Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

[QUOTE=AndyLuvsTessa;3626050;]

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3626050;
    I don’t understand how Ed “robbed” Jillian of a chance to find REAL love. He didn’t make her do anything she didn’t want to do. She voluntarily chose him over two other men whom have “very deep” feelings for her. How is it even remotely romantic to think that if Ed was not in the picture, she’d choose one of the other guys instead? In other words, she’d go with second or third choice if her first choice was not available. To me, that’s not real love. Nor is romantic. It’s insurance. The truth of the matter is that she chose Ed over the other two guys. Ed is not interchangeable with Reid nor Kiptyn.
    For those whom claim she only wanted a ring and a sure bet, let me remind you Reid was rejected not once, but TWICE. The second time, he came back with a 100% guarantee in the form of a ring and a proposal. She still rejected him in spite of the fact she had absolutely no guarantees Ed would propose. She loves Ed so she turned down a sure thing with Reid to take a chance at an uncertain ending with Ed because, guess what? She loves Ed and only Ed.

Let me also point out that when Ed left, she took him back. This was at the beginning of the show, where the emotional entanglements were not as strong. That was telling. Contrast this with when Reid left and came back, she rejected him ring and all. This was at the end of the process where she had more time to know each of the three guys and fully assess where she was emotionally with each of them.

To your bolded...anytime someone is deceived, lied to...whatever dishonest way you want to state a deception , you have been lied to....and thus ROBBED of the chance of making an informed decision, as to the worth, truthfulness and the integrity of that person! You were had. That unfortunately is what I strongly feel has happened to Jilly...she has been taken in by a smooth talker, a master conman. They are very good at what they do. I know from personal experience that they can look and make it all sound so innocent, and make themselves like the victims, and all the while they are robbing you blind....whether your emotions, or your money. I fear she is in for the biggest shock of her life, and to think that this master at deception was able to CONvince this beautiful woman with a magical spirit and take her from 2 amazingly, wonderful, honourable men filled with love and integrity, who both treasured her and honoured her, is especially upsetting. Jilly's world is about to crash in around her, and this beautiful woman deserves a man who honours her...not deceives her. She deserves more than Ed the sleazy, lying cheat can offer. JMHO Thanks
    Karey

MTG

[QUOTE=KareyR2;3626644;]
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3626050;

To your bolded...anytime someone is deceived, lied to...whatever dishonest way you want to state a deception , you have been lied to....and thus ROBBED of the chance of making an informed decision, as to the worth, truthfulness and the integrity of that person! You were had. That unfortunately is what I strongly feel has happened to Jilly...she has been taken in by a smooth talker, a master conman. They are very good at what they do. I know from personal experience that they can look and make it all sound so innocent, and make themselves like the victims, and all the while they are robbing you blind....whether your emotions, or your money. I fear she is in for the biggest shock of her life, and to think that this master at deception was able to CONvince this beautiful woman with a magical spirit and take her from 2 amazingly, wonderful, honourable men filled with love and integrity, who both treasured her and honoured her, is especially upsetting. Jilly's world is about to crash in around her, and this beautiful woman deserves a man who honours her...not deceives her. She deserves more than Ed the sleazy, lying cheat can offer. JMHO Thanks
    Karey
    We don't know if she was robbed! He may have told her all about it. In one of her interviews before she even picked Ed as her F1 she stated that the night of the FS they had talked about gf's, work, etc. and that is was part of the stress. You are slamming a young man who IMO is totally in love with this woman and all because of rumors and with no proof that Jillian didn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3626443;
    Why is it not a thread for media? It's called "Media Thread - Jillian." It's why I'm here, looking for new interviews with her. What am I missing? I wish you would post about the ones you find.
    Here are a few of the better ones I've seen...

Bachelorette Jillian Talks About New Love on GDLA - FOX 11 News - myFOXla.com

'The Bachelorette's' Morning After - ABC News

Web Exclusive: The Bachelorette Dishes - ABC News

Extra Video Gallery

'Bachelorette' Jillian Harris: I Knew I Couldn't Let Ed Go at The Insider

link on side for Jill and Ed exclusive..
    Live with Regis and Kelly - Web Exclusives

Zao

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3626203;
    Jillian is in Chicago, she is at Ed's loft. She did an interview with myfoxla this morning that's up on their site. He was at a meeting during the call and at the end, one of the anchors told her to rifle through all his stuff and she said she has already done that. She said they don't want to do more appearances as a couple but live their life privately, and then she said an exception would be they'd love to do WipeOut.

She made it sound like she's already moving in, "why not, we're getting married."

She also talked about being out with Juan, Reid and Jesse the other night. She said she and Ed were by themselves at a bar called LuLu's when her girlfriends called and they showed up with Juan, Reid and Jesse.
    Thanks for sharing. It's getting hard to rife through the comments to get to the media pieces.

