Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484124125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1354

Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

This was the best Bachelorette or Bachelor ever! Ali changing the rules will hopefully bring some much needed freedom in the format for others to feel their way. I am now looking forward to the next Bachelor. I am not in favor of Chris as the next candidate but I do like a familiar face. Perhaps someone from a previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022322;
    I can't believe that woman.
    I know. I know. Honestly. I wish she and Jake would hook up and run away to Zimbabwe together to live out a long and happy life away from me.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022322;
    I can't believe that woman.
    She's certainly entitled to tweet her opinions and hers wasn't the first typo I've ever seen but...yeah, strange, that one.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4022325;
    I know. I know. Honestly. I wish she and Jake would hook up and run away to Zimbabwe together to live out a long and happy life away from me.
    Yeah, after what she did to Jason? Please.

Plus, her first saying that Ali was going to pick no one, then too into Roberto, then too into Frank. The woman couldn't make up her mind and came off like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022270;
    ... and like I've said before, I'm happy for Roberto and Ali. The final speeches at the podium were cute and heartfelt. Maybe, they will succeed as a couple. Yet, it didn't dispose of the oily taste of this season.

All of my criticism is directed strictly at the editors. If I want "gotcha!", I will stick to a 3-D piranha movie. This was the season the producers were OBSESSED with their "cat & mouse" games to the point of manipulating the previews with sadistic passion. (And, yes, I was wrong... the MIA footage of Chris in many previews was for the EXACT SAME REASON Reid was often missing in his. Guess I learned a lesson with that one.) OK... a little mystery and suspense is fine and dandy, but in the long run, it doesn't do justice to the show or its participants.

May I suggest, not getting caught up in the edit but try to determine by what's real and not real. The edit sometimes is misleading.

Originally Posted by latergator
    They were able to take all of the f1 clues and point to the 'good guy' and convince some of us that "good guys do finish first"... and then they were able to say their Gotcha! I honestly feel "dirty" at what they did, and my part in extending their extra 10 mins of valuable watching time. For all those who put any weight into any thing I said about this show, I am deeply regretful for having taken part in it. I am not a negative person, I normally see the good in what ever deed is done, but in order to watch this show and try to figure things out, you have to adopt a negative attitude and leave your trust at the door.

I can recall during Jillian season, that you was trying to get people to understand and see Jillian and Ed's love. You wanted people to give them a chance. Now the tables is turned. Is Ali and Roberto any less than Jillian and Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022329;

Plus, her first saying that Ali was going to pick no one, then too into Roberto, then too into Frank. The woman couldn't make up her mind and came off like an idiot.
    Everyone is everyone's Graham!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

AliFedotowsky @Roberto_M_Jr We did it!

Ali tweeted (@) Roberto

When his twitter account was discovered, I'm so sorry I can't remember who found it, he had something like 25 followers. It was obvious not too many new about the account. After that tweet I'm sure it will climb, right now its at 1682!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022062;
    Well, it has been an "amazing journey" but have to confess that I'm officially done, done, done with this franchise.

I am happy Ali found love in Roberto. Again, it is shame we weren't allowed to see much of it, beyond all of the cute/hot talk. Perhaps it was HER wish to keep it all private. OK with that.

(snip)

The reason I watched this show was NOT to watch people crash and burn at the expense of the lead's troubled attempts to find an edited-out love. At least if you are going to show the tragedy, don't have it take up so many more minutes of the show at the expense of the post-"fire" happiness. Obviously, that is EXACTLY what they want. To psychologically abuse the viewers. At least with Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO, we had an impressive Bernard Herrman score as Kim Novak fell off the tower. This season it was all manipulated "proposal guitar riffs" lifted from Trista's season to titillate the sleuthers.

Yes, it is only a silly TV show. Just now, I'm finding other silly TV shows I'd rather watch instead.
    JBF I couldn't agree more (sorry, snipped for space). I am happy that Ali and Roberto found love, but from a TV viewer's perspective I wasn't able to enjoy it b/c my heart was breaking for Chris. Yes I know he's strong, he'll be fine, he'll move on and find his own true love (hopefully). I also know he signed up for it, yata, yata. That doesn't make the pain he felt/is feeling any less real, and it doesn't make it any easier to watch.

The editors/MF may not be able to prevent Chris from getting hurt, but they certainly could have helped by leaving some of the details and PI confessions out. The "God, I love you" was especially unnecessary. And they could have prevented the audience from getting hurt by showing us more of the Roberto and Ali story.

I think this season cured me of any illusions I had of seeing a love story in this show. I'll stick to books and movies for that from now on. I did enjoy talking with all of you though, so maybe I'll log on here and there to see how the future seasons are going. And it was absolutely wonderful to see Chris' beautiful spirit and his Mom's rainbow. That was by far the most genuinely sweet moment I've ever witnessed on this show.
    Love is the only reality... unless you're MF :nono

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022329;

We kept the outtakes from her season on our DVR for quite awhile. One of our favorite clips was where DeYawna used exceptionally poor grammar (much worse than what we usually hear). Somebody off-camera was trying to help her say what she wanted to say in a better way, but DeYawna kept saying it wrong. The exasperated off-camera person finally asked if she’d like some hay to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4022325;
    Then they could go on Survivor together and we could vote them both off the island.