Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4022140;
    I still can't help but wonder if things would have been differentf Frank would have stayed.....is it just another Deanna situation here where her F1 was really just a default guy... I know Roberto fans won't think he is, only natural, but the emotion she showed when Frank left was very extreme IMO if she was already in love with another guy.... just sayin'.....
    I love Chris and his story. His thoughts about family brought tears to my eyes. I feel like we were robbed though with Roberto and Ali's story. They seem so in love now but in the back of my mind the Frank thing wavers. I hope they don't do DWTS. For some reason I think that may cheapen their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4022140;
    I still can't help but wonder if things would have been different if Frank would have stayed.....is it just another Deanna situation here where her F1 was really just a default guy... I know Roberto fans won't think he is, only natural, but the emotion she showed when Frank left was very extreme IMO if she was already in love with another guy.... just sayin'.....
    I can't imagine Roberto being a default because of the things she's said in interviews about him/their relationship. How she never felt so loved and protected before, how she knows it's unconditional- she can mess up and he wouldn't leave her, etc. She's said Frank was her type, basically every ex she's ever had, so I'm sure she liked him because it's what she's used to but everything she's said post-show convinced me that whoever she ended up with really does treat her with nothing but love and concern. I was sure it's Chris so I was wrong obviously but the message she's sending is the same.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

interviews with both guys
    is GMA posted anywhere yet?
    Bachelorette‘s Roberto ‘Had a Sense’ Ali Would Pick HimAugust 3, 2010
    Roberto Martinez, the sexy South Carolina insurance agent who swept Ali Fedotowsky off her feet and proposed on the season finale, of The Bachelorette tells PEOPLE, “I had a sense it was me — sometimes just the way she’d look at me.” Now that the cat is out of the bag, Martinez, 26, talks about his friend Chris Lambton, starting a life with his fiancée in California and planning their upcoming nuptials. –Monica Rizzo

You’re engaged!
    I am engaged!

How are you feeling now that the finale has aired and you and Ali can go public?
    I just want to share with everybody. I’m engaged. I’m happy. I met this amazing woman. There was that start of not being able to live a normal life, which has been the last couple months.

Your proposal was really sweet and sincere. Were you nervous?It’s funny. I always thought I’d be so nervous when I was going to propose. Maybe it kind of shows it that way on the show, but I remember being so excited that day. I was so amped up to do it and start my life. There weren’t any nerves. It was just pure excitement.

How did you feel upon learning that you were the only guy left in Tahiti the day you proposed?Before she told me that, as soon as I walked up the steps I saw her smile and right then I knew this is the Ali I love and I know things are good.

You and Chris seemed to get along very well the entire time.Chris is a great guy. He’s got a lot of the same values I have. He’s close to his family like I am. We connected right away. I’ll be friends with Chris for a long time. We have a mutual respect for each other.

You’re very soft-spoken. Many times your dialogue appears on the screen with subtitles. Were you nervous with all the cameras?
    I’m a private person. I went into it knowing that I had to be careful what I said. Not so much because I care what people think about me. But I know how people can manipulate things and critique every word you say. The only thing I cared about was what [Ali] thought. Maybe it wasn’t the best thing for ratings because I’d whisper to her instead of saying things on camera.

It was clear you guys had chemistry from the start.
    Immediately, when I got out of the limo. I didn’t know what to expect going into this. As soon as I walked out of the limo and made eye contact with her it became very real in terms of emotions, wanting to get to know her. I knew there was something there right away.

And you got the first impression rose that very first night!
    Getting the first impression rose, I was shocked. I felt good about our conversation. I felt good about our time. But I’ve never been in a situation where I’m competing for one girl with 24 other guys. That first night, that was it for me. It was awesome.

Rumor has it you’re moving to San Diego.
    Yes. I went back to Charleston. Ali and I spoke a bit about what our future would look like and I think the best decision for us was, she loves California. I’ve always said I want her to be happy and I can be happy anywhere so I spoke with my company and found an office in San Diego.

Not to pressure you, but are you guys making any wedding plans?
    We don’t have a date set … Right now we’re ready to take this next step and start living a normal life. She’s going to move to San Diego.

What are you excited to do together once you’re settled in?
    We’re both outdoors people, so I think a mixture of stupid little things people take for granted like grocery shopping, going to the park, going to dinner, kissing in public. Just being able to be open about our relationship. Life is going to be good.
    The Bachelorette‘s Chris: Ali ‘Made the Right Choice’
    August 3, 2010
    As viewers witnessed on Monday night’s finale, Bachelorette‘s Ali Fedotowsky followed her heart and confessed to Chris Lambton she was “in love with somebody else,” sparing him the humiliation of asking for her hand in marriage. The mild-mannered Cape Cod, Mass., landscaper left Tahiti heartbroken, but not bitter. “She made the right choice for her and me as well,” Chris tells PEOPLE. “Everything happens for the right reason. That just means there’s someone out there even better for me.” Here’s what Chris had to say about Ali’s choice Roberto, love, friendship and the prospect of becoming the next Bachelor. –Monica Rizzo

How have you been since the finale wrapped?I’m back in Dennis and landscaping with my dad and my brother. I’m enjoying this whirlwind tour I’ve been on and trying to get back to reality from reality, I guess.

