Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3628223;
    I just wanted to comment that in all of the seasons I've watched the Bach/Bachette they have never, never skipped having a photo of the final couple with some sort of congratulations. Why wouldn't they want to tout their "happy, in love couple"?? I was at the abc site immediately and have checked all week and there has been nothing about Jillian's final choice, final rose, nothing... Only the link to the message board. I don't think we can poo poo that away. It is very strange indeed.
    I think the producers/staff are all too busy out getting drunk and partying after winning their time slots over America's Got Talent and getting to run the Final Rose Ceremony 2 nights in a row. Somebody at the studio is very happy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3628235;
    If he's not actually bored with her, why does he appear to be? I'm willing to believe that he's not, but he looks like he is.
    I agree he looks bored with her. I don't think he's that into her at all, but is going along with the ride FOR NOW.

I give them 6 months, tops. Jillian's going to be spending A LOT of time by herself in a city she doesn't know and a city where she hardly knows anyone. ED's job will be his first priority. You just don't change guys like that. ED sounds like an investment banker to me....JOB comes first over anything else and you are their "beck and call".

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3628248;
    With the speculation of an upcoming story that would support the whole Ed girlfriendgate I again shake my head at how poorly handled this situation was from all sides. For whatever reason they decided to take the "bury your head in the sand" approach which has their butts in the air for a perfect bullseye. Yes I believe Jillian knows Ed's story. I believe she knew some of it before making her final choice. She knew some of it when she kept Ed over Reid at the F3 cut. I believe that did discuss the situation in the FS and that it was touched on at ATFR.

Why they would choose to sweep it under the rug and not address it outright so they could set the tone of the big reveal just baffles me. BY not addressing it and giving "their side" of the story first it has left them venerable to more gossip, rumors, and stories coming out. They had the perfect chance to whitewash the whole subject, show everyone that Jillian knew and had forgiven if there was anything to forgive, and the issue was settled. Instead they didn’t address it which has left them venerable to continued stories. Now the media will be allowed to set the tone, and knowing the media, it won’t be as pretty.

They can say it’s not anyone’s business all they want, but THEY are the ones that decided to sign up for their lives to be broadcast on national tv. They opened the door, and after the way things went down last season Jillian went into it full well knowing what a public lashing she could be setting herself up for. If you want your private life to stay private then you shouldn’t choose to live it on national tv (Hi, Mrs. Rosenthal---please tell Reid this!!!!!)

The thought has crossed my mind that maybe this was the plan all along. TPTB have learned that the more people talk about the show (good or bad) the more people tune in. After knowing that Jillian’s final choice was Ed they could have easily downplayed the whole girlfriend drama this season. But they played it up. They kept in her saying that it would have been rude if someone came with a girlfriend, and about how upset she was that RC. So much so that they totally cut Tori’s visit and meeting the guys. They had plenty of alternative film to show us. But they kept harping on the girlfriend subject.

The story that TPTB wanted to tell this season may have not ended with ATFR…
    I agree that it's quite possible that TPTB WANT there to be an ED/Jillian scandal. Scandal = press = ratings.

The only other idea I have is they are going to put the whole season on DVD, with tons of the deleted stuff,
    and sell it. That would could also explain pulling everything down before other people have a chance to copy it. Now that we are hearing the You Tube stuff is also disappearing.

I for one would be buy it.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-31-2009 at 01:36 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3628022;
    Sounds like it. When I read that they were looking for blondes in the Tennesse one, I thought perhaps they had too many brunettes already casted?
    You guys have probably already talked about this but I heard that the first 25 guys on Jillian's season had actually been hand-picked for Melissa to be the Bachelorette -reason why some were so young - and then when it turned out to be Jillian - they had to get a few more that were actually more suited to her and more mature. It was explained that way in an article I saw. So do you think this is the case? If I were producing the show, I would try and get the personality tests done to make sure there were some good matches. So if they did the personality match on the first 25 in terms of being good for Melissa, they wouldn't have been that great for Jillian. And in the end, both Ed and Reid were in that final 5 group that was brought in late and it seems to me they might have been closer to Jillian's personality type match. Just curious if anyone knows about this.

Does anyone think that is also a bit strange that at the exact same time that abc is pulling all of the videos, etc from the internet, Jillian said that she and Ed are not going to be in the limelight anymore. Just adds to the mystery of it all. Definitely not typical behavior of abc and their happy couple.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3628258;
    Does anyone think that is also a bit strange that at the exact same time that abc is pulling all of the videos, etc from the internet, Jillian said that she and Ed are not going to be in the limelight anymore. Just adds to the mystery of it all. Definitely not typical behavior of abc and their happy couple.
    I wasn't under the impression that they could decide for themselves whether they want their wedding televised or not. I thought that was contractual and that they were bound to that for 24 months out. I wish SDL would come back and clean that up for us?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJulie;3628249;
    I think the producers/staff are all too busy out getting drunk and partying after winning their time slots over America's Got Talent and getting to run the Final Rose Ceremony 2 nights in a row. Somebody at the studio is very happy.
    You can bet that taking down the video WAS NOT because of any scandal or upcoming embarrassing story. This season was a HUGE hit, especially at the end, it's getting more media attention than ever before and at the center they have a happy couple with a media savvy appealing woman and a successful man. Despite the controversy, if there is one, ABC will definitely capitalize on this in any way they can.

Definitely look for rebroadcast, or DVD release. No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJulie;3628257;
    You guys have probably already talked about this but I heard that the first 25 guys on Jillian's season had actually been hand-picked for Melissa to be the Bachelorette -reason why some were so young - and then when it turned out to be Jillian - they had to get a few more that were actually more suited to her and more mature. It was explained that way in an article I saw. So do you think this is the case? If I were producing the show, I would try and get the personality tests done to make sure there were some good matches. So if they did the personality match on the first 25 in terms of being good for Melissa, they wouldn't have been that great for Jillian. And in the end, both Ed and Reid were in that final 5 group that was brought in late and it seems to me they might have been closer to Jillian's personality type match. Just curious if anyone knows about this.
    Yes, this has been known and discussed here - earlier in the season. But, you raise an interesting point (at least for me), if they are already casting - who are they casting FOR?

If they put this season out on DVD, it will be the first time since Season 1 of the Bachelor that they have done it (at least that I remember - please correct me if I'm wrong).

Closed Thread