Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4022060;
    .....Bottom line for me was RS was wrong and so now we can go back to our old way of sleuthing and what he says won't be gospel around here anymore .... and I couldn't be happier about that ......
    . Amen to that. His Royal Pompous-ity finally received his due.

At the same time, I can't help feeling sorry about the guy - it's bad enough to get outwitted, but to let a weasel like MF do that must feel ugly. It is now pretty obvious that he was intentionally fed false info (if it had been a true source and a legitimate mistake, there was no way RS would claim 100 pct that Ali was with no-one - he would cover his a.. on that).

It is also abundantly clear that the source to RS all along was indeed MF. This was something I always believed but this now proves it! Why - because if it was really an independent source, MF would have already fired him/her and RS would be "interviewing them (don't get any ideas now - too late! ).

MF obviously felt RS was useful to "promote" TB until he "outgrew" his shoes, and then "used" him one last time.

So what should we make of RS spoilers next season? Clearly he will try to redeem himself, claim that 99 pct of his info is correct. IMHO, the concern is that he is now "tainted goods", willingly or unwillingly a mouthpiece for MF. While I have no doubt that he will have some accurate info, who is to know where he would lead us astray?!

Overall this contributes to a nice ending to the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4022062;
    Well, it has been an "amazing journey" but have to confess that I'm officially done, done, done with this franchise.

I am happy Ali found love in Roberto. Again, it is shame we weren't allowed to see much of it, beyond all of the cute/hot talk. Perhaps it was HER wish to keep it all private. OK with that.

Unfortunately, this time when Chris Harrison decided to recap their journey, I just changed the channel. For me, to coin Ali's phrase: "It was a little too late". No doubt a lot of "missing" footage was shown... great. Hope Roberto fans finally got to see what ALL OF US were denied. Just should have seen more of it earlier. Now, I just don't care any more.

I did stick around to watch Jillian and Ed's Sevilla "walk of romance" on their ATFR and was partly satisfied that I saw the "connection" that the JED fans bellowed about. Yet, that season wasn't really about JED. It was about Reid's "leap of faith" that landed him many stories down onto hard pavement. On the plus side, Jillian told him he was not crazy and that she appreciated him coming back. This season, we had another "leap of faith" onto hard pavement. On the plus side, we got a rainbow and an ATFR that cleverly edited out the crying scenes (only keeping them as preview teasers).

Good. Everybody has "learned from their journey". We can all move on. Some of us viewers now prefer moving on and far away from this show.

I did campaign to see Reid be the next Bachelor, but ultimately was happy Jake took the role. After all, Jake was more of a walking refrigerator than Reid and better suited for the role. You need to be a bit cold and calculating to succeed at this; it is not for the vulnerable. Will not campaign for Chris in the role... or Kirk for that matter. Granted, the rumors are that he refused it and the other is supposedly "taken".

The reason I watched this show was NOT to watch people crash and burn at the expense of the lead's troubled attempts to find an edited-out love. At least if you are going to show the tragedy, don't have it take up so many more minutes of the show at the expense of the post-"fire" happiness. Obviously, that is EXACTLY what they want. To psychologically abuse the viewers. At least with Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO, we had an impressive Bernard Herrman score as Kim Novak fell off the tower. This season it was all manipulated "proposal guitar riffs" lifted from Trista's season to titillate the sleuthers.

Yes, it is only a silly TV show. Just now, I'm finding other silly TV shows I'd rather watch instead.
    They really seem a cute couple. I expected to be hit up side their head with the end of the show montage. It flashed by really quickly but I really did not see anything new. Someone said up thread about all their chemistry being so great they had to cut it out. Well at the end seems all the old scences were shown.

It's been fun to be able to THINK about the ending, and to have reason to not take any spoiler at face value. And last night, for two hours, I think they stopped trying to pull the wool over our eyes and gave us what we wanted - to see two people crazy in love.

I do happen to think we had a few spoilers that were right by coincidence, but that's just the skeptic in me. I can't help but question freebies
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4022084;
    Ali said that Roberto and her had a steamy time at the lagoon, but it was cut.

