Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

  1. #1101
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3628103;
    People is going to do a 3 page article on Jillian and Ed. I really do think that ABC only has so much space and they had new shows they had to offer to put up to watch.
    Go check it out. Are you saying that they don't have room for a simple congratulatory message on that site? I'm not wishing this relationship ill, but go check it out. They're not making room, they're making a statement or some sort. Maybe they THINK something is going to happen and that fizzles, but it's not to make room.

  2. #1102
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3628106;
    I see Grassy Knoll Season is in full swing. Always an entertaining post-script each season.
    I don't usually stick around for the postmortem but it is rather interesting this season.
    Like looking at a trainwreck. Uncomfortable, but fascinating.

  3. #1103
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628120;
    I don't usually stick around for the postmortem but it is rather interesting this season.
    Like looking at a trainwreck. Uncomfortable, but fascinating.
    I agree with you about this postmortem this season. I don't care about any of these people, I just have been trying to put the pieces together. This is strange to me that ABC/Fleiss' minions would be treating this presumably happy loving couple this way.

  4. #1104
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3628103;
    People is going to do a 3 page article on Jillian and Ed. I really do think that ABC only has so much space and they had new shows they had to offer to put up to watch.
    I don't know about space but IMO it's more a time and energy thing. Like you or somebody already said it's not like they've been that great about updating the B'ette website all season anyway so IMO this is just an extension of that.

    Even if it's a reflection of production's feelings about J/Ed it could be more about production not liking him than them thinking the coupling is fake or doomed.

    If there's anything coming out next week about Ed then RS basically gave ABC and J/Ed a heads up and they've got plenty of time to try to find out what it is and give a preemptive response. If it's a tabloid story then I'm sure another weekly will be only too happy to carry the J/Ed side of the story. If there is a scandal it could actually make J/Ed bigger stars.

  5. #1105
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628109;
    Go check it out. Are you saying that they don't have room for a simple congratulatory message on that site? I'm not wishing this relationship ill, but go check it out. They're not making room, they're making a statement or some sort. Maybe they THINK something is going to happen and that fizzles, but it's not to make room.
    Its funny, one of the pages in the People article is just a blown up picture of Jill & Ed. Nothing close to that on the ABC board. I remember Deanna and Jesse's pic was up for a while.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  6. #1106
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628128;
    I agree with you about this postmortem this season. I don't care about any of these people, I just have been trying to put the pieces together. This is strange to me that ABC/Fleiss' minions would be treating this presumably happy loving couple this way.
    One thing I've learned from past seasons? Baseless rumors usually die well before the FRC.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  7. #1107
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    They already went to all the work of uploading the videoclips in the first place, they already expended the effort, so why take it down before even a week has passed especially given the happy couple is still out there doing promo for the show.

    If nothing else it does prove someone in ABC is not very bright. And no congratulatory message. Hmmm.

    So either whoever is in charge of that part of the site is new and needs to be fired or something is up.

    I sent an email but don't expect any answer.

    PS There is no chance that this show might be cancelled or there is a pending lawsuit perhaps. Just trying to think of other reasons to take something down so quickly when it makes no sense.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-31-2009 at 12:51 PM.

  8. #1108
    FORT Fan carolb57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628120;
    I don't usually stick around for the postmortem but it is rather interesting this season.
    Like looking at a trainwreck. Uncomfortable, but fascinating.
    Okay, so what's your guess for the duration of this relationship? One more month? Two? Three? Six?

  9. #1109
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3628187;
    Okay, so what's your guess for the duration of this relationship? One more month? Two? Three? Six?
    I wouldn't even begin to guess.

    I'd say the Ed rumors, the press about Jill and the other guys, plus Ed not seeming like a media whore kind of guy will kill the romance pretty quickly...
    or they make it through this initial crap and they live happily ever after.

    What do you think?

  10. #1110
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    "That which does not kill you can only make you stronger."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.