Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

I noticed that they have updated the photo section showing the FRC and in the episode recap section they have photos with a recap of parts of the FRC. Strangely enough, the final recap is about Jillian accepting Ed's proposal, but the photo attached to it, the very last photo is Reid and Jillian walking hand in hand.

Still don't understand why they don't have a photo of the happy couple on the homepage.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3628340;
    Per bold. How? (other then we know she exists).
    I'll answer this, from a personal perspective. If the ex-gf is really going public, going to out her identity, I don't think she has ANY idea what she is in for. I say this from someone who is somewhat of a public figure and who gets written about - sometimes positively, sometimes not - in a variety of places online, and IMO, you either have the thick skin to deal with criticism from anonymous strangers or you DO NOT. I'm lucky in that I do, and I really don't care. But this gf, in my opinion - if she's unwilling to let this die down and wants to skewer ED, is fairly sensitive, fairly emotional, fairly fragile. (I'm not even offering this as a criticism; I'm saying it as an opinion of someone who is still furious over what appears to be a finished relationship.) For every person who is going to take her side, there is going to be another person who doesn't - who thinks less of her, who calls her names, who will make her feel worse than she does right now...and at what cost? So she can make Ed look bad publicly? It's a tricky, almost silly game that she's playing, IMO, and one in which she has a lot to lose. Her name will ALWAYS be out there, people will ALWAYS remember this about her. And I promise you, in a year from now, she won't really care about Ed and she may very well feel dumb that these are the private details that people know about her.

Whenever I am interviewed or tweet or put something out in the public domain, I am very, very careful only to include details that I am 100% okay with strangers knowing about me. (In fact, I almost didn't post THIS!) I think this gf would be wise to consider this - and would be wise to consider how much energy she wants to use up defending herself because, to be sure, she's going to be defending herself against some people. I really, really don't think she understands the complexity of what she's doing.

This has nothing to do with Jillian or Ed or whether or not I like them or don't. It's just some perspective from someone whose life is occasionally in the public view and what I'd tell her if she were my friend. And my point is: what's the price for her revenge? I'm not sure that she knows what that will be or understands if it will be worth it.
    Last edited by freelancergirl; 07-31-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628360;
    Which I really thought was a dig at the two of them more than anything else. Did any of the other couples get a prize? I think I remember Jesse and Deanna getting a trip to Greece for their honeymoon? But I thought that was because they announced a wedding date.
    I know that Merideth and Ian were given a trip to somewhere, as were Tessa and Andy were given a trip to Peru. I thought there was always a gift, but I can't remember other specifics. In PLo's season were they given a gift? I think that in Travis' season they were broken up by the ATFR or soon thereafter. I believe that

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3628373;
    I'll answer this, from a personal perspective. If the ex-gf is really going public, going to out her identity, I don't think she has ANY idea what she is in for. I say this from someone who is somewhat of a public figure and who gets written - sometimes positively, sometimes not - about in a variety of places online, and IMO, you either have the thick skin to deal with criticism from anonymous strangers or you DO NOT. I'm lucky in that I do, and I really don't care. But this gf, in my opinion - if she's unwilling to let this die down and wants to skewer ED, is fairly sensitive, fairly emotional, fairly fragile. (I'm not even offering this as a criticism; I'm saying it as an opinion of someone who is still furious over what appears to be a finished relationship.) For every person who is going to take her side, there is going to be another person who doesn't - who thinks less of her, who calls her names, who will make her feel worse than she does right now...and at what cost? So she can make Ed look bad publicly? It's a tricky, almost silly game that she's playing, IMO, at one in which she has a lot to lose. Her name will ALWAYS be out there, people will ALWAYS remember this about her. And I promise you, in a year from now, she won't really care about Ed and she may very well feel dumb that these are the private details that people know about her.

Whenever I am interviewed or tweet or put something out in the public domain, I am very, very careful only to include details that I am 100% okay with strangers knowing about me. (In fact, I almost didn't post THIS!) I think this gf would be wise to consider this - and would be wise to consider how much energy she wants to use up defending herself because, to be sure, she's going to be defending herself against some people. I really, really don't think she understands the complexity of what she's doing.

