Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

I thought it was the best finale. I really do. I could see the connection they had from the beginning & could tell it was more than just physical. They seem very happy together & hope they can make it work.

I respect Ali for letting Chris go before the LCDs. I don't know that there's ever the perfect words to tell someone that you're in love with someone else. It's a harsh reality, but Chris seems to understand. I'm sure he was hurt, he said he was, but he also said that you can't make yourself fall in love with someone. It's either there or it isn't. He thinks she picked a great guy & so do I.

Chris is much stronger than some are giving him credit. He's not the fragile little butterfly. He's a smart, strong man with a wonderful family. By all accounts, Chris is doing just fine. It appears he was doing fine as early as the airing of the M & G. He was watching with friends & glowing. Laughing with his friends & giving thumbs up or down for the guys coming out of the limo.

Chris has been through much worse than Ali letting him go & he got through that. I don't think Chris will be the new Bach, but he has a great life. I'm sure he wishes the same for Roberto & Ali.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Another funny tidbit...did anyone read Kim Kardashian's twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022125;
    Another funny tidbit...did anyone read Kim Kardashian's twitter?
    nope.... but don't just leave us hanging.. what did she say?...
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4022115;
    "She was only following orders." That scene was designed to give Chris a soft place to land, to prevent him appearing pathetic...the rainbow was an unexpected bonus!

My thoughts on the finale:

1. Could they possibly have given a broader hint than showing Ali and Roberto waking up in bed together? TMI, thank you very much.

2. They are cute together, I think they have potential. If they stay away from DWTS.

3. If it's even possible, Chris looks better than he did during the show. I don't see him doing TB.

4. Finally, the real story was very much shown this season. In that moment, nobody had ever loved Ali more than Chris when Chris said "Good luck tomorrow. Go see if he loves you." If you love something, set it free....and all that. "What might have been" may cross her mind from time to time over the course of her life.
    That broke my heart. Chris is one of the best men to ever be on this show, ever, ever, ever. He is truly remarkable and he truly loved Ali. But the truth is, she's not going to think about "what might have been" because last night showed that she's not going to regret any decision she made, regardless of what happens with Roberto. She loved Chris like a friend and he fell in romantic love with her all on his own. It sucks and was so painful to watch their MTP and then break-up but it's the nature of the show.

At least Ali wasn't conflicted, it seems, ever. She told us in every single interview that Roberto is the one, adores/loves her unconditionally, will never leave her, etc. It was just my choice not to listen. Now that I saw the finale, I realize it's been there all along.

Oh and Cape, Jed is still hanging out together per their Twitters. Good luck in life, Jillian, you need it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;4022124;
    I thought it was the best finale. I really do. I could see the connection they had from the beginning & could tell it was more than just physical. They seem very happy together & hope they can make it work.

I respect Ali for letting Chris go before the LCDs. I don't know that there's ever the perfect words to tell someone that you're in love with someone else. It's a harsh reality, but Chris seems to understand. I'm sure he was hurt, he said he was, but he also said that you can't make yourself fall in love with someone. It's either there or it isn't. He thinks she picked a great guy & so do I.

Chris is much stronger than some are giving him credit. He's not the fragile little butterfly. He's a smart, strong man with a wonderful family. By all accounts, Chris is doing just fine. It appears he was doing fine as early as the airing of the M & G. He was watching with friends & glowing. Laughing with his friends & giving thumbs up or down for the guys coming out of the limo.

Chris has been through much worse than Ali letting him go & he got through that. I don't think Chris will be the new Bach, but he has a great life. I'm sure he wishes the same for Roberto & Ali.
    There is a great interview with Chris on people. He said that he and Roberto are great friends and talks to him multiple times a week. He thinks the three of them will hang out a lot together. And yes, he wishes them the best. Sounds like everyone is happy and looking forward to the future.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4022129;
    There is a great interview with Chris on people. He said that he and Roberto are great friends and talks to him multiple times a week. He thinks the three of them will hang out a lot together. And yes, he wishes them the best. Sounds like everyone is happy and looking forward to the future.
    Thats great, once I took off my rose colored chris glasses and read Ali's blog it is so obvious how much she loves Roberto. Could someone put the Chris article in the media thread for us internet newbies?

I love these guys!!

You and Chris seemed to get along very well the entire time.Chris is a great guy. He’s got a lot of the same values I have. He’s close to his family like I am. We connected right away. I’ll be friends with Chris for a long time. We have a mutual respect for each other.

