Page 103 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1354

Thread: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Re: 8/2 **SPOILERS** FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4021705;
    Where is the Tenley IV? What show?
    On that Daily Ten thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4021673;
    Letting him go at the LCD is not the problem, it is that there was obviously not enough distance between Roberto's room and where Chris was for Ali to really really collect her thoughts and everything she was going to say to Chris. She was cold, she was unemotional and self-serving. The guy told her he was going to miss her and she said thank you. WHO does that? WHO responds that way to someone who has just put himself completely out there for HER benefit... Even Jake showed more emotion while he was letting Tenley go.
    She was nervous about it and she did it the best she could. Sorry she couldn't do it to please everyone but Chris was okay with it...after all he's the one that counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4021709;
    My favorite part was when JK then said that she's already nagging or hen-pecking him or whatever and he really emphatically goes "no man, she's perfect!" No, Roberto, I'm pretty sure YOU'RE perfect.

I know. I've swooned so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by tyefan;4021657;
    I understand that but i do see it a different way,imo i thought it was much better way of handling it,could you imagine if she did what the franchise wanted to do, and let go thru the all the process and Chris get down on one knee then Ali iwould really being called some bad names.
    Do you remember all the horrible names Dee got when she pick jessie instead of Jason,well i do and frankly i do not know how any of them get thru it, I saw the other day when that girl on Jake season was supposedly having affair with one of the producers,she said she got death threat over that. and she was only on what a week.
    Again i might be in minority in this but i thought it was very thoughtful of Ali for letting Chris down the way she did,better letting know then instead of him thinking he had a chance and ask ALi to marry him AND either way she was was going to turn him down and atleast imo it was more gentle

~~~jmho~~~~
    tyefan... it's not her letting Chris go at the LCD that is so upsetting to me. It was her lack of empathy. At that point in time, she was only thinking of herself and I believe it was done primarily to save her face with the public and it glaringly showed. As was said up-thread, she had more empathy and tears for hurting Kirk and Ty than she did for Chris, and I can only assume where he was there at the end, she might have had some true feelings for him. Unless maybe she didn't after all. I must admit she is a good actress.

Frank gave her more empathy and explanation when he dumped her than she ever gave Chris. And to me, a person who held her in such high esteem... it was hard to take her down off that pedestal to the point of a selfish young girl once again. It's not her fault I elevated her to that position, I was misguided by my own love story and what I was shown in the edit of the show.

I have learned a valuable lesson this season at the feet of MF. I hope that Ali and Roberto make a go of it, and that they expand on what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;4021704;
    Are you kidding me? For once I can say they look like the next Trista and Ryan. They are beyond adorable together. Ali couldn't stop staring and touching him during the JK segment.
    Yeah, I was expecting JK to say, "Hello, remember I'm interviewing you?"

FORT Newbie

I have to say that I didn't like the way she let him go either, I've split up with boyfriends(husbands) and never acted that cold or short for that matter of fact I felt she could have put a little bit of heart into it and I really didn't see any of that, Chris on the atrs was such a gentleman congradulating her and you know he was heart broken still... I hope he knows just how many people out here love him for his genunious and kindness what a true guy he is, whoever gets him is one lucky guy. I didn't the part where they show the two of him And Ali where he said one minute we were and the next minute boom its over and she reared back and said something I thought she tried to deny it or something anyway I only seen that on the preview of the atfr but they didn't show it when they were togeter on stage what happened to that

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;4021707;
    When you watch it you will know. She burst into the door and is if she wanted to get it over. When you see her face it is if it was almost smiling. Nerves or not, she did not come across as being sincere. More like, I've got to do this so that I can get to Roberto.
    I think she was feeling bad for hurting such a good person but like her ATFR segment with him showed, she's just not capable to separate anything for what she's feeling for Roberto. She stares at him like she can't even believe he exists. By the time LCD for Chris rolled around, she just wanted Roberto and poor Chris seemed more like something she had to "take care of." I agree it sucks but I think she's just so happy and in love and joyful that she's having a lot of trouble putting herself in Chris' position. All she wanted is for the show to be done and to be with her guy. It's not the most sensitive way to handle breaking up with Chris but I understand her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

OMG this guy is HAWT :lovestric

"People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4021709;
    My favorite part was when JK then said that she's already nagging or hen-pecking him or whatever and he really emphatically goes "no man, she's perfect!" No, Roberto, I'm pretty sure YOU'RE perfect.
    I know, double

So I take it FORT held up during the show? My computer was not so lucky! Crashed right after it started and just now up and running again. Only been able to read a few posts, but thought I'd share my thoughts anyway. First off, enjoyed posting with y'all. Nice seeing such different takes on the same exact thing! Ah, the human mind!

I'm not sure what I think about her letting Chris go on the LCD. I got a vague scripted feeling from that. Not on his end, but the show's end. The way Ali talked to him just seemed... strange? I don't know how to put it. I know that kind of conversation is awkward, but the way she was all bubbly at first and then agitated, and then almost whiny, and the stuff she said... I just came way feeling like she handled that totally differently than all the other rejections like Kirk, for example, where it seemed genuine to me. This just seemed... off? I don't know how else to put that, either.

I'm honestly also not convinced Roberto didn't know that Chris was gone. Something seemed off about that to me too. Regardless, in the end, hope they come out of this as unscathed as possible and that the seemingly inevitable breakup doesn't happen to them as well. Especially since Roberto moved across country for her/them!

What I do find funny is that despite being a Roberto fan and mostly "He's okay" towards Chris, I was am a full blown Chris fan after tonight. I was utterly impressed with the grace Chris handled himself with. He was, dare I say it, "amazing."

And the ultimate irony to me is that in spite of all the scripted garbage on this show, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on this show could not be scripted. The rainbow that showed up after Ali rejected Chris... wow. I don't believe for a minute that was a coincidence. That was meant to be, and I wholeheartedly believe that was his mother reaching out to him. The only other time I've cried on this show was when Reid was rejected a second time at last year's FRC. That was nothin' compared to this tonight! Forget Trista and Ryan getting married, or other seemingly in love couple's engagements... That rainbow sign from Mrs. Lambton tonight was honestly the most beautiful and pure thing I think I've ever seen on any reality show.

And on that note, I hope Chris takes that rainbow and his good edit and does indeed run from Fleiss Take 2. He can meet a great lady on his own, IMO.