This has nothing to do with Jillian or Ed or whether or not I like them or don't. It's just some perspective from someone whose life is occasionally in the public view and what I'd tell her if she were my friend. And my point is: what's the price for her revenge? I'm not sure that she knows what that will be or understands if it will be worth it.
    Very good advice, freelancergirl. She's already lost the guy and in all big media stories the scorned woman never looks good. I've often said that if there was true evidence then it should just be released to the news and not just insinuated behind closed doors but if that happened then I think she would be the one that would suffer the most.

Nothing really to gain, and a whole lot of privacy and pride to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628362;
    Perhaps their gift was that lovely home they have been living in these last few months. I saw a video of Jillian showing it and it's really lovely.
    I think they've bent a lot of rules for Jillian but they have to keep to the party line when doing interviews because they are probably concessions they don't want to make just as a general rule.

And the switch for married with a year to a year to 18 months is probably because Jill and Ed don't want it televised and the contract says 2 years. It is most likely two years from when Jill signed her contract that she is free from that stipulation.
    Can you point me in the direction of the video? I'd like to see the house.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628386;
    I know that Merideth and Ian were given a trip to somewhere, as were Tessa and Andy were given a trip to Peru. I thought there was always a gift, but I can't remember other specifics. In PLo's season were they given a gift? I think that in Travis' season they were broken up by the ATFR or soon thereafter. I believe that
    This may be a really stupid thought - but maybe budget cuts? I mean, we sent Sasha off on the city bus, left Robbie off the train in the middle of nowhere and had Reid come back in a mini-van!! Didn't some of the other bachelors leave at the beginning of the season in a mini-van too? Just seems like there were some bizarre budget cuts this season and maybe the gift was another one. Maybe all the money was spent on going to Canada, Spain and Hawaii. Have their been any other seasons where there has been that much travel involved?

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3628227;
    I think the feeling is mutual. He also got worried when she was out 8 hours shopping. You can twist anything to make it what you want to hear. Obviously there are people on here that will NEVER be satisfied that they are happy and in love. They'll be walking down the aisle and some of you will still be saying "Ed just isn't into Jillian" "She's so thinking about Reid right now"
    For me , this has NOTHING to do with REID. and All to do with ED. I think Jillian is great, and deserves a great guy. I don't think Jillian has giving Reid a second thought, It's obvious that she is so mesmerized by Ed, (and whatever lines he is feeding her) that she probably can't see straight.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628351;
    I seriously wonder if that is just the default. If you click on the arrows, you can see each bachelor. And all of them now have a broken heart on it, except Ed who has the rose beneath his picture.
    In the past, they've always updated the homepage to reflect the winner -- a picture of the couple with the final rose, links to the finale pix, etc.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628402;
    This may be a really stupid thought - but maybe budget cuts? I mean, we sent Sasha off on the city bus, left Robbie off the train in the middle of nowhere and had Reid come back in a mini-van!! Didn't some of the other bachelors leave at the beginning of the season in a mini-van too? Just seems like there were some bizarre budget cuts this season and maybe the gift was another one. Maybe all the money was spent on going to Canada, Spain and Hawaii. Have their been any other seasons where there has been that much travel involved?
    They had the budget to update the homepage and the website in other ways, they just haven't bothered yet to update it to reflect the winner. They even gave Kip his broken heart...just nothing to refect Ed with Jillian. He is truly Mr. Invisible.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628402;
    The mini-van was most likely just to "show" that Reid made all the arrangements himself. All the disrepectful different things that tptb have employed this season and now the non-annoucement on the BACH'ette site? Who knows why a gift was not given, but I do believe that IF one had been given it would have been given on the show. Something's up and very different about tptb attitude this season toward the couple. It started with the strange and insulting edit and now this. We'll see.

Note: None of this has anything to do with the outcome of this couple. They will make it or not make it on the merits of the relationship, NOT by any publicity, etc. with a TINY amount of time it will be given in the media. If they're happy and end up married, good for them, if not they will join the vast heap of broken BACH "show-gagements".

Closed Thread