Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Ali's sister and family as a unit. Raya seemed so level-headed and caring. They also (except the brother at times) seemed very at ease with the cameras. It was really a pleasure not to see another nutty family or wacko mom. Her mother and father, whom we know are divorced, didn't interact with each other, but there was no obvious tension. Mom, dad and sister each had a personality, they weren't caricatures and I thought their segments were among the most "real" of the show.

Did Ali ever mention her grandmother this season? I remember during her HTD with Jake, how important it was for Ali to take Jake through her house which still had her possessions even though she had died. Maybe it would have been too depressing, given the emphasis on Chris' mother, but I was still a little surprised she was never mentioned (that I recall.)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LynCEA;4022176;
    Am I the only one having trouble opening RS's website? Has he gone into hiding? Been dummied-up? In cahoots with TPTB? Hmmmmmmm.........
    Oh, never mind....it just opened ..... with his defense on being wrong ......

Doesn't matter - I'm glad he was wrong. I think Ali and Roberto will make it. He was one of her faves right from the start - she was intrigued with and mesmerized by him all along, although I thought she and Frank had a good connection, too.

All is as should be! I can't wait for their wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;4022206;
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Ali's sister and family as a unit. Raya seemed so level-headed and caring. They also (except the brother at times) seemed very at ease with the cameras. It was really a pleasure not to see another nutty family or wacko mom. Her mother and father, whom we know are divorced, didn't interact with each other, but there was no obvious tension. Mom, dad and sister each had a personality, they weren't caricatures and I thought their segments were among the most "real" of the show.

Did Ali ever mention her grandmother this season? I remember during her HTD with Jake, how important it was for Ali to take Jake through her house which still had her possessions even though she had died. Maybe it would have been too depressing, given the emphasis on Chris' mother, but I was still a little surprised she was never mentioned (that I recall.)
    the only time I recall her even saying anything about it was when she was at Chris' HTD and talking to his Dad. Ed said that Ali and Chris had that in common. Ali's response was something to the effect of oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022062;
    Well, it has been an "amazing journey" but have to confess that I'm officially done, done, done with this franchise.

I am happy Ali found love in Roberto. Again, it is shame we weren't allowed to see much of it, beyond all of the cute/hot talk. Perhaps it was HER wish to keep it all private. OK with that.

Unfortunately, this time when Chris Harrison decided to recap their journey, I just changed the channel. For me, to coin Ali's phrase: "It was a little too late". No doubt a lot of "missing" footage was shown... great. Hope Roberto fans finally got to see what ALL OF US were denied. Just should have seen more of it earlier. Now, I just don't care any more.

I did stick around to watch Jillian and Ed's Sevilla "walk of romance" on their ATFR and was partly satisfied that I saw the "connection" that the JED fans bellowed about. Yet, that season wasn't really about JED. It was about Reid's "leap of faith" that landed him many stories down onto hard pavement. On the plus side, Jillian told him he was not crazy and that she appreciated him coming back. This season, we had another "leap of faith" onto hard pavement. On the plus side, we got a rainbow and an ATFR that cleverly edited out the crying scenes (only keeping them as preview teasers).

Good. Everybody has "learned from their journey". We can all move on. Some of us viewers now prefer moving on and far away from this show.

I did campaign to see Reid be the next Bachelor, but ultimately was happy Jake took the role. After all, Jake was more of a walking refrigerator than Reid and better suited for the role. You need to be a bit cold and calculating to succeed at this; it is not for the vulnerable. Will not campaign for Chris in the role... or Kirk for that matter. Granted, the rumors are that he refused it and the other is supposedly "taken".

The reason I watched this show was NOT to watch people crash and burn at the expense of the lead's troubled attempts to find an edited-out love. At least if you are going to show the tragedy, don't have it take up so many more minutes of the show at the expense of the post-"fire" happiness. Obviously, that is EXACTLY what they want. To psychologically abuse the viewers. At least with Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO, we had an impressive Bernard Herrman score as Kim Novak fell off the tower. This season it was all manipulated "proposal guitar riffs" lifted from Trista's season to titillate the sleuthers.

