Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;4022103;
    What was really interesting to me was when Ali's mom was talking to Roberto, and she started to cry when she told him what she saw in Ali regarding him. That was a HUGE clue that Roberto was F1, imo.
    I agree. I love them together. Chris is amazing too. I also really respect Ali for letting Chris go the way she did. It was better for him and her in the long run to end it there however she had to so he wouldn't have to propose on the final day and then her tell him no.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022062;
    Well, it has been an "amazing journey" but have to confess that I'm officially done, done, done with this franchise.

I am happy Ali found love in Roberto. Again, it is shame we weren't allowed to see much of it, beyond all of the cute/hot talk. Perhaps it was HER wish to keep it all private. OK with that.

Unfortunately, this time when Chris Harrison decided to recap their journey, I just changed the channel. For me, to coin Ali's phrase: "It was a little too late". No doubt a lot of "missing" footage was shown... great. Hope Roberto fans finally got to see what ALL OF US were denied. Just should have seen more of it earlier. Now, I just don't care any more.

I did stick around to watch Jillian and Ed's Sevilla "walk of romance" on their ATFR and was partly satisfied that I saw the "connection" that the JED fans bellowed about. Yet, that season wasn't really about JED. It was about Reid's "leap of faith" that landed him many stories down onto hard pavement. On the plus side, Jillian told him he was not crazy and that she appreciated him coming back. This season, we had another "leap of faith" onto hard pavement. On the plus side, we got a rainbow and an ATFR that cleverly edited out the crying scenes (only keeping them as preview teasers).

Good. Everybody has "learned from their journey". We can all move on. Some of us viewers now prefer moving on and far away from this show.

I did campaign to see Reid be the next Bachelor, but ultimately was happy Jake took the role. After all, Jake was more of a walking refrigerator than Reid and better suited for the role. You need to be a bit cold and calculating to succeed at this; it is not for the vulnerable. Will not campaign for Chris in the role... or Kirk for that matter. Granted, the rumors are that he refused it and the other is supposedly "taken".

The reason I watched this show was NOT to watch people crash and burn at the expense of the lead's troubled attempts to find an edited-out love. At least if you are going to show the tragedy, don't have it take up so many more minutes of the show at the expense of the post-"fire" happiness. Obviously, that is EXACTLY what they want. To psychologically abuse the viewers. At least with Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO, we had an impressive Bernard Herrman score as Kim Novak fell off the tower. This season it was all manipulated "proposal guitar riffs" lifted from Trista's season to titillate the sleuthers.

Yes, it is only a silly TV show. Just now, I'm finding other silly TV shows I'd rather watch instead.
    Jack Benny Fan -

BRAVA!!!

And what a way to give this some real perspective - and for those who continue to watch, a dose of healthy skepticism, especially post-show, would serve to help a few of us on here...

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;4022104;
    Any word on who the next Bachelor is? Usually they announce it by now, right?
    word is that they really want Chris. Upped the ante 3 times to get him. He said no thanks.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;4022104;
    Any word on who the next Bachelor is? Usually they announce it by now, right?
    They want it to be Chris, but I don't think they have convinced him yet.

They will prob announce the next bach toward the finale of DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;4021882;
    I agree with all that Ali and Roberto seem very much in love and exuberantly happy. I'm glad the spoilers were wrong.

But, watching them on the ATFR, I had flashbacks to Deanna coo-ing about Jesse and how he is the best man ever and the perfect one for her. And a few months later, she dumped him and has never had a nice word to say about him since (an understatement.) You can see it on you tube, "After the Final Rose w/Dee and Jesse" by petite6stix (I don't think we're allowed to post you tube links.)

Jason's FRC with Melissa was also filled with adoring looks of love and huge smiles. Same for Jake and Vienna.

It may be that many of us didn't see the "connection" or "love" between them until tonight for the same reason we saw it so clearly tonight -- the crafty editing.

So I'm not as convinced as the rest of you that Ali & Roberto will last any longer than say, Deanna and Jesse or Jake and Vienna. If they both get slots on DWTS, I think they'll stay together at least through that. I doubt Ali will be able to give up the limelight as easily as she thinks she can, and I don't think Roberto will be that into it. He seems really intent on starting his business in San Diego.

That said, if they have a chance anywhere, I think San Diego is perfect for them. It's got the beach and lots of outdoor activities, it's a new start for both, and it's a short flight to LA, for when Ali gets bored. Roberto is very shy -- she mentioned that again tonight during the MTP part, how he was less "shy" than she's ever seen him. The guys in the house said the same thing. I'm not sure he has the personality to hold her interest in the long-term.

