Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3628298;
    Even if that was the plan, I don't understand why they would have to pull everything and why would there not be at least a photo of the engaged couple at the Bachelorette site. Nothing, nada.
    I don't think the stuff being taken off the site should be discounted. But I don't necessarily think it means there is something sinister going on. Perhaps, with the new roll out of the site, they needed more bandwidth or something (sorry, I am completely computer illiterate). Or maybe they decided to move everything over to the new site and that will be one of the first parts of the new site fully up and running? I don't know - I just think that we shouldn't assume it is a bad omen. I also know, like others have mentioned here, that the site has not been that current this whole season. It really seems like that site is not given the same attention as some of the other parts of the full ABC site. Some even noted that the engagement ring didn't show up in the logo until 1/2 way through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628323;
    I don't think the stuff being taken off the site should be discounted. But I don't necessarily think it means there is something sinister going on. Perhaps, with the new roll out of the site, they needed more bandwidth or something (sorry, I am completely computer illiterate). Or maybe they decided to move everything over to the new site and that will be one of the first parts of the new site fully up and running? I don't know - I just think that we shouldn't assume it is a bad omen. I also know, like others have mentioned here, that the site has not been that current this whole season. It really seems like that site is not given the same attention as some of the other parts of the full ABC site. Some even noted that the engagement ring didn't show up in the logo until 1/2 way through the season.
    They've updated both the content on the Bachelorette homepage and within the site. They just haven't updated the homepage to reflect Ed's 'win.' The homepage still has Wes and his broken heart up there.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3628332;
    They've updated both the content on the Bachelorette homepage and within the site. They just haven't updated the homepage to reflect Ed's 'win.' The homepage still has Wes and his broken heart up there.
    I think that's what it is really. Probably just taking a while to upload - hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3627953;
    just logic, I think your version sounds closer to the truth than anything I have read. Based on what I have gathered and based on my own resources, Ed hasn't been in a serious relationship for atleast 6mos+ before the show. He has been involved with GF1 on/off for years without committment -- perhaps it was the thought that they would eventually end up together (the unspoken committment). GF2 is more of a wildcard for me and from what I gather, he may have dated her, no comittments but maybe he didn't close the relationship and/or left her hanging leaving her feeling jilted and angry. I also suspect it is GF2 that is out for her pound of flesh and in her quest to bring Ed down, she has foolishly brought attention to herself. What would she expect to accomplish at this point in time, Ed is an engaged man who has publically expressed his love for, and devotion to Jillian. That is her clue to "give it up"! I say this if she is indeed the impetus behind RS's big reveal next week -- unless RS is just blowing smoke which he very well could be.

Jillian and Ed are not immune to the gossip and I feel pretty certain that they have dealt with the GF-Gate issues and moved on -- I am basing this on the very strategic blogs and interviews provided by Jillian. Moreover, the two GF's apparently travel in the same social circle as Ed and it could be likely that Jillian will eventually meet them. I have heard that both GF's are very nice people so I am hoping for their own sake, they take the high road and let go. Let bygones, be bygones. Who knows once they meet Jilly, they may realize why Ed is so in love with her and they too will want to be her friend as well. Chitown has a new sweetheart in town!

JMO.
    Per bold. How? (other then we know she exists).

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628264;
    You can bet that taking down the video WAS NOT because of any scandal or upcoming embarrassing story. This season was a HUGE hit, especially at the end, it's getting more media attention than ever before and at the center they have a happy couple with a media savvy appealing woman and a successful man. Despite the controversy, if there is one, ABC will definitely capitalize on this in any way they can.

Definitely look for rebroadcast, or DVD release. No doubt.
    Why would they not have a picture of the happy couple up (as they ALWAYS do) when they DID take the time to put a link in to express an opinion of who she chose?
    WHY would they appear to be so UNsupportive of this couple? Jillian got him to propose and she accepted, they should be thrilled, but NOTHING?
    Have you been on the BACH ABC site? This not just non-promotion this is distancing themselves from the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3628332;
    I seriously wonder if that is just the default. If you click on the arrows, you can see each bachelor. And all of them now have a broken heart on it, except Ed who has the rose beneath his picture.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628081;
    Wow, are you saying there were no congrats to the happy couple sort of things??? That would be VERY VERY telling, imo.

I just went to the site and you're right WHOA, that is REALLY strange.
    No big sign whatsoever wishing the happy couple well.
    "Tell us what you think about Jillian's choice." by her picture linking the viewer to the ABC board.
    NOTHING with Ed's picture on it.
    You can click on Wes' picture.

This is very telling, imo.
    No Gift from ABC either. AT the least Jason & Molly got a "tent".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3628274;
    Exactly. And looking back at all of the seasons, I don't see anything particularly spectacular about this one - enough to think they could actually sell a dvd. And I'm not saying that it neccessarily would have anything to do with a scandal/Ed. I wonder if it has something to do with legal troubles - lawsuit? Wes?
    No, this was not a particularly spectacular or even romantic season. Odd. I personally would not watch a wedding; although I might be curious to see what kind of dress she would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3628353;
    Which I really thought was a dig at the two of them more than anything else. Did any of the other couples get a prize? I think I remember Jesse and Deanna getting a trip to Greece for their honeymoon? But I thought that was because they announced a wedding date.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3628353;
    Perhaps their gift was that lovely home they have been living in these last few months. I saw a video of Jillian showing it and it's really lovely.

I think they've bent a lot of rules for Jillian but they have to keep to the party line when doing interviews because they are probably concessions they don't want to make just as a general rule.

And the switch for married with a year to a year to 18 months is probably because Jill and Ed don't want it televised and the contract says 2 years. It is most likely two years from when Jill signed her contract that she is free from that stipulation.

Closed Thread