Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4021784;
    Here's a crazy bit of info I got from someone with an ABC connection, ABC had a heck of a time editing the show because Ali and Roberto were so crazy about each other. Finding footage of them not looking gah gah over each other, and finding equal footage of Ali with other guys nearly proved impossible.
    I feel clinically insane for not realizing their connection after tonight. WTF have I been smoking all summer? Dang.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4021798;
    I feel clinically insane for not realizing their connection after tonight. WTF have I been smoking all summer? Dang.
    You've been smoking something tall, lanky, and delicious all summer.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;4021796;
    But Alana..this is Ali who accused Frank of being selfish. Boy when it's her turn to say she's in love with someone else she forgot about that. I echo what someone upthread said...she lacks a sensitivity chip.
    I think the situations are totally different. Chris knew what he was getting into when he signed up for the show -- and by the time the LCD date rolled around, he KNEW he was one of two guys. Frank never clued Ali into the fact that someone else was in the picture. Very different, IMO.

Ali wasn't in love with Chris -- and she would have done him no favors had she given him any indication that she wasn't absolutely certain in her decision. I think she did the best thing for both of them.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm;4021795;
    Jake who?

This guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4021784;
    Here's a crazy bit of info I got from someone with an ABC connection, ABC had a heck of a time editing the show because Ali and Roberto were so crazy about each other. Finding footage of them not looking gah gah over each other, and finding equal footage of Ali with other guys nearly proved impossible.
    I think they hid their connection very well. I was not able to see their chemistry until tonight's episode and then it just exploded on the screen. It was so obvious tonight. They must have had a difficult time indeed finding footage to use.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;4021766;
    I posted more in the media thread on the non - spoiler side if anyone is interested.
    Thank you for all the pictures CC.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;4021796;
    But Alana..this is Ali who accused Frank of being selfish. Boy when it's her turn to say she's in love with someone else she forgot about that. I echo what someone upthread said...she lacks a sensitivity chip.
    I know, I agree she's wasn't the most sensitive. Especially asking him for a hug and saying "thank you" when he said he's going to miss her. I think she just tried her best, was exhausted, wanted the show to be over, and wanted to be with Roberto. It's not excuse, she definitely should have been more sensitive but like Connorsmom just said, she wasn't devastated because she was so NOT conflicted. She tried her best and I firmly believe that.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4021798;
    You just got caught up in having a favorite. Girl, it happens to the best of us! Been there, and done that. Nothing wrong with it either.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4021763;
    I saw that too... they were smart in keeping the AFTR without an audience. Chris was clearly not over Ali, and was being very gracious. Asked her a question about what he helped her to learn on her journey to finding love, and she couldn't come up with anything? wtf was up with that. Poor Ali, I'm afraid she is gonna have her feet to the fire for this tonight when people get over what they saw. I still hate that they let Ali use the rainbow to try to make nice for Chris... and I looked up and I saw this perfect rainbow and I had to laugh as I knew his mom was watching out for him. Gag me with a spoon!

I need to get off this before I get any nastier, and I really don't want that to happen. I hope that Chris is able to sleep a little better tonight knowing that many of us know and understand his pain. For those who might not have been paying attention, Chris is still hurting, still hung up on the girl. It will be a while to get himself together, and thank god there will be a special person out there just for him. I have to believe there is something special in Ali, after all he was falling totally in love with her, so there had to be something there. I just hope that what ever it was, Roberto likes it too.
    Your so right Latergater I had a hard time watching Chris tonight, it took so much for him to open up and then the way he was let down. omg, I would never do that to someone that (I knew) was getting ready to purpose to me...and it s not that I don't like Roberto...
    I'm still wondering where that piece went where he was confronting Ali tonight
    about thinking that they were a future and he was going to purpose and then bame..and she was denying it.....how can you lead someone on like that....because I seen that too..

Quote Originally Posted by black_tears;4021799;
    You've been smoking something tall, lanky, and delicious all summer.
    Seriously! He's gorgeous and the edit got me all confused.

Tonight it was like magic with A/R though. All of it. Starting with MTP to JK. So awesome.
    ~ Sex and the City