Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3629216;
    And I wish I was a journalist based in LA because that is the story I'd like to expose.....there's a book in this if you could get a lot of people to talk and after this many seasons, you might just.

I have to think there are members of crew and staff that just couldn't stomach some of this stuff and left. For all we know some of the crew leaked this hoping it would get to Jillian in time to save her.
    I'm thankful to Kate Brockhouse and to Tina Wu for blogging about some of the behind-the-scenes manipulations. I do believe that some crew/staff over the years may have pulled a Marshana "walk off." Good for them (roses for them).

In some ways, an expose HAS been written--collaboratively--and by some great writers, by the way. It's online and is called The FORT Bachelor/'ette Archives.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3629384;
    fiveboys you must hang around a classier breed of men because certain kind of men do and will talk like that, my sis works in a business that is very male dominated, she is really the only female and she will tell me a) the men are worse gossips then women b) they are pigs, married and single and she hears things she doesn't want to hear because she knows the wives........
    sadly I have fallen victim to a few smooth talking,lying, cheating, creeps in my day. I know men like this are pretty common....if you have not seen the movie..."The Ugly truth"...then I reccomend it...pretty funny, highly accurate, and Gerard Butler looks pretty good throughout...(). But I beleive in my heart that people can change when put into a circumstance that helps them to see a better life ahead.....Not saying this is what has happened to Ed, I am just saying it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3629430;
    If Reid came back last minute, where did the caps come from with him and the ring? Is it possible TBTB allowed him to come back, hoping Jillian might change her mind about Ed and pick Reid instead? I'm leaning more towards Ed saying he had to go back to work, TBTB allowing it, and then they found out his job really wasn't in jeopardy and they were ready to sue his butt if he didn't return. Maybe they didn't realize Jillian would be so naive to fall for his story and they'd be able to expose him and get some good ratings, but instead, she actually picked him.
    I'm leaning towards this scenario more and more as well. Sdl has said himself that production was scrambling to make a love story out of this mess. I can't imagine that they thought Ed would actually be F1, and knowing of the gf's back home, the texts, and how disliked he was as an individual... they had to come up with a plan. Coaxing Reid back benefited two-fold... a BIG twist, and the possibility that confident and cocky Ed would be sent packing or so they hoped. Even in CH blog he still talks about the connection and unresolved feelings that Jillian and Reid have. I thought he stated that he talked with her 20 minutes, and it took an hour for her to let Reid go the second time ~ and sobbed when he left. This may be my own way to rationalize someone NOT telling Jillian the truth about Ed, but I think they thought she'd see him for the man he truly is.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3628248;
    With the speculation of an upcoming story that would support the whole Ed girlfriendgate I again shake my head at how poorly handled this situation was from all sides. For whatever reason they decided to take the "bury your head in the sand" approach which has their butts in the air for a perfect bullseye. Yes I believe Jillian knows Ed's story. I believe she knew some of it before making her final choice. She knew some of it when she kept Ed over Reid at the F3 cut. I believe that did discuss the situation in the FS and that it was touched on at ATFR.

Why they would choose to sweep it under the rug and not address it outright so they could set the tone of the big reveal just baffles me. BY not addressing it and giving "their side" of the story first it has left them venerable to more gossip, rumors, and stories coming out. They had the perfect chance to whitewash the whole subject, show everyone that Jillian knew and had forgiven if there was anything to forgive, and the issue was settled. Instead they didnít address it which has left them venerable to continued stories. Now the media will be allowed to set the tone, and knowing the media, it wonít be as pretty.

They can say itís not anyoneís business all they want, but THEY are the ones that decided to sign up for their lives to be broadcast on national tv. They opened the door, and after the way things went down last season Jillian went into it full well knowing what a public lashing she could be setting herself up for. If you want your private life to stay private then you shouldnít choose to live it on national tv (Hi, Mrs. Rosenthal---please tell Reid this!!!!!)

The thought has crossed my mind that maybe this was the plan all along. TPTB have learned that the more people talk about the show (good or bad) the more people tune in. After knowing that Jillianís final choice was Ed they could have easily downplayed the whole girlfriend drama this season. But they played it up. They kept in her saying that it would have been rude if someone came with a girlfriend, and about how upset she was that RC. So much so that they totally cut Toriís visit and meeting the guys. They had plenty of alternative film to show us. But they kept harping on the girlfriend subject.

The story that TPTB wanted to tell this season may have not ended with ATFR
    Ö

I have been feeling the same way. I also feel that maybeTPTB were using the message boards and online blogs to really drive this message home. Something smells rotten to me.

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3629354;
    true.

I haven't seen any of the tabloids out today - anything interesting on the "happy" couple?
    There wasn't time for much considering the tabloid print deadline is late Monday/early Tuesday. There was really only time for negotiated coverage a la People.

I wouldn't necessarily brush aside a Friday leak as something people will forget by Monday. The tabloids now have until the end of Monday to look into this story if they're interested. If they do a story then we'll know Wednesday morning when the new weeklies hit newsstands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3629484;
    I'm leaning towards this scenario more and more as well. Sdl has said himself that production was scrambling to make a love story out of this mess. I can't imagine that they thought Ed would actually be F1, and knowing of the gf's back home, the texts, and how disliked he was as an individual... they had to come up with a plan. Coaxing Reid back benefited two-fold... a BIG twist, and the possibility that confident and cocky Ed would be sent packing or so they hoped. Even in CH blog he still talks about the connection and unresolved feelings that Jillian and Reid have. I thought he stated that he talked with her 20 minutes, and it took an hour for her to let Reid go the second time ~ and sobbed when he left. This may be my own way to rationalize someone NOT telling Jillian the truth about Ed, but I think they thought she'd see him for the man he truly is.
    I agree with your assessment. I don't think they thought she would pick Ed. Yes, she was definitely torn over Reid, but when Chris saw that she was going to pick Ed, he had no choice but to be supportive. What else could he do? He couldn't tell her at that late date that she was making a big mistake, and I do think they allowed Reid back in hopes she would pick him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3629512;
    I agree with your assessment. I don't think they thought she would pick Ed. Yes, she was definitely torn over Reid, but when Chris saw that she was going to pick Ed, he had no choice but to be supportive. What else could he do? He couldn't tell her at that late date that she was making a big mistake, and I do think they allowed Reid back in hopes she would pick him.
    I'm starting to lean this way, too. Too bad they didn't give her more time with him - postpone the FRC, whatever - because I think she would have chosen him. But then again - maybe he dodged a big fat bullet...

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3629512;
    I don't think he saw that. I think he saw her ambivalence.

He could have said "Do you love Reid? Are you in love with him?" instead of "Do you love Ed? Are you in love with Ed?" I honestly think he was in a position to tilt this. It was a photo-finish when she sat down with Chris.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3629519;
    I'm starting to lean this way, too. Too bad they didn't give her more time with him - postpone the FRC, whatever - because I think she would have chosen him. But then again - maybe he dodged a big fat bullet...
    I go back and forth on whether I even want Reid with her. But I did like the person she was with him. There was a noticeable difference in her when she was with him and it was a good difference.

I definitely think TPTB knew about the gfs and the sexting and encouraged Jill to pick him so they could be the ones to sell the story and bury the couple.

I don't care much for Ed but Jill is already with him and moved in to his apartment. I hope she knows all about this or it's all going to devastate her. I wish it wasn't coming out now because it's too late and the girl is already madly in love with him and is planning their dream wedding.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread