Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3937416;
    Thanks for posting the comparison's Cupcakes! Where have you been?

Wow, how interesting it is to see that Ali looks the same way with both of her F2. They are obviously equal right now. I don't think she is feeling more for one than the other, yet.

I like this pic! Is he playing with her ear, lol?
    He is and it's so cute. I once had a boyfriend who did that and I could never get enough! It's such a sweet and tender way to show affection and obviously Ali is eating it up.

I agree that the pictures are identical, she's equally into both of them right now.

One thing I think is interesting to note is that with Roberto, they're already at the stage where she greets him with a kiss or easily leans over for a quick peck in the middle of things like you would a husband or boyfriend before work. She's also extremely physical with him in general, reaching up to get a hug from him like a child in front of the other guys, cuddling while talking to other people, etc.

With CL, they're still so awkward about showing physical affection. They hold hands and they will hug when it's appropriate but that's pretty much it. They also missed kisses with each other about 5 separate times throughout their date. One would lean in then chicken out and go for an awkward hug instead, then the other would try and also chicken out. Compare that with A/R, those two are like old pros right now.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Thanks for the pictures! So glad to finally compare, although they all look the same! =)

The only thing I have learned from these pictures is that Ali is the luckiest girl in the world....

Just a few of my thoughts on body language & chemistry with Ali and the F4 up to this point & with a few SC from the future. When judging chemistry and what level of intimacy a couple has gotten to I always like to look at certain things. Kissing, of course, how they are sitting (on a couch, bench, steps, etc.), on a bed, standing up, in public, and in private. My favorite position to judge kissing is when they are sitting anywhere in private & in public, especially in front of family. My least favorite, is when they are standing particularly in activity moments. My viewpoint on the chemistry & body language is based upon what has been shown up to this point in regards to where their relationship is now. When judging chemistry you always have to factor in the individuals personality and own affectionate nature. One on one dates of course can you the most info on which to judge chemistry just from a time perpective. However, I find sometimes the interaction between the couple on group dates and when others are around can sometimes in it's own way be more telling. Editing of course is always a factor. However, for me while you always keep in mind what you don't see due to editing what you do see stil tells. Chemistry is not totally dependant on seeing kissing, sensual moments. The level of chemistry can be seen and come from those innocuous moments together just hanging out. How you are physically then.

Ali
    She's an affectionate girl, very touchy-feely, loves to cuddle. She's an "awe" girl. When she hears a sad story, gets a compliment, gets gifts or something special, admires what soemone does she gets the look and says "awe". She often gives affection for that "awe" moment. She's sensitive to others feelings but, doesn't have a pokerface. If she has to hurts someone's feelings she likes she tries to let them down easy and if she doesn't have to hurt them right away she puts it off. When she's sick she gets more clingy. She's a romantic and affected by it. She shows affection easily and quickly and uses it as a barometer in romantic relationships.

Frank
    He is an affectionate person and very high and energy and excitement. he can be exuberant and a bit hyper. He generally gives affection easily. On their first date Ali felt attraction for him and showed him affection easily and he responded in kind. They quickly built a good intimacy level. it felt easy for her and she was attracted by his humor and he matched what she was looking for on paper. She's already attached to his personality & humor and reacts to it with affection. Greets with ready, hug, kiss on cheek, occasionally on mouth. Their SQT on the Lion King date was interesting. There was a comfort level there but, not what I would expect at this point and considering Frank's concerns. Yes, she offered him reassurance physically and verbally. She kissed him, hesitated because she was sick, and kissed him again. However, it was just that easy reassurance and the kind of "awe, your feeling left out" affection. She understand the place he's in 'cause she's been there. However, she also gave the similar reassurance to Craig are just without the physical element since they haven't reached that stage. I didn't see as much of the kind of joy of just cuddling and kissing with Frank that I did the 1st date. She was sick and I always factor that in. Plus, there were dueling umbrellas to deal with. It will be interesting to see where their chemistry goes particularly in Turkey on their next one-on-one date. Frank will be starting to pull away. Will Ali's affection be as it was on their 1st date, more or less. She has a comfort level with him but, does she have that intense physical attraction and emotional intensity?