Did you guys see the deleted scene from their LCD? Too funny.
    I loved that scene - roberto does make her laugh! he's so playful with her

I loved her last blog and it was sweet of her to acknowledge the other relationships and the way she talked about chris! and she really does sound so in love and the mention of her mom tearing up watching roberto with the sis/bro
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4021500;
    Natalie and Jillian were having fun arguing over who got Chris on Natalie's FB earlier tonight! lol
    Now Chris and Jillian would be awesome....my favorite bachelor and bachelorette together!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldluvsbama;4022092;
    Now Chris and Jillian would be awesome....my favorite bachelor and bachelorette together!!!!!!!
    She just tweeted that she hopes Ali and Roberto don't get bad tabloid press. I'm sorry, has Roberto been sleeping with 2-3 or however many women post-show just like Eddie Boy? I have a feeling Ali's okay.

Jillian is one of my favorite leads ever (along with Trista and Ali) but her choices, still being with Ed? Just what is wrong with her??
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;4022086;
    . Amen to that. His Royal Pompous-ity finally received his due.

At the same time, I can't help feeling sorry about the guy - it's bad enough to get outwitted, but to let a weasel like MF do that must feel ugly. It is now pretty obvious that he was intentionally fed false info (if it had been a true source and a legitimate mistake, there was no way RS would claim 100 pct that Ali was with no-one - he would cover his a.. on that).

It is also abundantly clear that the source to RS all along was indeed MF. This was something I always believed but this now proves it! Why - because if it was really an independent source, MF would have already fired him/her and RS would be "interviewing them (don't get any ideas now - too late! ).

MF obviously felt RS was useful to "promote" TB until he "outgrew" his shoes, and then "used" him one last time.

So what should we make of RS spoilers next season? Clearly he will try to redeem himself, claim that 99 pct of his info is correct. IMHO, the concern is that he is now "tainted goods", willingly or unwillingly a mouthpiece for MF. While I have no doubt that he will have some accurate info, who is to know where he would lead us astray?!

Overall this contributes to a nice ending to the season!
    I'm just happy that the every conversation next season won't be peppered with "but RS said" anymore

I do love spoilers and finding out who the F2 guys are... and I know there will always be people who come on here that do know the truth... BUT I like it when there is that shred of doubt so that sleuthing is still the main priority around here to either prove or disprove "sources".
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;4022048;
    After sleeping on it, I will say I do think of all the couples since Trista and Ryan I think if any could make it to the altar it will be these two. Now that I have put the positive spin on it, I still think it may not happen. It is even more obvious today (GMA interview, Cameron said Ali stated that it never got past friendship with Chris) that thay had "it" from the start. What I did not understand again last night, was the line from Ali about Frank and closure and understanding how he could be getting engaged one day to her and then it was be to someone else. Still, she has moved on and gotten engaged. From a mature standpoint, the one red flag I see is her need to "love me, even if I do something wrong" that is a deeply rooted insecurity (of course assuming that it is not a Fleiss line) and I beleive it could find its way into the relationship in other manifestations.

All in all, happy together to Chris and Ali and DON"T DO IT Chris.!!!
    I meant Roberto and couldn't edit it.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4021741;
    Their LCD was one of the best! Did you notice Ali started to get really worried when Roberto was trying to tell her that he loved her? It was cute! I loved how she said her heart was about to burst as well.

Did ya'll see during the montage, the scene with Ali and Roberto in the FD bed? At that point Ali said that when she woke up next to Rob in the morning or something like that, she knew she was falling in love with him.

Sweet moments between these two on that LCD! Ali almost cried when she opened Rob's gift and read what he put on it.
    What was really interesting to me was when Ali's mom was talking to Roberto, and she started to cry when she told him what she saw in Ali regarding him. That was a HUGE clue that Roberto was F1, imo.

Any word on who the next Bachelor is? Usually they announce it by now, right?