It was sad to watch Ali let you go. But at the same time, it was very thoughtful of her to spare you of going through the motions of proposing.I was blown away by how gracious she was doing that. If I had waited that whole night, got in my suit, picked out a ring and gone through all of that and gotten rejected the next day when she had her mind made up already … I think that shows what an amazing person Ali really is. I told her that right after she broke up with me. I said, “Thank you for doing it today, not having us go on a date.” If I had gone on a date with her I would have fallen more in love with her.

So no hard feelings with her or Roberto?Everyone is pitting Roberto against Chris and meanwhile the two of us are very good friends. We talk multiple times a week and I know the three of us will probably hang out a lot.

Are you dating anyone?No. I just hang out with my friends. It’s kind of good to clear your head for a couple months and not think about anything, you know?

You’ve got a lot of fans thanks to being on The Bachelorette.People come up to me and they have nothing but positive things to say to me. “We love you, you are our favorite the whole season.” I’m amazed by how many people watch the show. People from from six to 86 recognize me — guys, girls. I can’t believe how far this show goes. I went down to the beach for a swim with my brother and my Dad. I’m coming out of the water and all of a sudden like half the beach is surrounding me, taking pictures for like half an hour. My brother and father were laughing at me. I’m posing with babies and stuff. I’m not a celebrity and I cannot believe this is happening to me. It’s very surreal.

People really connected with you.I think it’s extremely sweet that people have connected with me. I get letters in the mail. I call some of the people back, I write some of the people back. People are blown away when I actually call them and say, “Hey, this is Chris. Thank you very much for the letter.” They go, “Oh my God, is it really you?” I love it!

Would you consider being the next Bachelor?It’s something that I’d have to think long and hard about. Just seeing myself on TV and talking about such personal things, it’s really hard to see that and have people know so much about me.

What would you like to say to all the people who’ve supported you this season?I just hope people realize there are really good guys out there. Don’t settle. Family comes first. Whether they’re married or looking to get married, always put family first. Put family ahead of work, put family ahead of money, put family ahead of everything and if more people did that then this would be a much better world. So many people say they have taken away the family values we have and how we just love each other.
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4022150;
    interviews with both guys
    is GMA posted anywhere yet?
    Thanks for posting but maybe bring them over to the main media thread too?
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Thanks Emusha, they are both just the best. How did this show ever find these two?

the media thread is locked isn't it?
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4022158;
    the media thread is locked isn't it?
    On the non-spoiler side. I already found the Chris interview and posted it but not Roberto's

I cannot wait to see them kiss in public and go grocery shopping. They're bringing out the voyeur in me.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4022161;
    On the non-spoiler side. I already found the Chris interview and posted it but not Roberto's

I cannot wait to see them kiss in public and go grocery shopping. They're bringing out the voyeur in me.
    What time is the conferece call today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4022162;
    What time is the conferece call today?
    No idea
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4022149;
    I can't imagine Roberto being a default because of the things she's said in interviews about him/their relationship. How she never felt so loved and protected before, how she knows it's unconditional- she can mess up and he wouldn't leave her, etc. She's said Frank was her type, basically every ex she's ever had, so I'm sure she liked him because it's what she's used to but everything she's said post-show convinced me that whoever she ended up with really does treat her with nothing but love and concern. I was sure it's Chris so I was wrong obviously but the message she's sending is the same.
    Ali has to say glowing things about Roberto, just like Deanna had to about Jesse, it's all part of the game, whether it's true or not. Now, I'm not saying that Roberto wouldn't have been her F1 if Frank would have stayed, and I'm sure as heck not saying that if she would have picked Frank they would have lived happily ever after, just like Deanna and Graham probably woudn';t have worked if he would have stayed, or that Jake and Ali would still be together if she hadn't left for work and he picked her.....what I am saying is that Ali was absolutely devastated when Frank left... more than she should have been if she'd already have fallen for Roberto, like she implies in her interviews. I'll always have my doubts and it's only something that time will reveal. Roberto is a great guy, but I don't see a true match here. I think it's going to be a hot romance followed by a cooling period and a mutual break up in about 6 months. I hope I'm wrong on this as I wish her the best, but I didn't see a meeting of the souls with them, just hot attraction
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club