As for Chris, he was almost too gentlemanly tonight. His shock at being let go seemed genuine, but his responses seemed as if he knew people would be judging them so he kept to the high road. Either that, or they edited out the not-so gracious responses to keep his edit perfect, in case he were to be the next Bachelor.

And how quickly Frank became a flash in the pan, an inconsequental member of the season. Chris H. even compared her feeling for him to her feelings for Justin. She cried her eyes out when Frank left, and yet tonight, we're expected to believe she knew it was Roberto all the time and he didn't mean that much to her.

I really do wish them the best, and I really did enjoy the finale, but I'm not buying into them lasting forever (or even to a marriage) yet.
    If I remember correctly, something on the same lines as the bolded comment was said about Kelly Ripa and Mark Consello(sp???). Mark is more quiet/reserve than Kelly, who is outgoing. The same can be said about Trista and Ryan. Ryan is the more quiet/reserve one and Trista is the outgoing one. So, I'm not follow your reasoning that Ali will get bored with Roberto. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;4021966;
    She may not have been devastated, but it's when you're least consumed with your own feelings that you should feel for others. And what's with "can I have a hug?" - shouldn't it be "can I give you a hug?

Ali did not decide to let Chris go as she walked up the steps to his room. She had time after her night with Roberto to make up her mind and have a skeleton of a speech prepared in her mind. Instead, it seemed like she just winged it. She seemed better prepared to give Kirk answers when she let him go than she did with Chris. She knew that Chris was not going to take the news well - that was the very reason why she wanted to do it at LCD, so why could she not have anticipated what to say to give him more peace and closure?

If Ali had something more substantial to tell Chris, the editors did her no favors by editing that scene to show her in the most unfavorable light. Yes, her decision to let Chris go at LCD was honorable, but in making such a decision, came responsibility and the grown up thing would have been to ease his pain and not have to seek out his grace to ease any guilt she may have felt. To be selfless would have been the most loving act and it's a lesson she has yet to learn.
    "She was only following orders." That scene was designed to give Chris a soft place to land, to prevent him appearing pathetic...the rainbow was an unexpected bonus!

My thoughts on the finale:

1. Could they possibly have given a broader hint than showing Ali and Roberto waking up in bed together? TMI, thank you very much.

2. They are cute together, I think they have potential. If they stay away from DWTS.

3. If it's even possible, Chris looks better than he did during the show. I don't see him doing TB.

4. Finally, the real story was very much shown this season. In that moment, nobody had ever loved Ali more than Chris when Chris said "Good luck tomorrow. Go see if he loves you." If you love something, set it free....and all that. "What might have been" may cross her mind from time to time over the course of her life.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4022098 View Post
    She just tweeted that she hopes Ali and Roberto don't get bad tabloid press. I'm sorry, has Roberto been sleeping with 2-3 or however many women post-show just like Eddie Boy? I have a feeling Ali's okay.

Jillian is one of my favorite leads ever (along with Trista and Ali) but her choices, still being with Ed? Just what is wrong with her??
    Didn't they break up? Now - I did see it with Jillian and Ed....but not with Roberto and Ali

Until last night! I respect that Ali let Chris go - I love him and I love that she didn't make him go any further once she was sure. I totally respect that she did that and then the rainbow - I was crying!

Roberto and Ali seem very happy and seem to be making the moves that the successful couples from the show do - moving in and starting their lives together. They are also one of the first couples to say we might get married next summer but maybe sooner!

I think the best thing they have going for them is that Ali never talked about loving any of the other guys or having a tough time making her decision. Roberto didn't have to listen to what every other F1 listened to about how right up until the morning of that they were unsure. I am sure that really helps his confidence in how he feels about her! Last night she even said that she knew early on but explored the other relationships to make sure. Every year I feel bad for the F1 having to listen to all that - and Roberto didn't have to and I think that will really be good for them!!

I wish them all the luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022111;
    They want it to be Chris, but I don't think they have convinced him yet.

They will prob announce the next bach toward the finale of DWTS.
    Chris has an article on people's website. He states that he would need to think long and hard about it, it really dosen't sound like he is going to do it .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022062;
    Well, it has been an "amazing journey" but have to confess that I'm officially done, done, done with this franchise.

I am happy Ali found love in Roberto. Again, it is shame we weren't allowed to see much of it, beyond all of the cute/hot talk. Perhaps it was HER wish to keep it all private. OK with that.

Unfortunately, this time when Chris Harrison decided to recap their journey, I just changed the channel. For me, to coin Ali's phrase: "It was a little too late". No doubt a lot of "missing" footage was shown... great. Hope Roberto fans finally got to see what ALL OF US were denied. Just should have seen more of it earlier. Now, I just don't care any more.

