Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

FORT Regular

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Congratulations to Ali & Roberto - much happiness. I was and will be a Chris fan and
    the only thing that I did not care for was during the proposal when Ali said to Roberto
    that he was the only one there today - I didn't think that she needed to mention that
    at that moment - I thought is was not appropriate - JMHO. I hope that Chris finds someone
    wonderful! Have a great summer everyone!

After sleeping on it, I will say I do think of all the couples since Trista and Ryan I think if any could make it to the altar it will be these two. Now that I have put the positive spin on it, I still think it may not happen. It is even more obvious today (GMA interview, Cameron said Ali stated that it never got past friendship with Chris) that thay had "it" from the start. What I did not understand again last night, was the line from Ali about Frank and closure and understanding how he could be getting engaged one day to her and then it was be to someone else. Still, she has moved on and gotten engaged. From a mature standpoint, the one red flag I see is her need to "love me, even if I do something wrong" that is a deeply rooted insecurity (of course assuming that it is not a Fleiss line) and I beleive it could find its way into the relationship in other manifestations.

All in all, happy together to Chris and Ali and DON"T DO IT Chris.!!!
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;4022048;
    After sleeping on it, I will say I do think of all the couples since Trista and Ryan I think if any could make it to the altar it will be these two. Now that I have put the positive spin on it, I still think it may not happen. It is even more obvious today (GMA interview, Cameron said Ali stated that it never got past friendship with Chris) that thay had "it" from the start. What I did not understand again last night, was the line from Ali about Frank and closure and understanding how he could be getting engaged one day to her and then it was be to someone else. Still, she has moved on and gotten engaged. From a mature standpoint, the one red flag I see is her need to "love me, even if I do something wrong" that is a deeply rooted insecurity (of course assuming that it is not a Fleiss line) and I beleive it could find its way into the relationship in other manifestations.

Yeah well Ali is going to be wishing she and Roberto had A/C's foundation built on friendship when they fizzle out and realize there was nothing but lust on and under the surface.

But you know..whatever.. I am sure Chris is "hanging in there"

FORT Fan

Thanks for all of the information lithargic! Do you have any thoughts on the upcoming Bachelor season?

I had a great time on the boards this season-my first time posting and some sleuthing. Loved it! Thanks to all who made it so much fun.

FORT Fanatic

I don't believe for a second that Ali only felt friendship for Chris! Come one poeple - just look at the man! As for Roberto - something still doesn't ring true to me - I give them 6 months.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;4022052;
    I don't believe for a second that Ali only felt friendship for Chris! Come one poeple - just look at the man! As for Roberto - something still doesn't ring true to me - I give them 6 months.
    I don't even give them that...4 months in the public.. looking forward to it.

FORT Newbie

Regis and Kelly just said Ali and Roberto will be on the show on Thursday.

FORT Fogey

When I woke this morning and thought about this season, I immediately thought that my impulse to have an "open mind" based on the Tidegirl post, the twitter pic, and Roberto's move when by far everyone else was going with the "no pic" was a good move , and for the Chris fans (yeah you!), the edit by far pointed to Chris as the F1.

Nevertheless, all said and done, I go with the Bard who said, "Much ado about nothing," to describe all the cloak and dagger secrecy about this season. What in the world was the big deal? All she did differently in the long run was to mercifully let Chris go at the LCD (which realistically worked in both of their favor).

I am tremendously glad this season did not end in a "no pick". It did not work out well for Brad, and it will not work out well for anyone else. Certainly getting engaged is not very reasonable given the circumstances, but the premise of this show is that somebody ends up with the last rose, and it should be given out. What happens after that doesn't concern me.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;4022048;

I agree with the bolded, her deep need to be loved concerns me. She kept saying last night "He loves me so much". I hope they do make it, especially since R has rearranged his entire life for her
    Last edited by PinkIsTheWord; 08-03-2010 at 09:23 AM.

FORT Fan

Thanks for all of the information lithargic! Do you have any thoughts on the upcoming Bachelor season?

I had a great time on the boards this season-my first time posting and some sleuthing. Loved it! Thanks to all who made it so much fun.