Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

You do have to wonder what the reactions are of families when their loved ones says hey I am signing up for Bachelor or Paris Hilton's New BFF [WTF] or worse they've already signed on the dotted line and the family cannot talk them out of it.

Shows like Survivor and Amazing Race, that's cool. I'd almost be tempted to sign up for Amazing Race except they keep making the physical challenges harder and harder and I am getting older and older, bwah.

Big Brother, well between the live feed and the duration of the show you have a chance to redeem yourself a bit vs the evil edit. Go Jeff!

But Mom I am signing up for Flavour of Love 4 or I Love New York Edition 1001. Yikes. I'd be son, I don't care if you are a finalists I am not going near that woman and her crazy mother. If you need money that bad why didn't you come to us first.

Jason has his own agenda for going after RS and that has to do with RS calling him out last season. I have no respect for Jason for all the lying he did during his season.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3630724;
    Jason has a side in this? I am so far behind....
    I believe that Jason has expressed that he thinks this stuff should be dealt with privately and not out in the public.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3630825;
    I believe that Jason has expressed that he thinks this stuff should be dealt with privately and not out in the public.
    Of course he does, after all the lying he did last year.

I don't care if Jillian knows or believes the truth, but me as a viewer I want to know everything from all sides and not the "rainbows and kitten" version that people from the show want you to believe.

I hope RS tells what he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3630825;
    I'm sure Jason is just looking out for Jillian and Ed. True personal care and warmth. No personal agenda or vendetta whatsoever.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

anyone else notice that Jake has more votes to be next bachelor then Kip does? And only 4 points behind Reid. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3630849;
    anyone else notice that Jake has more votes to be next bachelor then Kip does? And only 4 points behind Reid. wow.
    Doesn't surprise me. Remember the screaming that ensued each time Jake said something...etc, etc. at the MTA? Lots of women are buying into his golly gee persona.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3630812;
    You do have to wonder what the reactions are of families when their loved ones says hey I am signing up for Bachelor or Paris Hilton's New BFF [WTF] or worse they've already signed on the dotted line and the family cannot talk them out of it.

Shows like Survivor and Amazing Race, that's cool. I'd almost be tempted to sign up for Amazing Race except they keep making the physical challenges harder and harder and I am getting older and older, bwah.

Big Brother, well between the live feed and the duration of the show you have a chance to redeem yourself a bit vs the evil edit. Go Jeff!

But Mom I am signing up for Flavour of Love 4 or I Love New York Edition 1001. Yikes. I'd be son, I don't care if you are a finalists I am not going near that woman and her crazy mother. If you need money that bad why didn't you come to us first.
    I love TAR!!! I actually submitted an application, made it far into the casting process with my partner, but we got disqualified because she works for a well known movie producer. I'm trying to recruit another one of my friends or my brother to be my new partner!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;3630761;
    Sounds very plausible. Wonder if Reid's feelings change after next week when everything is out in the open? If it turns out Ed's indiscretions continued after the engagement, I'm fairly certain Jill will leave him.

At the very least, I would think Reid may need to reassess where his feelings lie - unless he has decided he's never going to revisit this part of his life ever again. But I can't imagine Reid being 100% certain that it's time to move on if Jill becomes available - it seems out of character for him to entirely give up unless she gives him reason to. Jill's first reason was Reid could not commit, now it's that she's fallen in love with Ed - what happens when all those reasons disappear? In all the interviews we've seen, the tables have never been turned on Jill to find out what her feelings are for Reid. Maybe there's been too much water under the bridge and it's too late to ever go back to where they were at on Maui.
    Either somewhere upthread or on the Reid thread, someone indicated that it took Reid longer in this process to fall in love w/ Jill and it will likely take longer for him to get over her. I agree - this is just the way he is wired. He needs to work through his feelings at his own speed. Kiptyn was very wise when he conveyed at ATFR that when he said ILY to Jillian, he meant it. Likewise, I believe that when Reid told Jill he loved her, he meant it - even though it turned out to be 4 days too late!!!

To add to the complexity of the J/R situation, we do not know exactly what happened btwn Jill & Reid in the FS. We can all speculate until the cows come home, but we do not know for sure. The only thing we do know for certain is Reid felt very strongly post-FS that he and Jill had a deep connection and that Jill did confirm to Reid at the FRC that he was not "crazy" - there was a connection between them.

Reid needs to get over Jillian and begin operating his love life from a position of strength. I don't say this to be nasty about Jill or to diminish the feelings Reid had for Jill and vice versa. I just think that for him to ever enter into a healthy relationship w/ anyone, he needs to get over her first - and we know he is not Speedy Gonzales when it comes to dealing w/ feelings in the relationship department.

As I felt that Reid was the best suited man for Jill and I really wanted to see Jill happy long term, I would have loved to see Jill choose Reid at the FRC. I do believe she struggled w/ her decision at the FRC - no matter how much anyone may try to tell me differently. Having said that, regardless of how either of them feel deep down, at this point I think there is too much that has happened since Maui and they both need to go forward w/ their lives. Reid needs to evaluate what he loved about Jill and look for those same qualities in another woman. Jill needs to strap on her helmet and suit of armor and decide where she wants her relationship w/ Ed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by black_tears;3630843;
    I'm sure Jason is just looking out for Jillian and Ed. True personal care and warmth. No personal agenda or vendetta whatsoever.

Yeah, Jason is just speaking out for the greater good. Jason HATES RS, so he has his own agenda with that. Same for RS, he hates the Bachelor franchise, so he has his own agenda as well.

Closed Thread