Yes, it is only a silly TV show. Just now, I'm finding other silly TV shows I'd rather watch instead.
    If the producers knew early on that there was a love story developing between Roberto and Ali, then why did they need to make this season all about the drama of Justin and Frank? It has been noted by many on this board that Ali's so-called journey this year got lost in all the drama and shenanigans that were being perpetrated behind the scenes.

A lot of people do feel cheated that TPTB chose to hide the "love story" - which brings us back to the reality that Fleiss doesn't care about the love story. Drama sells, and if it isn't there, he will manufacture it.

So, JBF, I think that I will join you and refuse to watch anymore of Fleiss' productions. He is a disgusting human being. So, I say this to Chris Lambton. Don't agree to be the next Bachelor. Fleiss will use and abuse you. Look for your rainbow on your own terms. You are truly too good for this show.

And I say this to Ali and Roberto. Stay away from doing DWTS. If you want this relationship to last, make it your priority. At the end of the day no amount of money will make it worth it if in the end all the media glitz results in a failed relationship. You both say that family is the most important thing to the both of you. So, go and live a normal life away from the cameras.

FORT Regular

Do you really think they will do Dancing? I hope not, too..Roberto needs to get his agency going and she needs to find a job, so let's hope they settle in a normal life..

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4022211;
    If the producers knew early on that there was a love story developing between Roberto and Ali, then why did they need to make this season all about the drama of Justin and Frank? It has been noted by many on this board that Ali's so-called journey this year got lost in all the drama and shenanigans that were being perpetrated behind the scenes.

A lot of people do feel cheated that TPTB chose to hide the "love story" - which brings us back to the reality that Fleiss doesn't care about the love story. Drama sells, and if it isn't there, he will manufacture it.

So, JBF, I think that I will join you and refuse to watch anymore of Fleiss' productions. He is a disgusting human being. So, I say this to Chris Lambton. Don't agree to be the next Bachelor. Fleiss will use and abuse you. Look for your rainbow on your own terms. You are truly too good for this show.

And I say this to Ali and Roberto. Stay away from doing DWTS. If you want this relationship to last, make it your priority. At the end of the day no amount of money will make it worth it if in the end all the media glitz results in a failed relationship. You both say that family is the most important thing to the both of you. So, go and live a normal life away from the cameras.
    Good advice. I totally agree!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022187;
    Yeah, and looking at the RC pics, it was clear they (Ali/Roberto) were staring at each other.

Of course, the show had to cut some things in order to play the 'cat and mouse' game, or there would be no show. People want the drama.
    There you are! So, what did you think? Are you happy with the finale/ATFR?

@ Alanna...woman...you are cracking me up! I was trying to read through the hundreds of pages but, you've mostly had me in stitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie@this;4022218;
    There you are! So, what did you think? Are you happy with the finale/ATFR?

@ Alanna...woman...you are cracking me up! I was trying to read through the hundreds of pages but, you've mostly had me in stitches!
    Yeah, I finally got to enjoy a FRC!

FORT Fan

If what I read upthread (pure specualation, I believe) is true and A/R didn't take the "gifted" Catalina trip...so that they could just "go home" and be real...I admire that about them. Also, as much of a DWTS fan that I am, (in addition to being a 100% A/R fan) I don't think it's for them...this early. They need the "real-reality" time together, especially since they are already moving in together. DWTS would be much more pressure and more attention away from them being a "couple". JMO. Very happy with the finale and ATFR and JK! Very thankful for getting to actually see what I thought was there from the very beginning...I hope to see this couple go somewhere (literally) with their relationship and hopefully be a "Trista/Ryan" down the road... I'm just thrilled.

Still love CL, too, for the genuine person he truly appears to be...and wish him all the best! He sounds as if he's in a good place now and that makes me happy. Best F2 EVER!

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

There once was a beauty named Ali
    Who had the best-ever finale
    Roberto got his girl
    And IST her twirl
    We all want to go now to Bali
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.