Kirk
    He is an affectionate, caring person. They haven't had much time together. However, they were thrown into physical proximity early due to the BNL date. That eased the way into early physical imtimacy before having a date. They, kissed in the hot tub on the BNL date. She had her leg over his in the jacuzzi. However, I think that first kiss was spurred on by an "awe" moment over him expressing his feelings about what he felt in the video kiss and her need to affirm that for him. She is drawn to his energy and physically attracted to him. There chemistry jumped straight to the physical because of the video so that ease is there aand comfort level. She easily went to him for affection when she was sick and felt comfortable with him coming up to her room. however, when they were walking up to her room as sick as she was feeling and as clingy as she is she just held his hand. When they got to her bedroom, he got on the bed started rubbing her arm, and she caressed his arm back. Even though the covers separated them, there bodies were close. He caressed her hair and she easily responded to his kiss, proximity, and expression of emotion even though she was sick. She appreciated his physical comfort when she was sick and his nurturing nature. Later at the RC she expressed physically that appreciate and comfort level. She has a physical chemistry with him but, I'm not sure that she's seeking emotional affection through physical acts with him yet. Their 1st one-on-one date will show more their physical chemistry. There will be some increase due to th estory he will tell about his illness. But, will it progress past admiration, physical chemistry, and awe?

cont. next post
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 06-17-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Chris L
    He's an exhuberant, affectionate guy. He's the type to get excited and hyped up about things and wear his heart on his sleeves. Prior to their one on one date their physical affection was very tame. When they were at RC 's they talked Mass. and Flip cup. She hugged him in greeting, maybe a kiss on the cheek. While she has sat and talked with others before moving onto physical affection/cuddling, she usually does so fairly quickly. That wasn't seen over the first few RC's. There is the Frank jealousy hugging SC that's still up for debate. I'm not sure that's Chris L but, for the sake of it here I'll acknowledge that it's him and they are laid back hugging on the couch. They, laughed and high fived on the BNL date & Ali kissed his back at the director's instruction in the video. They sat at the wrap party in longers right up next to each other. Yet, their physical contact did not strongly increase even when discussing his mother. He at one point put his hand on her leg but essentially they were both on their own chairs with their torsos laying away from each other. They hadn't spent much time together at that point.

Next, is their one-on-one allowing for the fact that she was very sick early on in the date and still somewhat sick later in the date. When she greeted him she gave him the "awe" about the flowers and the one armed hug. When they sat on the couch he had his arm on her leg but, otherwise they were sitting across from each other. When he very emotionally told her the story of his mother's illness she barely gave him any affection. True she was drinking tea/soup.But, not a touch of the hand, rub of the shoulder, nothing. When they were in bed together, she was on her side laid back, not touching him, talking. He was leaning closer to her wanting to touch her. Even when she said she was feeling better her affection level didn't change. He reached and grasped her hand to thank her for going ahead with th eplans for the date in spite of her health. However, she stayed where she was and didn't come closer to him, even for a hug or anything. I know she's sick but that didn't preclude her response with Kirk. She and Kirk laid closer in the bed and she had no hesitancy in kissing him while sick. They held hands to get and she gave him 5 for getting a cab. When they were in the restaurant talking about his mom and rainbows she gave him the "awe" pouty face and a touch to the leg. During the father phone call she touched his arm and gave hug at the end of phone call. She played with her extensions removing loose hair in nervousness over talking to someone's dad. After, the phone call she felt more comfortable with him enough to fall into hug with him on restaraunt sofa. She felt in awe of his experience with his mother and the feelings she experienced between his family. She gave him the hug and the rose and took his hand to lead him upstairs. However, for someone who says she falls in love with guys with stories and given the emotional nature of the evening I expected a bit more. Especially, since she knows him better now and has an emotional connection to him through his story. I do think she felt grateful after hearing his mom's story for the evening and him being there away from his family. I'm still putting in some allowances for her being sick.

When, they went upstairs to see Joshua Radin she held his hand and the leaned up against him sideways as they watched Joshua. I want to bring up the SC from the premiere previews of Ali holding her hands up to her face a bit teary with Chris in front of her. I think these happened when they first came upstairs and saw Joshua before they started dancing or slightly after the first song. She was crying at having her dream fulfilled. There is a point when Joshua stopped before going into his second song where Ali was emotional crying and telling Joshua "Your my favorite!" The dancing was appropriate for the two different songs. Fun and flirty for "Brand New Day." Slow and close for "Streetlight". The two sets of kisses. Well, the first kiss was not great. She was doing the peck and pull. He, unfortunately was more aggressive and sucking and grasping on her chin. Bit of disconnect there. The second set of kisses were better. More fitting with the slow song and moment. Both sets of kisses were pecks. The last had more chemistry and more fitting. I think the date was affected alot by the atmosphere, event, and emotional day. However, Ali got closer to knowing Chris and their relationship progressed. The question is now will we see that progression in how they are with each other in the future. Will there physical interaction show progression befitting them moving from Mass. pals who could hang out in a bar, laugh and play flip cup to intensely romantic couple. There physical interaction should steadily increase and say surpass Ali & kirk's chemistry by the Portugal dates. You should be able to detect in RC moments and other innocuos moments an increased chemistry and romantic comfort level with each other. The next interaction will be key when not talking about mom and Ali is not sick. Physical intimacy and comfort level on FD & LCD after Frank debacle will truly be key.

