Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILERS* 7/5 Show Discussion: 7th Episode

FORT Newbie

Re: *SPOILERS* 7/5 Show Discussion: 7th Episode

The bottom line so far is that Ali's self image is keeping her from opening up to the hot/nice guys. She was really scarred by her past relationships. I can definitely understand because my self esteem took a blow after I got cheated on. It takes a while to shake it off. She is protecting her heart from getting hurt again. She shouldn't have done this show because it's not fair to these great guys who seem ready to settle down. She seems to be into Frank the most (and he is the least attractive IMO). One positive that will come out of this season is that she will see her insecurities and hopefully work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BeReal;3965850;
    The bottom line so far is that Ali's self image is keeping her from opening up to the hot/nice guys. She was really scarred by her past relationships. I can definitely understand because my self esteem took a blow after I got cheated on. It takes a while to shake it off. She is protecting her heart from getting hurt again. She shouldn't have done this show because it's not fair to these great guys who seem ready to settle down. She seems to be into Frank the most (and he is the least attractive IMO). One positive that will come out of this season is that she will see her insecurities and hopefully work on them.
    If this happens, I think it will be the happiest ending to this show yet, excluding our actual still happy and in love (sorta) couples.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3965765;
    Why would Ali have gotten an apartment in San Jose? It may be a nice place... but not necessarily a destination town for a 20-something unemployed girl. I don't think she has any relatives there? no connection (other than her alleged new squeeze)
    Apartment rent can be as much as 50% lower in San Jose compared to SF city proper. It's also part of Silicon Valley. I think she probably figures she will continue her career in website marketing and SJ is a perfect central place to do so. Many of the big companies are adjacent including Google. I can see Ali working for Google.

Seems to me she just moved from her expensive apartment to a lower rent one temporarily while she did the show. Not that mysterious.

I really doubt she has anything serious going on with with that Scott (?) guy. Intuition tells me they are just friends.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3965854;
    If this happens, I think it will be the happiest ending to this show yet, excluding our actual still happy and in love (sorta) couples.
    Totally agree with that Alanna! If she doesn't deal with her insecurities, all the relationship will be doomed anyway. Why waste time with a F1? Another great ending will be that she sees it before letting these great guys out of her reach.

Quote Originally Posted by BeReal;3965861;
    Totally agree with that Alanna! If she doesn't deal with her insecurities, all the relationship will be doomed anyway. Why waste time with a F1? Another great ending will be that she sees it before letting these great guys out of her reach.
    Well this would be the best ending ever and if that happens with Chris, I'll probably start magically floating around the apartment in my excitement. I really don't think it'll happen but oh man, would women everywhere flip out. Everyone would want those two on their magazine covers and giving interviews.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3965807;
    I know when Ali said to Chris L tonight "I bet a lot of people like you" I said don't you Ali?
    Ali already told Chris that she liked him at the Blue Lagoon date... Paraphrased:: she asked about his previous relationships, and he said he tried to change into what the girl was looking for... she asked if he was doing that now, and he said no, he was being himself and hoping that she would like him. She said I like you, then kissed him.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3965874;
    Ali already told Chris that she liked him at the Blue Lagoon date... Paraphrased:: she asked about his previous relationships, and he said he tried to change into what the girl was looking for... she asked if he was doing that now, and he said no, he was being himself and hoping that she would like him. She said I like you, then kissed him.

I should have asked a question not made a statement. I know Ali likes Chris.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I actually thought the Jake and Vienna segment was far more entertaining than the actual show today. And I'm glad they showed it, I feel a lot of sympathy for Vienna. she is sincere, and she cared so much. That's why she was crying and interrupting him - to defend herself, explain what was happening, and because she cares. J is for JERK. What a control freak and a weirdo. Ali totally dodged this bullet, so glad she left last season.

FORT Fogey

I missed tonight's show. Would anyone mind providing a brief synopsis of events?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3965894;
    I missed tonight's show. Would anyone mind providing a brief synopsis of events?
    -Roberto and Ali had a cute but very short date and Ali seemed out of touch with him.
    -Ty, Frank and Ali had a really awkward and uncomfortable date. Ty revealed himself to be even more chauvinistic than originally predicted and Frank tried to give her an out but she just kept barging ahead, trying to make something happen with him. She was so drunk on this date, it's a miracle MF didn't send CH to pump her stomach.
    -Her date with Kirk was painful to watch, she was having none of it and basically grilled him on whether or not she deserved to be loved.
    -Chris and Ali then had the last date. She was worried he's too in the friend zone, he gave her a bracelet, they rolled around in the grass, and that problem seems to be cured.
    -The last 35 minutes were Jake and Vienna. It was ridiculous and over the top. You need to see it to believe some of the things said. They were really born without the shame gene. Jake got punked once again because I'm sure he thought he'd look like the hero but instead he looked like an abusive dbag and Vienna looked sympathetic and reliable.

Mostly, it was a depressing episode, other than the J&V comedy at the end.
    ~ Sex and the City