Page 35 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by black_tears;4020878;
    Honestly, at least she had the cajones to tell him before they had another date , and he got down on one knee. Sorry, but I can only respect her for her actions. Her decision, on the other hand....well, wouldn't be mine but hope she's happy.
    I agree 100%. I think she truly cared about Chris, just wasn't in love with him and wanted to give him the respect he deserved.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4020863;
    Yeah..Ali is an idiot and hope nothing good for her. Nothing.
    If I'm not mistaken, Chris is the one who got hurt, here. And yet he responded with complete dignity.

One of these 2 really great guys was going to get hurt. I think what Ali did showed far more class than letting the game play out. How humiliating it is for the guy who gets rejected.
    Remember how Deanna let Jason actually get down on one knee?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by summerfungirl09;4020877;
    Just from his parting words.
    That was 2 months ago at least and he hasn't accpeted yet. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Unless he gets the control that MF denied Reid and Kiptyn I hope he doesn't do it.

FORT Fogey

Chris said he needs to keep looking.

Pretty clear lead-in to his being The Bachelor, IMO!

She did the right thing not letting him pick a ring, propose, and turn him away. This was far kinder and showed she respected his feelings too much to let the farce continue.

Quote Originally Posted by amycaren;4020865;
    I really don't want to start an argument here, but just have to say that I don't think it's fair to come down so harshly on Ali for not saying 'all the right things' when letting Chris go. It's a tough situation, awkward and hard, and it's difficult to always be the most articulate and graceful person in that situation. We're also only seeing 2 minutes of their conversation and we don't know how it really played out. Give her some slack!
    I agree with you. It's difficult when you are "in the moment" to know exactly what to say and how to say it.

I think Chris is a great guy and if I were picking for me, I'd pick Chris. It seems that Ali thinks that Roberto is the right pick for her, and frankly, he seems like a stand-up guy. The bottom line is, two amazing men are left. She can only pick one. If the last 2 standing were Rated R Justin and Roberto, we'd all be cheering loudly for Roberto, I'm sure. The final picks this season are equally fantastic, in my opinion, but Ali needs to choose the man who is best for her, not the man who would be the best for me (or any of the rest of us.)

FORT Fanatic

Honestly, Chris is a 33 year old, mature, good man who has been through much more difficult things than his 6 week long girlfriend/ girl who was simultaneously dating a gaggle of guys breaking up with him. He's a good Mass. boy- salt of the earth with his head on straight. He represented himself and his family beyond well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4020893;
    If I'm not mistaken, Chris is the one who got hurt, here. And yet he responded with complete dignity.
    I've always said that they way a man/woman treats you at a break up says a lot about his/her character. Chris, well.... "I just want her to be happy"

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;4020894;
    One of these 2 really great guys was going to get hurt. I think what Ali did showed far more class than letting the game play out. How humiliating it is for the guy who gets rejected.
    Remember how Deanna let Jason actually get down on one knee?!!!!
    I agree this was 1000's times better. You can't help who the heart falls in love with.

It makes it easier for me since Roberto is a great guy as well. It would be tough choice.

She did the right thing and Chris recognized that.