Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

freelancergirl, you've offered some good advice for the ex, and added an interesting perspective to this discussion.

would your opinion change if the ex is coming not from the position of the woman scorned with an ax to grind, but instead from wanting to protect another woman from the hurt that she felt? if she wanted to warn jillian, how else could she do it except through a public outlet?

just wondering, i know nothing. i guess, it's either she is seeking to damage ed (in which case she is vengeful) or she's seeking to help jillian (in which case she is naive). either way, you are probably right in your prediction of how she will be criticized. the public cares way more about actions than they do about motives
    _(Moo!)

Not sure if you guys are following the brouhaha on Twitter, but RS just made this tweet: "All in due time, people. All in due time. This has NOTHING to do with me going off some rumors. Just wait."

On his own Twitter, Jason has been pleading with RS to leave Ed and Jillian alone.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by nora3262;3628556;
    Did I miss something today? I was under the impression that the g/f did NOT wish to go public with anything. I thought there were several other people who wanted to expose Ed but she wasn't one of them. Last I heard, RS couldn't even get her to talk to him. Was there some new information today that she wants to "damage Ed's reputation"?

I agree with whoever said in this thread that Ed has done that all by himself.
    Nothing concrete. There were some ramblings on the motherboard about the ex-gf posting the truth on her FB page sometime next week. That is what has led to this discussion. I think the rest of it, with regard to RS, tabloids, etc., is just speculation about how the information might ultimately get widespread distribution.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3628562;
    freelancergirl, you've offered some good advice for the ex, and added an interesting perspective to this discussion.

would your opinion change if the ex is coming not from the position of the woman scorned with an ax to grind, but instead from wanting to protect another woman from the hurt that she felt? if she wanted to warn jillian, how else could she do it except through a public outlet?
    Thank you! You know, I don't think she wins regardless of motive. If she says she's trying to protect Jillian, half the reading audience doesn't believe her anyway. The level of criticism is going to be the same. And I have to say, if that were her true motive, given that she runs in similar social circles, there are a lot more subtle ways to get the info to Jillian than blasting it on RS...which actually, I think Jillian will likely be inclined NOT to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3628570;
    Not sure if you guys are following the brouhaha on Twitter, but RS just made this tweet: "All in due time, people. All in due time. This has NOTHING to do with me going off some rumors. Just wait."

On his own Twitter, Jason has been pleading with RS to leave Ed and Jillian alone.
    What a soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerke;3628533;
    What purpose does it really serve for her to get any more involved than she already is? It seems like it would be much more dignified for her to keep her own counsel...and probably better for her karma too. If Ed's really done all these things in such a dishonest way, the universe will find a way to smite him. No need for her to step in.

I'm not even much of an Ed fan. I just don't like the whole concept of revenge. It diminishes us.
    Maybe I just view this differently. And maybe I am being naive in an "unrealistic, romantic comedy" kind of way ( I have to admit, that's me to a T) ... But perhaps this is not just about revenge. Perhaps it's not just that this girl wants to "stick it" to Ed or to "skewer" him, as someone else said. Perhaps it has more to do with a general feeling on her part that inappropriate behavior and trifling with the affections of others should not just be swept under the rug. Perhaps she feels some sense of "standing up for right" in this situation. And, again, maybe I AM being idealistic or unrealistic or both, but these are just my thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3628570;

I love the fact that Jason is telling RS what to do. No offense, but this kind of crap is basically RS's job. He isn't going to stop. Jason is making more people interested in it by replying to RS.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3628601;
    I love the fact that Jason is telling RS what to do. No offense, but this kind of crap is basically RS's job. He isn't going to stop. Jason is making more people interested in it by replying to RS.
    Or trying to bring a share of the publicity on himself. Oops -- sorry, my cynic is showing!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3628598;
    What a soap opera.
    Personally I can't wait for it to be revealed that Jillian is somehow the love-child of Wes and Trista.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinluv;3628599;
    Maybe I just view this differently. And maybe I am being naive in an "unrealistic, romantic comedy" kind of way ( I have to admit, that's me to a T) ... But perhaps this is not just about revenge. Perhaps it's not just that this girl wants to "stick it" to Ed or to "skewer" him, as someone else said. Perhaps it has more to do with a general feeling on her part that inappropriate behavior and trifling with the affections of others should not just be swept under the rug. Perhaps she feels some sense of "standing up for right" in this situation. And, again, maybe I AM being idealistic or unrealistic or both, but these are just my thoughts on the matter.
    YEAH that. For real. That was my first assumption and what I would do for the sake of a female to not have to go through the same thing I had to in the future because of some two-timer.

Closed Thread