Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

For those of you who are feeling sorry for Chris because of the way he was "dumped" by Ali please read this.

EVERYBODY knew very early on that Ali was going to choose Roberto. The cast, the crew, even the cat and the mouse knew how this story was going to end.

The challenge then became finding a way to keep the show interesting and to keep people guessing and watching. Justin and Frank helped a lot and Kasey and the Weatherman provided comic relief.

Was Ali "devastated" when Frank left? Let's just say she is a pretty good actress.

Chris L is a great guy and his edit was a true depiction of the man he is, but please understand that he was not surprised by what happened at the LCD with Ali. He was pretty sure that Ali was going to pick Roberto and because of that he didn't want to go thru the charade of the FRC. So the LCD scene was a relief to him. When he thanked Ali for ending it at the LCD he meant it.

And for those skeptics out there..., the rainbow was real!

Of all the seasons I have been involved with this show this one was the best. Ali was a pleasure to work with, the final two guys were attractive and likable, and the ending was like something in a fairytale.

This will be a tough act to follow!

Now a few words about Reality Steve:

In an earlier thread I told you that at first TPTB loved RS because the created buzz about the show. Ratings had been slipping but the past few seasons have shown renewed interest and big ratings.

But RS soon let all of his success go to his head. He appeared in magazines, TV shows, even interviewed disgruntled cast members. He bragged about how much money he is making, mocked people unmercifully, and smuggly declared that he was outsmarting everybody.

His ridiculous accusations about Jason choosing Melissa knowing that he was going to dump her for Molly tarnished the reputation of a decent man and he has yet to apologize for that.

And last season was a disaster in many ways. Jake was a pain to work with. Vienna was the most unpopular F1 ever, and RS "spoiled" the ending for everyone.

So this season when RS came out with his "she picks nobody" prediction there was a lot of joy in Bacheloretteville. After last season's anticlimactic FRC this year would be a surprise. And to top it off RS would forever be suspect with his future predictions.

Every possible effort was made to keep the finale a surprise, including the closed set on the ATFR. Ali did a great job in her interviews of keeping every possible ending on the table. Screencaps were carefully selected to keep people guessing. And it worked!

When I revealed the ending on Sunday I got calls from friends accusing me of betraying them. I explained that nobody believed what I said so it didn't matter what I posted. I was only adding to the conflicting stories that were out there.

In spite of all the spoilers and all the sluething the ending of this season truly surprised most people, not the least of whom is RS.

So now RS is scrambling to save his reputation and his blog and that makes everybody (except RS) happy. Perhaps his 15 minutes of fame is coming to an end. Time will tell.

Was he "set up" with deliberately planted bad information this season? I'll never tell!

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4021982;
    For those of you who are feeling sorry for Chris because of the way he was "dumped" by Ali please read this.

EVERYBODY knew very early on that Ali was going to choose Roberto. The cast, the crew, even the cat and the mouse knew how this story was going to end.

The challenge then became finding a way to keep the show interesting and to keep people guessing and watching. Justin and Frank helped a lot and Kasey and the Weatherman provided comic relief.

Was Ali "devastated" when Frank left? Let's just say she is a pretty good actress.

Chris L is a great guy and his edit was a true depiction of the man he is, but please understand that he was not surprised by what happened at the LCD with Ali. He was pretty sure that Ali was going to pick Roberto and because of that he didn't want to go thru the charade of the FRC. So the LCD scene was a relief to him. When he thanked Ali for ending it at the LCD he meant it.

Of all the seasons I have been involved with this show this one was the best. Ali was a pleasure to work with, the final two guys were attractive and likable, and the ending was like something in a fairytale.

In an earlier thread I told you that at first TPTB loved RS because the created buzz about the show. Ratings had been slipping but the past few seasons have shown renewed interest and big ratings.

But RS soon let all of his success go to his head. He appeared in magazines, TV shows, even interviewed disgruntled cast members. He bragged about how much money he is making, mocked people unmercifully, and smuggly declared that he was outsmarting everybody.

His ridiculous accusations about Jason choosing Melissa knowing that he was going to dump her for Molly tarnished the reputation of a decent man and he has yet to apologize for that.

And last season was a disaster in many ways. Jake was a pain to work with. Vienna was the most unpopular F1 ever, and RS "spoiled" the ending for everyone.

