Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILERS* 6/28 Show Discussion

Re: *SPOILERS* 6/28 Show Discussion

I just read Chris's blog and it doesn't say anything. It's his usual talk about nothing.

He said that when they are apart they take 2 steps back, but when they are together, they take 10 steps forward. He also said that Ty's her date went well, the Justin crap and started it with the stupid Jake/Vienna stuff.

Jimmy K asked Ali about Frank and she just giggled and said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3954527;
    I disagree. What they're doing is baiting people into thinking "If the spoilers got it wrong about Chris being in the F2, then I bet the spoiler she picks no one is wrong too! They wouldn't just give it away like this!"

For what it's worth, I am not trying to make you or anyone feel wrong for your opinion or hope. Just saying that, to me, this is blatant manipulation on the part of TPTB. And I hate it that many hopeful viewers are (IMO) being set up for a disappointment.
    the average viewer doesn't know who the F2 are at this point anyway, and I bet they forget all about this preview by then... like I said, them thinking it's Ty instead of Chris is inconsequential.

Actually, I couldn't tell who the F3 guys were from that preview, it happened so fast that it looked like all five guys went to some place tropical with her, Chris and Kirk included
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3954527;
    I disagree. What they're doing is baiting people into thinking "If the spoilers got it wrong about Chris being in the F2, then I bet the spoiler she picks no one is wrong too! They wouldn't just give it away like this!"

For what it's worth, I am not trying to make you or anyone feel wrong for your opinion or hope. Just saying that, to me, this is blatant manipulation on the part of TPTB. And I hate it that many hopeful viewers are (IMO) being set up for a disappointment.
    You know how every season when the spoilers come out people always speculate about whether or not TPTB will do a bunch of re-editing to counter the effect of the spoilers? Well, they don't have to re-edit any of the show per se, just throw a few previews in like tonight and manipulate the media through CH and Ali, and lots of people are doubting the spoilers. As long as people are talking, it's all good.

I'm actually looking forward to whatever they dream up for the finale.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3954544;
    Jimmy K asked Ali about Frank and she just giggled and said nothing.
    Which is why showing it so soon is weird. We all saw it and know he left. She can't even deny it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3954497;
    I'm going to tread lightly here because I know there are some pretty strong feelings out there about fairytale endings at the ATFR and reunions with Ali and either Roberto or Chris.

--BUT--

If Ali decides to go after somebody post-FRC or if somebody else comes back to ask for a chance post-FRC, it would have to be Frank. He's the one she fell for. It just wouldn't fly with anyone else. And who wants to see that? Not me.
    I would LOVE that. I love ali and frank. They should be together honestly. They make such a cute couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen445;3954552;
    I would LOVE that. I love ali and frank. They should be together honestly. They make such a cute couple.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and all that jazz. So speaking for myself, seeing how selfish and disgusting Frank is, I wouldn't wish him on the coldest witch, let alone a really vulnerable and unconditional love-starved Ali.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3954546;
    the average viewer doesn't know who the F2 are at this point anyway, and I bet they forget all about this preview by then... like I said, them thinking it's Ty instead of Chris is inconsequential.

Actually, I couldn't tell who the F3 guys were from that preview, it happened so fast that it looked like all five guys went to some place tropical with her, Chris and Kirk included
    See, I think the majority of viewers are aware of the spoilers by now. Besides here, other boards, and Steve's site, you've got it all laid out in the tabs, in People Magazine, on the entertainment shows, and, to boot, on AOL's homepage yesterday. Yesterday especially, it was in the face of anyone who logged into AOL, whether they watch the show or not.

The preview serves two purposes, IMO. 1. Get the spoiled to doubt the spoilers. 2. Create hype for the non-spoiled.

There comes a point where they give in to the hype and use it to their advantage, IMO. Now even the few remaining unspoiled come away saying "Oh my gosh, she might not pick anyone? No way! That wouldn't happen!" Buzz = ratings.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 06-29-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3954563;
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and all that jazz. So speaking for myself, seeing how selfish and disgusting Frank is, I wouldn't wish him on the coldest witch, let alone a really vulnerable and unconditional love-starved Ali.

Agreed, especially including his post-show quotes.

We had a power outtage, so I didn't see much tonight (dagnabbit, I wanted to see Istanbul!!)

I have a question. Did those previews give out A TON of information that would normally be saved for maximum shock-and-awe during the episodes?? The average viewer just got a massive amount of reveal about who is not getting dumped next week and about who is looking to bail. They did the same thing with last week's preview. What's up with this strategy??
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3954401;
    I think all three. He kind of rolled his eyes at the oil-wrestling thing. He does not seem competetive by nature and I think jumping through these artificial hoops annoys him.
    Believe me Chris is an Aries, and is an athlete. Arians are all about competition, he was probably annoyed because that entire segment was just annoyingly lame.

However looking at him the last few episodes I also think he may have caught the virus Ali had, that plus the rigors of fast travel, jet lag, combined with emotional overload..well....he looks a bit haggard, but in a wickedly sexy way.

I noticed some EmerGnC packets in their hotel room, I bet all their immune systems are compromised.