Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Fighting in the first couple months of a relationship is never a good sign, that is when people are still nutty about each other and think even the most annoying traits are endearing or cute or easy enough to ignore. If they're already fighting then I think they'll reach the conclusion they're not compatible in a relationship but they'll always be friends, which is what we've heard so many times. It makes sense, you can't get to know someone's true personality during an 6-8 week tv shoot, especially when you don't spend much time with that one specific person and you're dating over a dozen others at the same time.

I don't think Ed is used to having a fiance who expects him to always be reachable. Ed, there are only so many excuses you can use (the battery in my phone died, I left it at home, I turned the ringer off) before her suspicions grow totally out of control. Better answer that phone! This is not going to sit well with him, it'll turn him off in a big way. I get the impression he's the secretive kind of guy who doesn't like to be questioned about what he did, where he went, who he saw, etc. Even if he's just innocently hanging out with friends at the bar, he doesn't want to be pestered about it. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628362;
    Perhaps their gift was that lovely home they have been living in these last few months. I saw a video of Jillian showing it and it's really lovely.
    No wonder they can't afford to put Ed's picture on the Bachelorette homepage.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Newbie

Does Jillian have a twitter account? If so, what is the link, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinluv;3628501;
    I can certainly appreciate some of the points made in this post, but let's examine the other side of the coin for a moment. For every person who doesn't take her side - "who thinks less of her, who calls her names, who will make her feel worse than she does right now" - there will be one person who wholeheartedly applauds her courage for coming forward with the truth despite any negative ramifications she may have to deal with. IMO, if this girl is being honest, why should she care if people believe her or not? Why should she care if people think she is bitter or just a spurned ex with an ax to grind? If she is indeed telling the truth, she can rest easy in her decision to at least put the information out there. What others choose to think about said information is entirely up to them.
    ITA

FORT Newbie

I can certainly appreciate some of the points made in this post, but let's examine the other side of the coin for a moment. For every person who doesn't take her side - "who thinks less of her, who calls her names, who will make her feel worse than she does right now" - there will be one person who wholeheartedly applauds her courage for coming forward with the truth despite any negative ramifications she may have to deal with. IMO, if this girl is being honest, why should she care if people believe her or not? Why should she care if people think she is bitter or just a spurned ex with an ax to grind? If she is indeed telling the truth, she can rest easy in her decision to at least put the information out there. What others choose to think about said information is entirely up to them.
    What purpose does it really serve for her to get any more involved than she already is? It seems like it would be much more dignified for her to keep her own counsel...and probably better for her karma too. If Ed's really done all these things in such a dishonest way, the universe will find a way to smite him. No need for her to step in.

I'm not even much of an Ed fan. I just don't like the whole concept of revenge. It diminishes us.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan09;3628222;
    I guess we'll have to see when RS or whoever prints proof of his emails/texts like I think he's going to do.

Did anyone see this interview?

Web Exclusive: The Bachelorette Dishes - ABC News

When they were asked about fights she basically said there was one where he was out and she couldn't get ahold of him and she admitted 'maybe it's me being needy'. I think there's already cracks in this relationship when it comes to trust - probably partly because of all the ED rumors.

I predict their relationship is going to be trainwreck.

Does cheeky or Blue Frog know if ED's circle of friends include the girlfriends?IE. are his friends also friends with these girls?

Yes, I believe so.

Furthermore, I say let the truth come out. Let both sides of this story be presented and then shape your opinion accordingly. IMO, ignorance is not bliss.

FORT Regular

Because in my experience, it's very difficult not to care. She's obviously, IMO, someone who is fairly sensitive if she's still upset over this, and again, IMO, it can be very, very tough to read things about yourself that no one should have to read. I think the idea of vindication is naive, sort of not viewing the bigger picture, to be honest, because that's only seeing the positive side of this situation, and there most certainly will be a negative side...the downside and gravity of which, I think would be very difficult for her to anticipate until she's too far in it to get out of it. This isn't something that she can ever erase, and if one day she has regrets for going forward, too bad, too late.

Just my opinion, of course, but I think this whole idea of going public and damaging Ed's reputation and feeling like this triumphant woman has a very romantic-comedy (i.e., unrealistic) feel to it. There's a lot more at stake, and if I were her friends, I would tell her to worry less about Ed's actions toward her and more about preserving her self-esteem. Maybe she IS one of those people like me, who is able to read these not-so-nice things and not care (though her actions tell me otherwise), but I think that she won't truly know this until she's in the situation, and that's a lot to risk. (Again, IMO.) I have a lot of friends who are also in the public domain and who don't respond to criticism as I do, and yeah, it's trying for them. I don't really have any reason to believe that circumstances would be different for this ex. Why not put her energy toward living a great life rather than trying to seek revenge on a past history?

But then why wait so long? That is the part that will make her look bad ultimately. If she is indeed telling the truth and doesn't have ulterior motives, then why not put the story out there when it happened? To come out with it now, she looks like (i) a bitter ex looking for her revenge/pound of flesh, or (ii) a person looking to latch on to Ed's coattails for her 15 minutes of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3628544;
    Because in my experience, it's very difficult not to care. She's obviously, IMO, someone who is fairly sensitive if she's still upset over this, and again, IMO, it can be very, very tough to read things about yourself that no one should have to read. I think the idea of vindication is naive, sort of not viewing the bigger picture, to be honest, because that's only seeing the positive side of this situation, and there most certainly will be a negative side...the downside and gravity of which, I think would be very difficult for her to anticipate until she's too far in it to get out of it. This isn't something that she can ever erase, and if one day she has regrets for going forward, too bad, too late.

Just my opinion, of course, but I think this whole idea of going public and damaging Ed's reputation and feeling like this triumphant woman has a very romantic-comedy (i.e., unrealistic) feel to it. There's a lot more at stake, and if I were her friends, I would tell her to worry less about Ed's actions toward her and more about preserving her self-esteem. Maybe she IS one of those people like me, who is able to read these not-so-nice things and not care (though her actions tell me otherwise), but I think that she won't truly know this until she's in the situation, and that's a lot to risk. (Again, IMO.) I have a lot of friends who are also in the public domain and who don't respond to criticism as I do, and yeah, it's trying for them. I don't really have any reason to believe that circumstances would be different for this ex. Why not put her energy toward living a great life rather than trying to seek revenge on a past history?
    Did I miss something today? I was under the impression that the g/f did NOT wish to go public with anything. I thought there were several other people who wanted to expose Ed but she wasn't one of them. Last I heard, RS couldn't even get her to talk to him. Was there some new information today that she wants to "damage Ed's reputation"?

I agree with whoever said in this thread that Ed has done that all by himself.

Closed Thread