Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

I was away for Canadian long weekend so wasn't on board since Thurs - so missed what was discussed on weekend but from what I can gather, there was nothing concrete about how last night was going to play out. Bottom line for me was RS was wrong and so now we can go back to our old way of sleuthing and what he says won't be gospel around here anymore .... and I couldn't be happier about that

I felt so bad for Chris, that was tough on him... but what a class act!! I thought Ali handled the situation with class too by no leading him on any further once she knew for sure that Roberto was the guy for her. Will they last? don't know but I think they both have sincere intentions and I'm happy for them. Ali made a good choice for her. I enjoyed watching the FRC and the ATFR but not with any great emotion, not the way I would have if she would have chosen Chris, that would have been MY perfect ending, after all, that's why I watch the show in the first place.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fanatic

Well, it has been an "amazing journey" but have to confess that I'm officially done, done, done with this franchise.

I am happy Ali found love in Roberto. Again, it is shame we weren't allowed to see much of it, beyond all of the cute/hot talk. Perhaps it was HER wish to keep it all private. OK with that.

Unfortunately, this time when Chris Harrison decided to recap their journey, I just changed the channel. For me, to coin Ali's phrase: "It was a little too late". No doubt a lot of "missing" footage was shown... great. Hope Roberto fans finally got to see what ALL OF US were denied. Just should have seen more of it earlier. Now, I just don't care any more.

I did stick around to watch Jillian and Ed's Sevilla "walk of romance" on their ATFR and was partly satisfied that I saw the "connection" that the JED fans bellowed about. Yet, that season wasn't really about JED. It was about Reid's "leap of faith" that landed him many stories down onto hard pavement. On the plus side, Jillian told him he was not crazy and that she appreciated him coming back. This season, we had another "leap of faith" onto hard pavement. On the plus side, we got a rainbow and an ATFR that cleverly edited out the crying scenes (only keeping them as preview teasers).

Good. Everybody has "learned from their journey". We can all move on. Some of us viewers now prefer moving on and far away from this show.

I did campaign to see Reid be the next Bachelor, but ultimately was happy Jake took the role. After all, Jake was more of a walking refrigerator than Reid and better suited for the role. You need to be a bit cold and calculating to succeed at this; it is not for the vulnerable. Will not campaign for Chris in the role... or Kirk for that matter. Granted, the rumors are that he refused it and the other is supposedly "taken".

The reason I watched this show was NOT to watch people crash and burn at the expense of the lead's troubled attempts to find an edited-out love. At least if you are going to show the tragedy, don't have it take up so many more minutes of the show at the expense of the post-"fire" happiness. Obviously, that is EXACTLY what they want. To psychologically abuse the viewers. At least with Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO, we had an impressive Bernard Herrman score as Kim Novak fell off the tower. This season it was all manipulated "proposal guitar riffs" lifted from Trista's season to titillate the sleuthers.

Yes, it is only a silly TV show. Just now, I'm finding other silly TV shows I'd rather watch instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;4022032;
    Okay, you guys know I was a Chris fan (still am!) but oh my, I just love Roberto & Ali together. What a beautiful couple, who is so in love! Roberto is infatuated with her....and well, the same goes for her! They both have this admirable, deep attraction for each other. I don't think we got to see Roberto's side of the attraction to her too much...but I did see it at the FRC and ATFR. He wants to get married in the Spring and said, "I just want her to know that I want to marry her. Beyond the glitz & glamour, I love this woman!" Wow, truly an amazing man! She realllly, really is a lucky woman to have 2 wonderful guys to choose from...

I honestly think this is a lasting relationship....and that they will get married. I only ever felt that way with Trista/Ryan!

Well said 1blue1pink! I see Alberto has a couple genuinely in love who will have a lasting and loving relationship together. Ali found her handsome prince!

I adore Chris too and am totally impressed by his noble reaction to Ali letting him go at the LCD. Chris is a class act and deserving of a wonderful women in his life, no doubt he will find her. His mom was truly looking after him when the rainbow appeared and I am glad he was comforted by that fact. As he has been quoted saying about the ending . . . don't be sad, you will understand. Yes, I understand and definitely believe in rainbows!

This was the best season finale!

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;4022052;
    I don't believe for a second that Ali only felt friendship for Chris! Come one poeple - just look at the man! As for Roberto - something still doesn't ring true to me - I give them 6 months.
    We all see things through such different eyes. To me, Chris seems like such a nice guy and a nice looking one too, but not over-top-handsome. Roberto's Latin-good-looks are more appealing to me.