Roberto
    He is laid back, affectionate guy. Ali & Roberto felt instant chemistry with each other. This was expressed in their first long hug on 1st night and in the way she rubbed his chest. She was nervous and shaky around him. He rubbed her arm for comfort. Roberto likes to talk with his hands, you'd think he was italian instead of puerto rican, lol. Second RC both very bashfull, ducking heads with compliments, and Ali's hand on his leg. One on one date, hugging in helicopter, and he's kissing her hands repeatedly. The end up in her favorite position spooned back hug in helicopter. Hugging upon learning of tightrope across buildings. Hugging after watching sunset, hopeful look in Ali's eyes.Someone said they didn't have eye contact during dinner, not true. They were eating so attention was diverted some to that. However, except when they both duck when they get bashfull at compliments, they looked at each other. When they are on the bed they are close with Ali using his arm as a pillow. She's playing with his other hand which she caress even slolwer as she talks about being able to tell how she can "be" with someone by how they cuddle. She giggles and hides her face in his arm as he tells how cute she can be and plays with her hand. There first kiss on bed(they kissed first on wire and again once they got off) was slow grasp kiss. She giggles and gives him rose and seals with slow kiss. They cuddle up close and finish with slow grasping kisses and caresses. This one-on-one closest to Frank's date with intimacy, bit more sensual. Bit of a different vibe.Greet at RC with long rocking hug. Sit on couch and automatically fall right into Ali's favorite back spooning hug except closer to full spoon because they both lay down on the sofa with some of leg on sofa. Ali has her hand grasping Roberto's inner thigh and snuggles in. Usually with others, Frank, Justin, she has to pull them into hug position and guys remain sitting. When she sits up so she can see Roberto's face to talk about Justin, she grasps his hand so she can continue holding it. She holds it 'til they are finished talking and they end conversation with a kiss.

Lion king date when Roberto sings to her Ali reaches out to him and moans. She's sick on this date. When rehearsing there is hand holding and hugging outside of choreography. In her dressing room she's sitting with her leg over his playing with him and holding his hand. Right before going on they are hugging and holding hands as they talk with other actors. When they come down from harness they are gazing into each others eyes, hugging and kiss. Someone pulls them off stage. It was only 3sec, but at the RC they walked straight into a long kiss with rocking hug. In just those 3sec it conveyed alot. They are greeting each other like they are a couple. Their physical level of intimacy, chemistry and comfort level is strong. The question will be will they maintain that level as time progresses and will it grow. I think the Portugal SC show they at least maintain th elevel of intimacy they've created. It wil be key to see what their level of intimacy and chemistry is after the Frank debacle and the FD & LCD.

just my thoughts...............

Nikkij, thanks so much for doing this. I love when someone can read body language and tell us what you see...

nikklj this is great! thank you for sharing with us!

I was wondering what you thought about how Roberto used to give hugs with his fists closed in the beginning but now he hugs her with palms open...

And I think you're definitely right about the instant chemistry and i think during their first meeting Roberto was feeling shaky as well, he had his hands in his pockets showing discomfort or nervousness and he was definitely feeling the chemistry since he glanced at her lips at least twice
    Last edited by emusha; 06-17-2010 at 01:31 AM.

nikkij, that was awesome! A great summary of what has been going on so far and you jogged my memory about some interactions I'd already forgotten!

One thing I can't figure out is why Roberto and Ali were instantly all over each other while CL and Ali were just barely getting there by the end of their date?

Does it have something to do with the guys? Or something to do with Ali? Is she the one who is making sure she and Roberto are as intimate as possible while staying away from CL? Or is Roberto more naturally aggressive with her while CL is moving at a slower pace?

I'm thinking it's because of Ali personally. Usually, when she wants a guy she'll moan and whine for his attention and put herself in his arms but I was wondering about everyone else's thoughts.

ETA: The same could be said for her interactions with Kirk. She and Kirk literally started in the middle of their relationship. They went from not having met to being borderline eff-buddies. She was completely tucked into his arms when he put her to bed, while far away from CL in bed the very next day. However, I'm assuming she has to like CL more than Kirk as he's F4.

