Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4021716;
    Yeah, I was expecting JK to say, "Hello, remember I'm interviewing you?"

I like the fact, that he seems to think that they might make it. he usually talking about the couples won't make. I believe he was amazed at their love.

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4021784;
    Here's a crazy bit of info I got from someone with an ABC connection, ABC had a heck of a time editing the show because Ali and Roberto were so crazy about each other. Finding footage of them not looking gah gah over each other, and finding equal footage of Ali with other guys nearly proved impossible.
    Was that from the private chat with sahm? Did she share more information?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by barbwire13;4021775;
    I am so with you all the way Chris was amazing tonight and agree 100% with you about everything else....the only beautiful thing on seen on here was the rainbow and the msg from his Mom, first time I've ever come to tears on this show and that was the rainbow signifying the love between Chris and his Mom and that she was there with him.
    I was bawling during CL's rejection segment. If for some reason he does end up as the next TB, we're going to have to guard and protect our sensitive boy's heart.

Here's a crazy bit of info I got from someone with an ABC connection, ABC had a heck of a time editing the show because Ali and Roberto were so crazy about each other. Finding footage of them not looking gah gah over each other, and finding equal footage of Ali with other guys nearly proved impossible.
    I honestly would believe it after watching tonight's show and JKL. Whew, whether it lasts or not these are two people very much in love.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

Very interesting! Could explain why we never saw the Iceland lagoon scene...

Remember on Rob's HTD, the guys Rob knows saw that connection where they would kiss even without the cameras in their faces and that they were so into each other.

Oh, I loved how they showed them walking hand in hand through the hall with the ABC crew I suppose clapping as they passed by.

Jsinsak

Congrats to Ali & Roberto I wish you nothing but luck... Chris L - Smile bro THE WORLD LOVES YOU !!! Blog will be up Tues..
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

That was the best!!! I was so excited earlier when I found out for sure that Roberto was her pick. It took everything in me not to make up some excuse as to why the kids had to go to bed at 7 pm (they are 15 and 11, so I don't think anything I could have come up with would have been well received). Anyway, my patience paid off and I got to have complete silence as I watched...be still my heart! I thought it was great.

I do offer my sincere condolences to all the Chris fans. He, too, was a great guy and I cried for him. I know it will be so hard to let go of him because he didn't get "his" girl. Be prepared for your obsession to grow, rather than diminish. I know that's what happened for me when Jillian didn't pick Reid. I just wanted to know for sure that he was okay and that he was going to find love. I still think that Reid really did love Jillian and she did break his heart, but I'm also sure that he grew from the experience, as I think Chris will too. It will take time, but Chris will heal as well!

I don't know if I am fooling myself or what, but Roberto and Ali really do seem like they will make it. They both seem crazy in love with each other. This is truly what I watch the show for...too bad these endings are so few and far between.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4021787;
    I can't wait to we say 'Jake Who'? Ugh.
    Jake who?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4021718;
    I think she was feeling bad for hurting such a good person but like her ATFR segment with him showed, she's just not capable to separate anything for what she's feeling for Roberto. She stares at him like she can't even believe he exists. By the time LCD for Chris rolled around, she just wanted Roberto and poor Chris seemed more like something she had to "take care of." I agree it sucks but I think she's just so happy and in love and joyful that she's having a lot of trouble putting herself in Chris' position. All she wanted is for the show to be done and to be with her guy. It's not the most sensitive way to handle breaking up with Chris but I understand her.
    But Alana..this is Ali who accused Frank of being selfish. Boy when it's her turn to say she's in love with someone else she forgot about that. I echo what someone upthread said...she lacks a sensitivity chip.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4021714;
    tyefan... it's not her letting Chris go at the LCD that is so upsetting to me. It was her lack of empathy. At that point in time, she was only thinking of herself and I believe it was done primarily to save her face with the public and it glaringly showed. As was said up-thread, she had more empathy and tears for hurting Kirk and Ty than she did for Chris, and I can only assume where he was there at the end, she might have had some true feelings for him. Unless maybe she didn't after all. I must admit she is a good actress.
    We saw a very short exchange between Ali/Chris on the LCD. I imagine it was a lot longer and more involved than that, but the show edited it down to a small portion for a reason. They started a hug with her dry-eyed and the next shot was tears down her face. So I got a very strong impression, like with everything else on this show, it was severely edited down to a short exchange.

And I think they also wanted to keep from making Ali saying goodbye to Chris like it was when Jason said goodbye to Molly. They wanted the viewers to see the love story with Roberto, so they weren't going to edit it as if she was devastated to say goodbye to Chris. It's all in how the editing shows.

I commend her for letting Chris go when she did. I think it was a hard choice, but the right one. I imagine it was a combination of believing it was right for Chris AND for wanting her engagement to Roberto to be the only event of the day. Who can blame her for that? I totally respect both reasons.

In the end, I was very happy with the final shows. I was sad for Chris that he didn't get the girl, absolutely -- I LOVED him. But I want him to find happiness with the person that adores him. That wasn't Ali. And for the first time in years, I feel like I saw a true love story being told on this show.

I was smiling when it was done. I wish Ali and Roberto all the best.