So this season when RS came out with his "she picks nobody" prediction there was a lot of joy in Bacheloretteville. After last season's anticlimactic FRC this year would be a surprise. And to top it off RS would forever be suspect with his future predictions.

Every possible effort was made to keep the finale a surprise, including the closed set on the ATFR. Ali did a great job in her interviews of keeping every possible ending on the table. Screencaps were carefully selected to keep people guessing. And it worked!

When I revealed the ending on Sunday I got calls from friends accusing me of betraying them. I explained that nobody believed what I said so it didn't matter what I posted. I was only adding to the conflicting stories that were out there.

In spite of all the spoilers and all the sluething the ending of this season truly surprised most people, not the least of whom is RS.

So now RS is scrambling to save his reputation and his blog and that makes everybody (except RS) happy. Perhaps his 15 minutes of fame is coming to an end. Time will tell.

Was he "set up" with deliberately planted bad information this season? I'll never tell!
    Thank you for this information, I'm sure we all appreciate it.

I have one question though, was all of Chris' "I'm going to propose to her in 3 days", "I really think she is the one for me", "I don't want to leave her" stuff an act? Did he really know he wasn't the one? B/c it seemed very real to me. He didn't seem to know Roberto existed... Thanks
    Love is the only reality... unless you're MF :nono

Thanks for sharing the information! If you can share anything else you noticed between Ali and Roberto, please share!

Thanks for not throwing "I told you so's" up in our faces. I for one enjoyed not having the finale spoiled this season (I usually embrace a spoiled ending) and I also enjoyed watching Ali's journey. I have been a loyal Bachelor/Bachelorette viewer and this season has been my favorite so far. There was a lot more to her than I expected & it was refreshing to see how she handled everything IMO. THe F2 were "amazing" men and I hope we see more of CL & his journey.
    I am thrilled to have the tables turned on RS! He exudes self-importance & arrogance. I guess what goes around, comes around, and RS got his just due!
    I wish Ali and Roberto nothing but the best and hope the beat the odds. Hey they broke the FIR curse...who knows?

thanks so much lithargic for your info. Stayathomemom has said the same thing about everyone knowing it was roberto from the very beginning....they do look like a fairytale!! And how beautiful that they were sooooooooo in love that everyone knew!!!
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4021984;
    Thank you for this information, I'm sure we all appreciate it.

I have one question though, was all of Chris' "I'm going to propose to her in 3 days", "I really think she is the one for me", "I don't want to leave her" stuff an act? Did he really know he wasn't the one? B/c it seemed very real to me. He didn't seem to know Roberto existed... Thanks
    I have been told that Chris' feelings for Ali were real. Even though he assumed that Roberto was "the one" it didn't change how he felt about Ali. Had things gone sour between Ali and Roberto then Chris most certainly would have been there for her.

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4021994;
    I have been told that Chris' feelings for Ali were real. Even though he assumed that Roberto was "the one" it didn't change how he felt about Ali. Had things gone sour between Ali and Roberto then Chris most certainly would have been there for her.
    Thanks for the answer

I am happy for Roberto and Ali... but it was really hard watching such a great guy get his heart broken. Yes I know, thats life, but I don't have to like it!
    Love is the only reality... unless you're MF :nono

FORT Fogey

I thought it was adorable that they didnt want to go to Catalina. They just wanted to go home to San Diego and be normal! They feigned excitement but their disappointment radiated from every pore!

Since they had no luggage I assume the heliocopter took off for the camera but circulated around and landed again. There is no way they could go without packing. Perhaps they told them they would perfer to just go home and skipped the trip.

I love this finale. I thought it was was done very classy, and I felt like I watched a love story before my eyes. I think the chris stuff was horrible, but I am very happy with the outcome. You did a great job ABC.. I will be back in the falll for the Bachelor
    I am on team Love

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4021985;
    Thanks for sharing the information! If you can share anything else you noticed between Ali and Roberto, please share!

What wasn't shown was that Ali and Roberto spent more time together after she met with Chris. In fact they had a whole day together, none of which was shown on the final edit.

I can't be certain about everything they talked about but I believe that they both knew going into the FRC that there would be a proposal and an acceptance. The "drama" about Roberto's "soul searching" as he walked up the steps to the FRC was meant only to prolong the guessing game a few more minutes. "Will he or won't he propose?" The outcome was never in doubt.