I did stick around to watch Jillian and Ed's Sevilla "walk of romance" on their ATFR and was partly satisfied that I saw the "connection" that the JED fans bellowed about. Yet, that season wasn't really about JED. It was about Reid's "leap of faith" that landed him many stories down onto hard pavement. On the plus side, Jillian told him he was not crazy and that she appreciated him coming back. This season, we had another "leap of faith" onto hard pavement. On the plus side, we got a rainbow and an ATFR that cleverly edited out the crying scenes (only keeping them as preview teasers).

Good. Everybody has "learned from their journey". We can all move on. Some of us viewers now prefer moving on and far away from this show.

I did campaign to see Reid be the next Bachelor, but ultimately was happy Jake took the role. After all, Jake was more of a walking refrigerator than Reid and better suited for the role. You need to be a bit cold and calculating to succeed at this; it is not for the vulnerable. Will not campaign for Chris in the role... or Kirk for that matter. Granted, the rumors are that he refused it and the other is supposedly "taken".

The reason I watched this show was NOT to watch people crash and burn at the expense of the lead's troubled attempts to find an edited-out love. At least if you are going to show the tragedy, don't have it take up so many more minutes of the show at the expense of the post-"fire" happiness. Obviously, that is EXACTLY what they want. To psychologically abuse the viewers. At least with Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO, we had an impressive Bernard Herrman score as Kim Novak fell off the tower. This season it was all manipulated "proposal guitar riffs" lifted from Trista's season to titillate the sleuthers.

Yes, it is only a silly TV show. Just now, I'm finding other silly TV shows I'd rather watch instead.
    Well said JBF... again I say I know what edit showed this season, and as much as I know/knew better I was totally duped by MF. For many to stand back now and say that the way the show was edited was wrong is an understatement. I must applaud the editing team at MF enterprises for a job well done for pulling this rabbit out of their hat.

They were able to take all of the f1 clues and point to the 'good guy' and convince some of us that "good guys do finish first"... and then they were able to say their Gotcha! I honestly feel "dirty" at what they did, and my part in extending their extra 10 mins of valuable watching time. For all those who put any weight into any thing I said about this show, I am deeply regretful for having taken part in it. I am not a negative person, I normally see the good in what ever deed is done, but in order to watch this show and try to figure things out, you have to adopt a negative attitude and leave your trust at the door.

For the poster that glossed over the grieving process and found fault with Chris' journey on this show as a sympathy/poor pitiful me story... remind me to never call you if I'm on a ledge at the end of my rope... I can hear it all now from you... "you got yourself into to this, get yourself out!" I hope you never find you or one of your loved ones in dire straights... but if you do I hope that a person like Chris comes to your aid. The Chris' in this world will do what ever is needed of them... they will step up to the plate and do what is necessary at their own expense, they will never judge you or what you're going thru, but will be with you every step of the way, and will be there when the crisis is over. I pray that more of us take a page from Chris and put ourselves out there more for our friends and family.

I am reminded of a comment I made earlier on, before I was seeing what I thought was personal growth in Ali. She was "shocked" when Ed talked to her about the commonality of caring for a loved one at the time when they needed it most, at the end of their life... and the fact that she and Chris had done that and it was a huge statement as to their character. And she had this "huh?" look on her face and said, I never even thought of that. What I wrote was she may not have been the caregiver for her grandmother out of purely altruistic motives after all, that the care-giving may have been more of a "chore" for her, where for Chris it was an honor to do that for someone that he loved.

Well to sum up for me...
    I am disappointed that I was taken in by the edit and believed what MF was selling, even tho what he was selling was the truth of the edit. (not sure that will make sense later but... it's how I feel)

I gave Ali way more credit for being a responsible adult in regards to handling some of the rough parts that needed to be handled. I know again, editing is involved, but she is not quite as worldly as I gave her credit for, and this is not her fault, but mine for elevating her to that position.

I have throughly enjoyed my time here at the FORT with all of you, those whom I have agreed whole heartedly with and more importantly those whom I didn't... you opened my thought many times, although you might not realize that.

I am done with this show, and with most anything that MF has his hands on. I invested too much into this already, and there are more important things going on in this world. If I want to watch a "story", I will rent a movie, or turn on a daytime soap opera. This season proved to me there is way too much manipulation of the characters, the lead, and most importantly the viewers at all of our expense. Using someone's story of loss and grief to promote a show like this is deplorable, despicable and hurtful to some of us.

Good luck to Ali & Roberto in their new life together. Best wishes to Chris in his journey to find his soulmate, he is a remarkable guy with such heart and deserves to find a woman who will love & cherish him as much as he loves her. Chris's edit with the rainbow flashes throughout the show finally made sense. The rainbow appearing just when he needed that reminder most from his mom that she is looking after him was truly astonishing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Shakespeare In Love"