Great to hear Jillian/Ed want to live privately!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3625981;
    I know people have been using this as proof that Jill was never interested in Reid, but I would like to use an analogy to show a different perspective on this. What if you have 2 job offers, and the one you think you prefer will not offer you the salary you desire, while the other one does. You choose to take the higher offer and turn the other one down, and begin to make preparations to start this job, preparing for a move and whatnot, making an emotional investment in this new direction, getting very comfortable and excited about your decision and future. On the morning you are to begin employment, the declined job comes back at you with an offer of the desired salary; would you immediately change your mind when you had already committed to the other oppty? I know Jill hadn't yet told Ed yes, but in her mind she had committed to him, and switching gears at that point would have been an incredibly huge risk and taken mega guts for anyone to do. It wasn't a question of her heart just being torn, it would have required her to have had overwhelming feelings for Reid and minimal ones for Ed for her to feel comfortable backtracking at that point, which was not the case, as she had feelings for both.

Great analogy. Oddly enough, hubby was in the exact situation you described - incl. the 11th hour offer - but opted to stick with his decision. Has been second-guessing himself ever since.

I've seen a lot of those thanks to JU.

She's adorable and watching her beaming at Ed just makes me wish that much harder that he's going to love her and take care of her and give her everything she's hoping for in their relationship.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3626112;
    I think matters of the heart do not work like the example you gave of the two job offers. Things that involve romance are on a realm of their own.

Regardless, the example you provided isn’t wholly accurate because although she had reasons to believe Ed loves her and will propose, she had no guarantees he’d do anything that day – she was only going on hope and faith that things would turn out that way. She had a 100% guarantee from Reid when he showed up bearing a ring and got down on his knee. She made her decision to reject Reid’s offer, not knowing Ed will follow through. The example you provided has her choosing two guaranteed offers at the end, whereas in Jillian’s case, she only had one guaranteed offer at the point of Reid’s return. That’s why when she rejected Reid, she said Ed better not effing disappoint her. She took the leap of faith and followed her heart for Ed.
    IMHO it wasnt that big a leap - Ed had asked for her hand and her dad told Jilly. I have no doubt he was pretty clear during the LCD....

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3626123;
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Ed only denied that the reason he left the show was to take care of a girlfriend rather than work. I actually found it interesting that he didn't deny the girlfriend issue, just said that his employer will back him up that he had a work issue.

Edit: I found the quote
    The question and answer were about his leaving the show so technically Ed didn't deny having a gf. All he said is that ending a relationship with a gf is not the reason he left the show.

Maybe cause he had no intention of ending it LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3626190;
    But Reid was on his knees proposing at that point, not Ed. Reid's proof was tangible and real at that moment. Ed's wasn't. She didn't know for sure if Ed will follow through when she made the decision to reject Reid. If her feelings for Reid were stronger than her feelings for Ed, then the decision at that point would have been a no brainer. Instead, she choice to go with Ed even though she was uncertain of what will really happen.
    She would have had to be pretty clueless after having her father tell her about his discussion with Ed. There wasn't much for her to worry about after that. Even she said she woke up, knew she would be engaged, and knew to whom that would be.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3626277;
    It surprises me that posters think Reality Steve has some sort of personal stake in seeing Ed suffer. He's a reality blogger for goodness sake ... all he cares about is proving what a sham this show is and putting any scoop he comes across out there first. I doubt he feels the need to avenge Wes' edit or conspire with Jeremy to bring down the winner of a show he makes fun of. He gathers information and puts it out to the masses. I doubt it would make any difference if it were Reid or Kip with the alleged girlfriends - he'd still blog about it.

I think he likes to expose the hypocracy that he feels the show perpetuates ... man goes on show to find love. Yet, man allegedly has at least several "loves" at home and communicates with them while courting his newfound love. He's being saying this show is a fake for years. Why Jeremy is involved is beyond me.
    Reality Steve has been saying for weeks that Wes's edit was a sham. At some point, Jeremy who has known Wes since childhood and who well understands the editing process joined forces with RS to condemn the false editing of Wes. Add to that the producer on Dish of Salt who while interviewing Jillian stated that Wes had been edited badly.
    Now throw in sdl's opinion (paraphrased) that Wes had gotten a life sentence for jay-walking while Ed had gotten a ticket for murder ( or something like that)

My questions, though, have to be: Through the exposure of Ed's faults, will Wes's maligned edit be restructured?
    At this late date, will Jillian be saved from selecting the wrong person?
    Will vindication for the girlfriends be worth the price of public nakedness and lack of human dignity? At what cost retribution?
    Last edited by Bloomers; 07-30-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Closed Thread