You’re very soft-spoken. Many times your dialogue appears on the screen with subtitles. Were you nervous with all the cameras?I’m a private person. I went into it knowing that I had to be careful what I said. Not so much because I care what people think about me. But I know how people can manipulate things and critique every word you say. The only thing I cared about was what [Ali] thought. Maybe it wasn’t the best thing for ratings because I’d whisper to her instead of saying things on camera.
    So no hard feelings with her or Roberto?Everyone is pitting Roberto against Chris and meanwhile the two of us are very good friends. We talk multiple times a week and I know the three of us will probably hang out a lot.
    What would you like to say to all the people who’ve supported you this season?
    I just hope people realize there are really good guys out there. Don’t settle. Family comes first. Whether they’re married or looking to get married, always put family first. Put family ahead of work, put family ahead of money, put family ahead of everything and if more people did that then this would be a much better world. So many people say they have taken away the family values we have and how we just love each other.
    Last edited by emusha; 08-03-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;4022135;
    Thats great, once I took off my rose colored chris glasses and read Ali's blog it is so obvious how much she loves Roberto. Could someone put the Chris article in the media thread for us internet newbies?
    I still can't help but wonder if things would have been different if Frank would have stayed.....is it just another Deanna situation here where her F1 was really just a default guy... I know Roberto fans won't think he is, only natural, but the emotion she showed when Frank left was very extreme IMO if she was already in love with another guy.... just sayin'.....
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fanatic

I thought it was a great finale. I was sorry to see Chris hurt, was deeply touched by the rainbow segment. But I can't help but also feel bad, for people who couldn't see, or wouldn't allow themselves to see, that Ali and Roberto had something special from the beginning. And I firmly believe that the reason more wasn't shown of them was because it was so obvious.

slightly cracked

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4022119;
    Well said JBF... again I say I know what edit showed this season, and as much as I know/knew better I was totally duped by MF. For many to stand back now and say that the way the show was edited was wrong is an understatement. I must applaud the editing team at MF enterprises for a job well done for pulling this rabbit out of their hat.

They were able to take all of the f1 clues and point to the 'good guy' and convince some of us that "good guys do finish first"... and then they were able to say their Gotcha! I honestly feel "dirty" at what they did, and my part in extending their extra 10 mins of valuable watching time. For all those who put any weight into any thing I said about this show, I am deeply regretful for having taken part in it. I am not a negative person, I normally see the good in what ever deed is done, but in order to watch this show and try to figure things out, you have to adopt a negative attitude and leave your trust at the door.

For the poster that glossed over the grieving process and found fault with Chris' journey on this show as a sympathy/poor pitiful me story... remind me to never call you if I'm on a ledge at the end of my rope... I can hear it all now from you... "you got yourself into to this, get yourself out!" I hope you never find you or one of your loved ones in dire straights... but if you do I hope that a person like Chris comes to your aid. The Chris' in this world will do what ever is needed of them... they will step up to the plate and do what is necessary at their own expense, they will never judge you or what you're going thru, but will be with you every step of the way, and will be there when the crisis is over. I pray that more of us take a page from Chris and put ourselves out there more for our friends and family.

I am reminded of a comment I made earlier on, before I was seeing what I thought was personal growth in Ali. She was "shocked" when Ed talked to her about the commonality of caring for a loved one at the time when they needed it most, at the end of their life... and the fact that she and Chris had done that and it was a huge statement as to their character. And she had this "huh?" look on her face and said, I never even thought of that. What I wrote was she may not have been the caregiver for her grandmother out of purely altruistic motives after all, that the care-giving may have been more of a "chore" for her, where for Chris it was an honor to do that for someone that he loved.

Well to sum up for me...
    I am disappointed that I was taken in by the edit and believed what MF was selling, even tho what he was selling was the truth of the edit. (not sure that will make sense later but... it's how I feel)

I gave Ali way more credit for being a responsible adult in regards to handling some of the rough parts that needed to be handled. I know again, editing is involved, but she is not quite as worldly as I gave her credit for, and this is not her fault, but mine for elevating her to that position.

I have throughly enjoyed my time here at the FORT with all of you, those whom I have agreed whole heartedly with and more importantly those whom I didn't... you opened my thought many times, although you might not realize that.

I am done with this show, and with most anything that MF has his hands on. I invested too much into this already, and there are more important things going on in this world. If I want to watch a "story", I will rent a movie, or turn on a daytime soap opera. This season proved to me there is way too much manipulation of the characters, the lead, and most importantly the viewers at all of our expense. Using someone's story of loss and grief to promote a show like this is deplorable, despicable and hurtful to some of us.
    I'm with you on this.
    I haven't watched since Ryan and Trista and wished I hadn't bothered this season.
    The cynic in me just can't help wondering whether letting Chris down easy before the LCD was more about softening him up to be the next Bachelor than sparing his feelings. :nono