Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3628016;
    So there is a new girl on a local radio station that I listen to and she just said she was cast to be on the next Bachelor and had to turn it down to accept the radio gig, so I can assume that some of the ladies for next season have already been cast.
    Sounds like it. When I read that they were looking for blondes in the Tennesse one, I thought perhaps they had too many brunettes already casted?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3628022;
    Sounds like it. When I read that they were looking for blondes in the Tennesse one, I thought perhaps they had too many brunettes already casted?
    This girl is a brunette, so that would match your thinking! She seems pretty awesome and I actually think I know her from way back when so it would have been cool if she was on it!

I find it odd given that they've been pushing their online presence so hard in the media and advertising trades. It's hardly stale content if it's only 4 days old and supposedly is going to have a 3 page spread in the upcoming People which could attract some unique traffic to the site to watch the show.

I wonder if their sponsorship agreements expired at the close of the season and rather than give it away for free, they opted to turn off the episode viewing. Or, maybe they're having bandwidth issues and they are saving the space for their on air programming?

However, neither of the above explains taking down all the promotional collateral around the show as well as leaving a black box where video should be.

FORT Fanatic

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com - not sure if this will work or even suppose to put this here so please Mods apologizing in advance.

just saw this clip on cnn under popular news - it says "The shot: AC grills Jillian. It was funny - basically what was shown on R&K but with some discussion on AC 360.
    Last edited by atlMD; 07-31-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Oops! may have picked the wrong video -

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3628043;
    I find it odd given that they've been pushing their online presence so hard in the media and advertising trades. It's hardly stale content if it's only 4 days old and supposedly is going to have a 3 page spread in the upcoming People which could attract some unique traffic to the site to watch the show.

I wonder if their sponsorship agreements expired at the close of the season and rather than give it away for free, they opted to turn off the episode viewing. Or, maybe they're having bandwidth issues and they are saving the space for their on air programming?

However, neither of the above explains taking down all the promotional collateral around the show as well as leaving a black box where video should be.
    I basically think ABC is cheap and I also think that they have a horrible promotion department.

Quote Originally Posted by Holls;3627226;
    Certainly explains why there are NO photos of Jill and Ed on the b'ette page. and this ALWAYS happens. And they also took down the free episodes of the b'ette today.... no one else seems to think this is a big deal, but I do.
    Wow, are you saying there were no congrats to the happy couple sort of things??? That would be VERY VERY telling, imo.

I just went to the site and you're right WHOA, that is REALLY strange.
    No big sign whatsoever wishing the happy couple well.
    "Tell us what you think about Jillian's choice." by her picture linking the viewer to the ABC board.
    NOTHING with Ed's picture on it.
    You can click on Wes' picture.

This is very telling, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3627933;
    Maybe ABC removing everything from the site is due to the fact they do not want to be associated with the SHAM that is Ed... why promote it, when they know it!! Makes sense to me.
    That's one logical explanation. Honestly, IF the Jillian and Ed coupling is solid we KNOW they would promote it. WHY wouldn't they? Even a border over the top or something saying Julian chose Ed congratulations, but NOTHING of that sort. NOT good, Where is SDL?

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628087;
    That's one logical explanation. Honestly, IF the Jillian and Ed coupling is solid we KNOW they would promote it. WHY wouldn't they? Even a border over the top or something saying Julian chose Ed congratulations, but NOTHING of that sort. NOT good, Where is SDL?
    People is going to do a 3 page article on Jillian and Ed. I really do think that ABC only has so much space and they had new shows they had to offer to put up to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3628087;
    Someone earlier said they took down Andy/Tessa pretty soon too and that is probably the last time they thought they MIGHT have a winner.

Since the ratings were high, and they think ED/Jill might be the real deal, they could have taken them down so they can possible re-air them at a later date.
    If there is lots of online interest in them, they might feel that is an option.

Don't think ABC publicity/media care about rumors or the participants private affairs.

I see Grassy Knoll Season is in full swing. Always an entertaining post-script to each season.
    Last edited by jlccaz; 07-31-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Closed Thread