.....but my eyes (or any viewer's eyes) didn't count. It's what Ali saw when she looked at these men that was important. She gave us clues to who had captured her eye from the start. Now we know it was more than just his good looks, it was everything. (when you meet the one for you, you just know)

It's good we all aren't fighting for the same guy. What one sees as manly, sexy and handsome, another misses.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4021916;
    I am too. I like what JK said tonight about Roberto only one getting that tongue.
    Pbmax....I so agree with you I was glad she confirmed what all us Ali-Robertito fans already knew....
    I loved the Kimmel show, we truly get to see Roberto's sense of humor, I hate TPTB cut so much of his personality out during the season.

She also said on GMA this morning htat her and Chris relationship never really got past the friendship stage..

Quote Originally Posted by ladeedi12;4022071;
    Pbmax....I so agree with you I was glad she confirmed what all us Ali-Robertito fans already knew....
    I loved the Kimmel show, we truly get to see Roberto's sense of humor, I hate TPTB cut so much of his personality out during the season.

She also said on GMA this morning htat her and Chris relationship never really got past the friendship stage..
    The first thing I have to say is WOW - we finally got to see a real, true love story! MF, you ROCK!!!! Ali and both of the final guys seem to be genuine, nice, standup people who were all given a classy, real edit!!! My question to you is, can you do this again???? LOVED THIS SEASON!!!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;4021966;
    She may not have been devastated, but it's when you're least consumed with your own feelings that you should feel for others. And what's with "can I have a hug?" - shouldn't it be "can I give you a hug?

Ali did not decide to let Chris go as she walked up the steps to his room. She had time after her night with Roberto to make up her mind and have a skeleton of a speech prepared in her mind. Instead, it seemed like she just winged it. She seemed better prepared to give Kirk answers when she let him go than she did with Chris. She knew that Chris was not going to take the news well - that was the very reason why she wanted to do it at LCD, so why could she not have anticipated what to say to give him more peace and closure?

If Ali had something more substantial to tell Chris, the editors did her no favors by editing that scene to show her in the most unfavorable light. Yes, her decision to let Chris go at LCD was honorable, but in making such a decision, came responsibility and the grown up thing would have been to ease his pain and not have to seek out his grace to ease any guilt she may have felt. To be selfless would have been the most loving act and it's a lesson she has yet to learn.
    It was very cold the way she let Chris go give me a hug, hang in there....wth after he had been pooring his heart out to her , imo she has no right to say anything about Frank because he had alot more heart into dumbing her than the way she handled Chris and she calls Frank self serving ha! and if thats the best seen for her letting him go then thats just really sad, sad, sad.
    And on the preview for aftr they showed where Chris confronted her about the outcome and she got all defensive so I think Chris had confronted her more on the show last night but then decided to do their editing, it may have upset us even more...
    And I'm not saying A/R aren't happy or in love or whatever its still the heated passion stage but I just wish ABC would do things more to the reality of what is going on and not just set them up to fall...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE! That was the best finale ever. They are absolutely adorable. And genuinely seem to be the real deal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them as a couple!!! And really hope they last. *girly sigh*

To the Point

I'm not, by any stretch, a Bachelor/ette fanatic. I can take or leave the show, however, I have seen some portions of every season, and a bit more of this season than I would have watched had it not been for my daughter wanting to watch. That being said, I have great respect for the fact that Ali sent Chris home before the final rose ceremony. I have always felt that having the F2 go through that is just cruel.

I don't think there was a thing that Ali could have done to make those of you "up in arms" be okay with the way in which she chose to send Chris home. There is no good way to do this. The whole point is to end the season choosing one person. She's only known any of them for 6 weeks. Granted it is an intense 6 weeks, but still....She did the best she could do considering she did this in front of cameras knowing it would be aired for the world to see. I would think that with so much of this show being so scripted, it is difficult to be but so real. You can't possibly really forget about all the people and the cameras when they are directing every encounter. I am more than willing to cut the girl some slack. She showed more class in cutting him loose before the actual final rose than any of the others have ever chosen to show. That in itself showed a caring that goes beyond words.

Ali said that Roberto and her had a steamy time at the lagoon, but it was cut.

Did you guys see the deleted scene from their LCD? Too funny.