Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILERS* 6/28 Show Discussion

Re: *SPOILERS* 6/28 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3954547;
    You know how every season when the spoilers come out people always speculate about whether or not TPTB will do a bunch of re-editing to counter the effect of the spoilers? Well, they don't have to re-edit any of the show per se, just throw a few previews in like tonight and manipulate the media through CH and Ali, and lots of people are doubting the spoilers. As long as people are talking, it's all good.

I'm actually looking forward to whatever they dream up for the finale.
    Exactly. Show some spliced and diced previews, and everything is up in the air in the minds of some people. Even when I saw initially saw the preview with the helicopter shots with Ty, I said out loud "What? He's in Tahiti?"

I'm also intrigued to see how they'll pull the finale off. I'm just hopeful that neither Roberto nor Chris are tossed under the bus by Fleiss in it. I wouldn't think so, but I seriously do not trust that man.

Frank is just beyond words. They certainly set him up even more so tonight to be seen as the world's biggest weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3954576;
    We had a power outtage, so I didn't see much tonight (dagnabbit, I wanted to see Istanbul!!)

I have a question. Did those previews give out A TON of information that would normally be saved for maximum shock-and-awe during the episodes?? The average viewer just got a massive amount of reveal about who is not getting dumped next week and about who is looking to bail. They did the same thing with last week's preview. What's up with this strategy??
    My opinion, it's the same as with Jason's season, they don't care that people know the result of the FRC because the ATFR ending is different.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3954584;
    My opinion, it's the same as with Jason's season, they don't care that people know the result of the FRC because the ATFR ending is different.
    That or they're trying to prepare the audience for the train wreck that they're about to witness.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

We had a power outtage, so I didn't see much tonight (dagnabbit, I wanted to see Istanbul!!)

I have a question. Did those previews give out A TON of information that would normally be saved for maximum shock-and-awe during the episodes?? The average viewer just got a massive amount of reveal about who is not getting dumped next week and about who is looking to bail. They did the same thing with last week's preview. What's up with this strategy??
    I don't know but other than switching Ty and Chris in the F3, they gave away the whole show.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I think they're doing two things. Trying to bait the spoiled into believing the spoilers are inaccurate and a "happy ending" is ahead, and toss their hat into the hype ring. The stuff is all over the media anyway, so why not hype it and use it to their advantage even further?

I also think they count on the non-spoiled thinking there's no possible way she'd pick no one, because no way would they give it away. Well, sometimes... If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by black_tears;3954588;
    That or they're trying to prepare the audience for the train wreck that they're about to witness.
    it very well could be, but that isn't Fleiss's M O, he likes to "play" with his audience.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by asher13;3954581;
    Believe me Chris is an Aries, and is an athlete. Arians are all about competition, he was probably annoyed because that entire segment was just annoyingly lame.

However looking at him the last few episodes I also think he may have caught the virus Ali had, that plus the rigors of fast travel, jet lag, combined with emotional overload..well....he looks a bit haggard, but in a wickedly sexy way.

I noticed some EmerGnC packets in their hotel room, I bet all their immune systems are compromised.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when the caps came out with him looking a bit haggard in a wickedly sexy way....that he'd picked up Ali's cold. I wish no ill on the man, but if he DID have a cold....well, he looks fine with a cold. He should get one more often.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3954597;
    I think they're doing two things. Trying to bait the spoiled into believing the spoilers are inaccurate and a "happy ending" is ahead, and toss their hat into the hype ring. The stuff is all over the media anyway, so why not hype it and use it to their advantage even further?

I also think they count on the non-spoiled thinking there's no possible way she'd pick no one, because no way would they give it away. Well, sometimes... If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
    Has that ever happened before? Even with Brad, they tried to keep some suspense up. Here it's just like: "Well F1 leaves, the end, sorry, guys! Tune in to Bachelor Pad August 2nd!" Umm. Thanks?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3954604;
    Has that ever happened before? Even with Brad, they tried to keep some suspense up. Here it's just like: "Well F1 leaves, the end, sorry, guys! Tune in to Bachelor Pad August 2nd!" Umm. Thanks?
    I couldn't tell you for sure. The only full seasons of Bach or B'ette that I've seen are Aaron on Season 2, Firestone, Andy Baldwin, Jason, Jake, Trista, Deanna, Jillian, and now Ali. I just saw parts of the very first Bach season, Jesse's season, and Blob's season. Possibly a couple episodes of Travis, but I can't remember.

I read somewhere (I believe it was in the blog) that the Vienna-Jake showdown will be a part of next week's episode. Doesn't sound like the show is being extended. Possible they are indeed throwing in the towel and cutting her episode down to an hour next week, with an hour for JV nonsense. I find it hard to believe they'd only subject us to a half hour of the hapless duo.

Ali's reaction to the Frank topic was strange on Kimmel. Just giggled and laughed "I don't know!" Okay. Either she really is a good actress, or she really isn't all that broken up about Frank now. Then again, who would be after what he does and some time goes by, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3954617;
    Ali's reaction to the Frank topic was strange on Kimmel. Just giggled and laughed "I don't know!" Okay. Either she really is a good actress, or she really isn't all that broken up about Frank now. Then again, who would be after what he does and some time goes by, but I digress.
    She doesn't know? What did she do, miss the preview at the end of tonight's show? That coy answer would have been fine last night, but Frank's cat is out of the bag. What the heck??
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.