So who's the aggressor in these situations? Ali? Or Kirk and Roberto?
    Last edited by Alanna; 06-17-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3937548;
    nikkij, that was awesome! A great summary of what has been going on so far and you jogged my memory about some interactions I'd already forgotten!

One thing I can't figure out is why Roberto and Ali were instantly all over each other while CL and Ali were just barely getting there by the end of their date?

Does it have something to do with the guys? Or something to do with Ali? Is she the one who is making sure she and Roberto are as intimate as possible while staying away from CL? Or is Roberto more naturally aggressive with her while CL is moving at a slower pace?

I'm thinking it's because of Ali because when she wants a guy she'll moan and whine for his attention and put herself in his arms but I was wondering about everyone else's thoughts.

ETA: The same could be said for her interactions with Kirk. She and Kirk literally started in the middle of their relationship. They went from not having met to being borderline eff-buddies. She completely tucked into his arms when he put her to bed while far away from CL the next day, yet I'm assuming she has to like CL more than Kirk as he's F4.

So who's the aggressor in these situations? Ali? Or Kirk and Roberto?

I don't think I would call Roberto aggressive. I just think he's affectionate, alot of Latin men culturally are. I think Ali felt a certain ease, and comfort level with him right away. Plus, she's greatly attracted to him, it's natural for her and him.

When I think of Chris L I feel they kind of started out like he was a guy she'd run into and hang out with at a local pub and play bar games with, laugh and have a good time. Then, learning about his mother and family she came to see him as a good solid guy and was in awe of is sacrifice and the love in his family. However, they really weren't on a romantic level 'til the end of their date. Some of that was because she was sick, but alot of it was not. I also think the setting and music added to the romantic nature of the date. When your in a dream romantic setting being sung love songs you've dreamed about by your favorite artist you wantto get romantic with somebody. I think that lent to them getting romantic. The question is will that romance progress when she's not sick? Was she ready for their romantic intimacy to progress at that point. If she was then she be able to see it immediately in their next alone interaction. They should be more intimate than previous encounters even ina non-kissing moment. They essentially all day together with no one around. The bedroom itself was very intimate.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3937501;
    Chris L
    He's an exhuberant, affectionate guy. He's the type to get excited and hyped up about things and wear his heart on his sleeves. Prior to their one on one date their physical affection was very tame. When they were at RC 's they talked Mass. and Flip cup. She hugged him in greeting, maybe a kiss on the cheek. While she has sat and talked with others before moving onto physical affection/cuddling, she usually does so fairly quickly. That wasn't seen over the first few RC's. There is the Frank jealousy hugging SC that's still up for debate. I'm not sure that's Chris L but, for the sake of it here I'll acknowledge that it's him and they are laid back hugging on the couch. They, laughed and high fived on the BNL date & Ali kissed his back at the director's instruction in the video. They sat at the wrap party in longers right up next to each other. Yet, their physical contact did not strongly increase even when discussing his mother. He at one point put his hand on her leg but essentially they were both on their own chairs with their torsos laying away from each other. They hadn't spent much time together at that point.

Next, is their one-on-one allowing for the fact that she was very sick early on in the date and still somewhat sick later in the date. When she greeted him she gave him the "awe" about the flowers and the one armed hug. When they sat on the couch he had his arm on her leg but, otherwise they were sitting across from each other. When he very emotionally told her the story of his mother's illness she barely gave him any affection. True she was drinking tea/soup.But, not a touch of the hand, rub of the shoulder, nothing. When they were in bed together, she was on her side laid back, not touching him, talking. He was leaning closer to her wanting to touch her. Even when she said she was feeling better her affection level didn't change. He reached and grasped her hand to thank her for going ahead with th eplans for the date in spite of her health. However, she stayed where she was and didn't come closer to him, even for a hug or anything. I know she's sick but that didn't preclude her response with Kirk. She and Kirk laid closer in the bed and she had no hesitancy in kissing him while sick. They held hands to get and she gave him 5 for getting a cab. When they were in the restaurant talking about his mom and rainbows she gave him the "awe" pouty face and a touch to the leg. During the father phone call she touched his arm and gave hug at the end of phone call. She played with her extensions removing loose hair in nervousness over talking to someone's dad. After, the phone call she felt more comfortable with him enough to fall into hug with him on restaraunt sofa. She felt in awe of his experience with his mother and the feelings she experienced between his family. She gave him the hug and the rose and took his hand to lead him upstairs. However, for someone who says she falls in love with guys with stories and given the emotional nature of the evening I expected a bit more. Especially, since she knows him better now and has an emotional connection to him through his story. I do think she felt grateful after hearing his mom's story for the evening and him being there away from his family. I'm still putting in some allowances for her being sick.

