Closed Thread
Page 10 of 210 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Zinnia - does CityTv feed into these statistics, or are they separate for Canada only? Because if over 7 million are watching in the U.S. alone, then Canada must be through the roof with all the publicity the show is receiving there. Can you imagine making out on a couch and a random thought flashes through your mind that more the 10 million people will be glued to your pucker? oh, my.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by dawnchubai;3491327;
    Breakfast Television Vancouver aired an exclusive interview with Jillian Harris this morning... check out the link for an intimate interview from her Penthouse when she was in Vancouver for the hometown dates! Riaz Meghji even have her a special gift!

go to Dawn Chubai's blog at Breakfasttelevision dot ca
    She sounded like she had teeth whitening trays in her mouth or something of that nature.
    Fun though

According to a blog interview with Sasha, Juan was immediately disliked by all the guys:

blogs.citytv (dot) com/bachelorette/?tag=bachelor

FORT Regular

Just a quick heads-up for those viewers in the Vancouver area: Larry and Willy on JACK-FM (96.9) will be interviewing Jillian at 8:45 Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3496251;
    Zinnia - does CityTv feed into these statistics, or are they separate for Canada only? Because if over 7 million are watching in the U.S. alone, then Canada must be through the roof with all the publicity the show is receiving there. Can you imagine making out on a couch and a random thought flashes through your mind that more the 10 million people will be glued to your pucker? oh, my.
    The TV ratings I post are US only, from ACNielsen. Other nations record their ratings differently. I haven't been following them.

The Bachelor/ette is seen in many countries, but some are on a delay of many months. The US, Canada, and some islands in the Caribbean get the show the same day. Singapore and the Philippines, for example, are typically over a year behind.

I found the Canadian ratings (English) for episode 3: 745,000 viewers on CityTV. 26th overall for the week June 1-7. Episode 2 was a little lower.

So Canada, with aboot 10% of the population of the US, has proportional ratings for the show. No huge local girl factor, but doing as well as on ABC.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

TV Ratings for The Bachelorette 5

Episode 5:
    6.6 million viewers and 2.4/7 in adults 18-49.
    Average of half-hour fast affiliate ratings.

The Bachelorette was #1 in first two of four half hours in both viewers and demo, and improved each half-hour. It beat it's reality competition I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here by about two million viewers again.

Lead out show Here Come The Newlyweds lost about three million viewers from The Bachelorette's last half-hour, it's worst yet. Despite that total collapse, ABC was second in viewers and in the demo for the night, all because of The Bachelorette.

Next week's episode 6 is unique, as it is another group dating episode. So it compares more to episode 5 than to the Home Town Dates, which usually are shown in episode 6. This season has been extended by a week. The Home Town Dates will be in two weeks.

Comparison to episode 4:
    7.16 million viewers and 2.4/7 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to episode 3:
    6.34 million viewers and 2.2/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to episode 2:
    6.01 million viewers and 2.1/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Premiere episode:
    8.94 million viewers and 3.0/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Bachelorette 4 (MeAnna) episode 5:
    6.94 million viewers and 2.5/7 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 13 (Jasson) episode 5:
    10.99 million viewers and 4.1/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 (Matt) episode 5:
    6.99 million viewers and 2.6/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 (Br@d) episode 5:
    9.2 million viewers and 3.4/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 (Andy) episode 5:
    9.47 million viewers and 3.6/10 in adults 18-49.

Wow, it went down in ratings?

Who is John Galt?

I didn't see the first two or three episodes because I was on vacation, and I never noticed her during Jason's time because I didn't see much of that either. Having said that, I am not impressed with her at all. Her personality is okay, but not special. Her looks are just above average (a 6 out of 10), but the guys who are this show are mostly between 8-10 on a looks scale. And, most of them seem pretty intelligent with nice personalities. In the real world, I doubt that most of these guys would look twice at Jillian. If she picks the right guy (and that is a big IF), she'll be pretty lucky, but I get the sense she likes the ones who present more of a challenge - Wes, Ed, maybe even Kiptyn. The other Bachelorettes have had a lot more to offer IMO. Trista was cute with a very outgoing personality and handled herself very well, #2 (forgot her name) was a tall pretty model, #3 Jen was a cute blonde with a great body, #4 Deanna had a very pretty face and was witty and assertive, #5 Jillian - I just can't see why she was chosen.

Thank you for the Canadian comparison, Zinnia. I noticed for episode 5 while the overall rating was down in comparison to the previous week, the demographic rating remained the same so either the teenagers or the grandmas are tuning out at this point in the show - LOL.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

TV Ratings for The Bachelorette 5

Episode 6:
    6.8 million viewers and 2.3/7 in adults 18-49.

This episode is unique in that it's the first time that episode 6 was not the HTDs (or the FDs for the first three Bachelorettes), but was more group dating. Episode 5 ratings make a better comparison because of that. Next week is the HTDs. Ratings typically improve once the group dating is over.

Once again The Bachelorette was #1 in first two of four half hours in both viewers and demo, and improved each half-hour. It beat it's reality competition I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here by two and a half million viewers.

Lead out show Here Come The Newlyweds lost over three million viewers from The Bachelorette's last half-hour. Despite that total collapse, ABC was second in viewers and won the night in the demo, all because of The Bachelorette.

Comparison to episode 5:
    6.6 million viewers and 2.4/7 in adults 18-49.
    Average of half-hour fast affiliate ratings.

Comparison to episode 4:
    7.16 million viewers and 2.4/7 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to episode 3:
    6.34 million viewers and 2.2/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to episode 2:
    6.01 million viewers and 2.1/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Premiere episode:
    8.94 million viewers and 3.0/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Bachelorette 4 (MeAnna) episode 5:
    6.94 million viewers and 2.5/7 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 13 (Jasson) episode 5:
    10.99 million viewers and 4.1/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 (Matt) episode 5:
    6.99 million viewers and 2.6/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 (Br@d) episode 5:
    9.2 million viewers and 3.4/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 (Andy) episode 5:
    9.47 million viewers and 3.6/10 in adults 18-49.

Arielflies, The Bachelorette is a top 10 show among women 18-34, so it's the older viewers and men that have tuned out Jillian.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 06-23-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Closed Thread