Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,354 of 1354

Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022350;
    'Tis the challenge of all "Reality" TV. Nobody gets completely "caught up in the edit", but it is easy to be fooled, of course. Not even bothering next season.
    JBF please stay on the board next season!!!! You offered a lot of insight this time around. In hindsight the edit of Chris with all the rainbow flashes was simply a set up for the finale payoff of the actual rainbow which appeared when Chris needed it most to help him get over Ali's rejection. Even though his hopes were not realized Chris's genuineness in his quest for love offered the most realism this show has ever seen, sure am hoping he will agree to be the next bachelor. The viewers already know he is really looking for love and it would be great to watch someone with sincere intentions!!!! Here's hoping to debate with you next season.
    "Shakespeare In Love"

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;4022378;
    Even though his hopes were not realized Chris's genuineness in his quest for love offered the most realism this show has ever seen, sure am hoping he will agree to be the next bachelor. The viewers already know he is really looking for love and it would be great to watch someone with sincere intentions!!!! .
    In the interview he said when asked about being the next Bachelor, "I'd have to think about it long and hard." or something to that affect.

Isn't that what they ALL say before accepting? IMO, if you're not inclined in any way, it would be an "absolutely not." If there's consideration on his part already, I imagine he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993;4022318;
    Based on last night, Ali most definitely made the right choice for her. I really saw how connected she was with Roberto on his HTD, and that was definitely in evidence again last night. I think they make an absolutely beautiful couple and I wish them all the best. Several couples have mentioned that reading difficult things on the Internet has been a source of tension in their new, already difficult relationship. So, in all sincerity, as a total and completely smitten Chris fan, I can say that I smiled deeply when I saw this wonderful, tender love between Ali and Roberto. Please focus on it and run like the wind from Dancing with the Stars.

I also have to say that I think Chris was treated pretty poorly by Ali last night. I'll forgive her dismissal of him at his LCD. It was clunky and awkward, but in the height of all the emotion of the week (and coming straight from her walk of shame (hee!) from Roberto's bungalow) I don't know that anyone can expect much better. But at the AFRC? Girlfriend could have used some coaching. With Chris' question, it was clear to me that he was asking her if he meant anything. He was in pain, and he wanted to feel that that pain had value. She couldn't think of anything? She didn't have time to come up with things that he taught her, ways that he was meaningful? I could have come up with a list a mile long and my only relationship with him is through a freakin' TV screen for 20 minutes a week! It was simple things too, like not saying Roberto was perfect but was perfect for HER. If I was Chris, I would have gotten the feeling that she thought Roberto was the better man and not better for HER. We all say that we can't pick the one for the lead because it's based on what's right for him or her. She's smart enough to be able to articulate that, especially when she's got eight weeks to prepare for it. Finally, was it too much to ask for her to have a couple of regrets? I get that you're happy with where you ended up, but couldn't you have said, "I hate that people got hurt along the way. If I led anyone on because of the format of this show, I'm sorry." Is it too much to say, "I regret making such a scene over Frank. It was disrespectful to Chris and Roberto." She just seemed pleased as punch with herself, and that lack of ability to empathize I think could cause her some trouble.

Maybe she'll get better in the days to come. I did realize when watching it that we really don't get much of a chance to see what makes the lead particularly lovable. She never really has a chance to be nurturing or loving because she has to be so guarded with what she's feeling. I liked her much better during Jake's season! Meanwhile we have these great guys making professions of love, getting her soup, carrying her through the water, tucking her in. I believe Chris and Roberto were both tremendous men, and if they fell for Ali I'd say that's strong evidence that she's an amazing woman. I'll never say a bad word about either one of them. I guess that's because I'm a 38-year-old woman whose never been married, so clearly there's something damaged with me. And, I believe that my mother who died after a long battle with cancer a few years back sends me signals from heaven like the other delusionals who can't manage their grief.
    Oh my child... thank you for this post. First, what I bolded above, there is no way here on earth that you are damaged goods... I am so very very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Today marks 15 years that my soulmate, my other half left this world, and if you are damaged, then so am I. I awoke this morning to hear a song that meant the world to him and I playing on the radio. Coincidence? to me a message that I'm never without him...

You reiterated what I basically wrote last night following the show. There was no empathy from Ali in her dismissal of Chris, and that I felt we saw what we did trying to make it nice for her rather than caring about Chris. And although I gave her more credit for being grown up than she actually is, I was disappointed not to see some feelings there on her part. Like you, I could gloss over the LCD date, after all she was just coming from Roberto's room, but her actions or rather her inactions at the ATFR were pathetic.

Chris' question was valid and deserved her thought and consideration. I give him credit for coming up with it, I probably would have just wanted to flee if I were him, but it was a well thought out question. He wanted to know what kind of impact did he make in helping her grow in her quest to find love in the end... did he make any difference? I was hurt she could not come up with anything. As I said above, I should not have been shocked by her lack of answer, this is the same girl that stumbled when she was asked what made Chris different than the other guys she had dated... and she came up with some off the wall comment that never answered the question.

Now with all this said, I do agree looking at last night, and Ali's actions and reactions since the show, she made the best choice for her in Roberto. I only hope they continue to grow more in love, and find that emotional bond that will bond them for life. Time will tell for these two, and honestly I think the farther they get away from fame, the better chance they will have of making it work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;4022378;
    JBF please stay on the board next season!!!! You offered a lot of insight this time around.
    May I please second this request? IMO, you added much to this board in both the analysis and just-plain-good-writing categories.

After Brad's season when Bettina's hurt broke my heart I focused not so much on the individual people (actors?) but rather on the interactions of FoRTers, their sleuthing, thumb and burned candle analyses, sources, bon mots, and all the other good stuff that makes this board far more interesting than the show itself. (Just my opinion, everyone.) And besides, MF is NEVER going to change his evil ways!

So, JBF, I am hoping you will continue to post during the next go-round. Would miss you if you weren't here.