When, they went upstairs to see Joshua Radin she held his hand and the leaned up against him sideways as they watched Joshua. I want to bring up the SC from the premiere previews of Ali holding her hands up to her face a bit teary with Chris in front of her. I think these happened when they first came upstairs and saw Joshua before they started dancing or slightly after the first song. She was crying at having her dream fulfilled. There is a point when Joshua stopped before going into his second song where Ali was emotional crying and telling Joshua "Your my favorite!" The dancing was appropriate for the two different songs. Fun and flirty for "Brand New Day." Slow and close for "Streetlight". The two sets of kisses. Well, the first kiss was not great. She was doing the peck and pull. He, unfortunately was more aggressive and sucking and grasping on her chin. Bit of disconnect there. The second set of kisses were better. More fitting with the slow song and moment. Both sets of kisses were pecks. The last had more chemistry and more fitting. I think the date was affected alot by the atmosphere, event, and emotional day. However, Ali got closer to knowing Chris and their relationship progressed. The question is now will we see that progression in how they are with each other in the future. Will there physical interaction show progression befitting them moving from Mass. pals who could hang out in a bar, laugh and play flip cup to intensely romantic couple. There physical interaction should steadily increase and say surpass Ali & kirk's chemistry by the Portugal dates. You should be able to detect in RC moments and other innocuos moments an increased chemistry and romantic comfort level with each other. The next interaction will be key when not talking about mom and Ali is not sick. Physical intimacy and comfort level on FD & LCD after Frank debacle will truly be key.

Roberto
    He is laid back, affectionate guy. Ali & Roberto felt instant chemistry with each other. This was expressed in their first long hug on 1st night and in the way she rubbed his chest. She was nervous and shaky around him. He rubbed her arm for comfort. Roberto likes to talk with his hands, you'd think he was italian instead of puerto rican, lol. Second RC both very bashfull, ducking heads with compliments, and Ali's hand on his leg. One on one date, hugging in helicopter, and he's kissing her hands repeatedly. The end up in her favorite position spooned back hug in helicopter. Hugging upon learning of tightrope across buildings. Hugging after watching sunset, hopeful look in Ali's eyes.Someone said they didn't have eye contact during dinner, not true. They were eating so attention was diverted some to that. However, except when they both duck when they get bashfull at compliments, they looked at each other. When they are on the bed they are close with Ali using his arm as a pillow. She's playing with his other hand which she caress even slolwer as she talks about being able to tell how she can "be" with someone by how they cuddle. She giggles and hides her face in his arm as he tells how cute she can be and plays with her hand. There first kiss on bed(they kissed first on wire and again once they got off) was slow grasp kiss. She giggles and gives him rose and seals with slow kiss. They cuddle up close and finish with slow grasping kisses and caresses. This one-on-one closest to Frank's date with intimacy, bit more sensual. Bit of a different vibe.Greet at RC with long rocking hug. Sit on couch and automatically fall right into Ali's favorite back spooning hug except closer to full spoon because they both lay down on the sofa with some of leg on sofa. Ali has her hand grasping Roberto's inner thigh and snuggles in. Usually with others, Frank, Justin, she has to pull them into hug position and guys remain sitting. When she sits up so she can see Roberto's face to talk about Justin, she grasps his hand so she can continue holding it. She holds it 'til they are finished talking and they end conversation with a kiss.

Lion king date when Roberto sings to her Ali reaches out to him and moans. She's sick on this date. When rehearsing there is hand holding and hugging outside of choreography. In her dressing room she's sitting with her leg over his playing with him and holding his hand. Right before going on they are hugging and holding hands as they talk with other actors. When they come down from harness they are gazing into each others eyes, hugging and kiss. Someone pulls them off stage. It was only 3sec, but at the RC they walked straight into a long kiss with rocking hug. In just those 3sec it conveyed alot. They are greeting each other like they are a couple. Their physical level of intimacy, chemistry and comfort level is strong. The question will be will they maintain that level as time progresses and will it grow. I think the Portugal SC show they at least maintain th elevel of intimacy they've created. It wil be key to see what their level of intimacy and chemistry is after the Frank debacle and the FD & LCD.

just my thoughts...............

Very, very accurate. You did a really good job.

Quote Originally Posted by asim;3936956;
    I think that was because she was sick and he wasn't sure she wanted to kiss but, they got the hang of it. I don't think that will happen again
    LOVE your post!
    Also loved the way Chris locked his hands around Ali's waist and pulled her close!