am really trying to view all of this objectively....IF he did all of the "sext"...etc, post reality show....than he sucks and needs to just go away. On the flip side, if even part of what this guy says is true....then this could be a pretty legit explanation of why they (the ex GF)would break up, and why he now wants to try to settle down and re-prioritize his life. (With Jill) I know many will argue that this is just lies promoted by ABC or "whoever"...(although the argument yesterday was that ABC was throwing them under the bus and sitting by to watch the irestorm....so why would they bother......)...but is it any different than RS, Jeremy or Wes...or any poster on this board who has posted things that they knew about Ed to be "true". Not one iota of information that has been posted has come from a first person source...(if I am wrong, please let me know.) By first person I mean...any of the multiple girlfriends, Ed, Jill...etc. For this reason only,....I have sat back and tried not to judge others...those I do not know, and those who do not know me. I have been a victim of gossip....and it is no fun. Just saying I wish we could read all of the posts and view them objectively like we do pictures when we are sluething....
    I think it would be easy to rationalize girlfriend number one but THREE of them....that's quite the task.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3631222;
    All of this is very interesting, but why should anyone even bother with a wait and see? What is there to wait and see about? The show is over, it was entertaining, why does it concern us (the viewers and fans of the show) what was or is happening in any of the participants lives? Other than waiting to see if Reid or Jake could possibly be the next bachelor... the rest isn't any of our business, IMO!
    Then why are you (and me) here talking about it? Because it is entertainment! I don't understand why people are offended that we're still on here talking about it, but so are they!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3631230;
    I was wondering if you could explaine the "NO LOVE CONNECTION" that you posted regarding this season. Jill had 3 men wanting to propose to her, so I am confused what that meant.

Also you said that Ed was banned form his favorite Bar, but the bar manager denied that, I have read Jill and him have already been there together, can you tell us what bar it was thanks
    I'm thinking 1 proposed because he is 'playing the part' but she was/is in love with him; the other 2 proposed but she wasn't 'there' with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3631222;
    All of this is very interesting, but why should anyone even bother with a wait and see? What is there to wait and see about? The show is over, it was entertaining, why does it concern us (the viewers and fans of the show) what was or is happening in any of the participants lives? Other than waiting to see if Reid or Jake could possibly be the next bachelor... the rest isn't any of our business, IMO!
    Does this apply to everyone, or just the critics? Because it seems to me that everyone here is engaged in the post-show story in some way-- the critics who are concerned with the truth about GF-gate, and the Jed-heads who have dedicated a thread to Jillian and Ed's post-show relationship.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3631253;
    Does this apply to everyone, or just the critics? Because it seems to me that everyone here is engaged in the post-show story in some way-- the critics who are concerned with the truth about GF-gate, and the Jed-heads who have dedicated a thread to Jillian and Ed's post-show relationship.
    Good point. ITA

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc;3631230;

I don't think sdl ever stated which bar Ed was "banned" from, and someone else on this board just assumed it was the Blue Frog.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3631240;
    Then why are you (and me) here talking about it? Because it is entertainment! I don't understand why people are offended that we're still on here talking about it, but so are they!!

Closed Thread