Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628429;
    The mini-van was most likely just to "show" that Reid made all the arrangements himself. All the disrepectful different things that tptb have employed this season and now the non-annoucement on the BACH'ette site? Who knows why a gift was not given, but I do believe that IF one had been given it would have been given on the show. Something's up and very different about tptb attitude this season toward the couple. It started with the strange and insulting edit and now this. We'll see.

Note: None of this has anything to do with the outcome of this couple. They will make it or not make it on the merits of the relationship, NOT by any publicity, etc. with a TINY amount of time it will be given in the media. If they're happy and end up married, good for them, if not they will join the vast heap of broken BACH "show-gagements".
    Maybe they got burned last season? I see what everyone is saying and I do think it sounds strange. I guess where my confusion comes in is then why have CH make the rounds and give interviews about how strong this couple is, blah, blah, blah? He is the show's figurehead. So if ABC is really making a conscious decision not to promote this couple and they are washing their hands of it - then why have CH out there talking about how in love these two are? Just confusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3628106;
    I see Grassy Knoll Season is in full swing. Always an entertaining post-script to each season.
    LOL...just what I had been thinking. I'm so glad I removed myself emotionally from this show and these forums after the debacle that was Jen's season.

I do find it strange that there is no congrats video on the abc site. what is up with that? I mean there is no video at all??? anyway guess it does not matter at all if ABC supports them (CH does) I do have to wonder where their relationship will go, don't we always? I just see them having a tough go of it. If he goes out and doesn't get back to her and she shops for hours on end and doesn't call him back, especially when they are in the "honeymoon" stage of their relationship. but they always have to come up with something, for D and Jesse it was his driving her her sleeping late.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3628227;
    I think the feeling is mutual. He also got worried when she was out 8 hours shopping. You can twist anything to make it what you want to hear. Obviously there are people on here that will NEVER be satisfied that they are happy and in love. They'll be walking down the aisle and some of you will still be saying "Ed just isn't into Jillian" "She's so thinking about Reid right now"
    Pattycake you are so right on with this post! Unfortunately it's the same year after year. Jillian and Ed are both very different from other Bach/Bachelorettes in that they BOTH prefer life out of the media/limelight. They are taking the road where the show is now over and we now want to go back to real life and live, be happy and begin creating our life together.

But it's like you said in your post no matter what they will find a way to twist it and turn it, manipuate and or fabricate it into something 100% different! It is actually very sad indeed.

One thing that I'll hedge on is that the thought never occurred to any of those posters that it may very well be that after Jillian had read some of these blogs and forums she was actually so incredibly horrified and mortified that she has completely removed herself and Ed from it all. Who could blame them?! not me that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3627953;

GF2 is more of a wildcard for me and from what I gather, he may have dated her, no comittments but maybe he didn't close the relationship and/or left her hanging leaving her feeling jilted and angry. I also suspect it is GF2 that is out for her pound of flesh and in her quest to bring Ed down, she has foolishly brought attention to herself. What would she expect to accomplish at this point in time, Ed is an engaged man who has publically expressed his love for, and devotion to Jillian. That is her clue to "give it up"!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3628340;
    Per bold. How? (other then we know she exists).
    Good point, whomeever "She" is and IF "She" exists, it appears to me she is drawing attention to herself (for whatever reason) at a point where it would not serve her well other than to make it look like she is the long suffering victim and/or to ensure he is suffering the wrath of a scorned woman. Ed has clearly moved on - I would find it rather foolish of her to continue to yell foul play unless ofcourse she wants her 15 minutes of fame. I doubt that -- rather it is more that RS etal are looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Can we conclude that someone, Jillian, who has appeared in back to back seasons of Bachelor and hinted very strongly about wanting a TV hosting gig or show does not want to live in the limelight. She is also in an area, design, where the higher your public profile the better. No she doesn't want reality TV cameras following her 24-7 but in the limelight she will be for quite some time. She is still on the show's payroll I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3628317;
    That's right they are coming up with some video game. Oh maybe we can replay this season and we can control the choices ourselves. Then all the Kip and Reid fans can have some fun.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not into video games. So, that's why I'm confused as to why the focus on video games?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3628486;
    I'm sorry, but I'm not into video games. So, that's why I'm confused as to why the focus on video games?
    I would agree - I don't think the demographic of this show is into video games. I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628362;
    Perhaps their gift was that lovely home they have been living in these last few months. I saw a video of Jillian showing it and it's really lovely.

I think they've bent a lot of rules for Jillian but they have to keep to the party line when doing interviews because they are probably concessions they don't want to make just as a general rule.

And the switch for married with a year to a year to 18 months is probably because Jill and Ed don't want it televised and the contract says 2 years. It is most likely two years from when Jill signed her contract that she is free from that stipulation.
    Do you really think ABC would splurge like that, and not let it be known? or maybe the rumors that were going around that Ed got paid to come back are true ,and they bought this new home ( that you say they have been living in the past few months) with that money?

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3628373;
    I'll answer this, from a personal perspective. If the ex-gf is really going public, going to out her identity, I don't think she has ANY idea what she is in for. I say this from someone who is somewhat of a public figure and who gets written about - sometimes positively, sometimes not - in a variety of places online, and IMO, you either have the thick skin to deal with criticism from anonymous strangers or you DO NOT. I'm lucky in that I do, and I really don't care. But this gf, in my opinion - if she's unwilling to let this die down and wants to skewer ED, is fairly sensitive, fairly emotional, fairly fragile. (I'm not even offering this as a criticism; I'm saying it as an opinion of someone who is still furious over what appears to be a finished relationship.) For every person who is going to take her side, there is going to be another person who doesn't - who thinks less of her, who calls her names, who will make her feel worse than she does right now...and at what cost? So she can make Ed look bad publicly? It's a tricky, almost silly game that she's playing, IMO, and one in which she has a lot to lose. Her name will ALWAYS be out there, people will ALWAYS remember this about her. And I promise you, in a year from now, she won't really care about Ed and she may very well feel dumb that these are the private details that people know about her.

Whenever I am interviewed or tweet or put something out in the public domain, I am very, very careful only to include details that I am 100% okay with strangers knowing about me. (In fact, I almost didn't post THIS!) I think this gf would be wise to consider this - and would be wise to consider how much energy she wants to use up defending herself because, to be sure, she's going to be defending herself against some people. I really, really don't think she understands the complexity of what she's doing.

This has nothing to do with Jillian or Ed or whether or not I like them or don't. It's just some perspective from someone whose life is occasionally in the public view and what I'd tell her if she were my friend. And my point is: what's the price for her revenge? I'm not sure that she knows what that will be or understands if it will be worth it.
    I can certainly appreciate some of the points made in this post, but let's examine the other side of the coin for a moment. For every person who doesn't take her side - "who thinks less of her, who calls her names, who will make her feel worse than she does right now" - there will be one person who wholeheartedly applauds her courage for coming forward with the truth despite any negative ramifications she may have to deal with. IMO, if this girl is being honest, why should she care if people believe her or not? Why should she care if people think she is bitter or just a spurned ex with an ax to grind? If she is indeed telling the truth, she can rest easy in her decision to at least put the information out there. What others choose to think about said information is entirely up to them.

Closed Thread