Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;4012313;
    Ali is always dressed up sexy for Roberto and with Chris she is much more casual. One might think this is b/c she cares for Roberto more, but I think it is because she is more comfortable with Chris - she doesn't have to impress him and she can just be herself.

Portugal: Roberto - VERY short skirt and tank; Chris - Jeans, shirt with tank, and tennis shoes

FD part 1: Roberto - yellow top with see through tank and pants; Chris - shirt and skirt cover-up

FD part 2: Roberto - low cut, very bare mini skirt and hair done; Chris - casual pants and top - hair not styled at all (this was a real time saver so they could have more time together)
    Ali dresses up for Roberto because she wants to please him and surprise him since he is all about pleasing and surprising her. As an athlete, everyday on this show is game day to Roberto. He is not so much about entertaining the guys, but saves his energy for entertaining Ali. It is all about her.

Chris is more of a guys' guy. He jokes for the camera and performs in the PIs, but he is the most under-dressed and depressing when he is around Ali. She said that he makes her laugh, but we never see that. When she is with him, she has to dress down to his level otherwise it would look even more awkward than it actually appears and why waste all that effort on someone who wouldn't appreciate it.
    Last edited by blasie; 07-29-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;4012342;
    Ali dresses up for Roberto because she wants to please him and surprise him since he is all about pleasing and surprising her. As an athlete, everyday on this show is game day to Roberto. He is not so much about entertaining the guys, but saves his energy for entertaining Ali. It is all about her.

Chris is more of a guys' guy. He jokes for the camera and performs in the PIs, but he is the most under-dressed and depressing when he is around Ali. She said that he makes her laugh, but we never see that. When she is with him, she has to dress down to his level otherwise it would look even more awkward than it actually appears and why waste all that effort on someone who wouldn't appreciate it.
    I'm honestly shocked you think this. I understand having your own opinions and everyone is welcome to them but how to argue something we see onscreen?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4012302;
    You had said this before and although I was on the fence, I tend to agree with this now although I hate the thought that Chris was ever anyone's F3 for any reason whatsoever. But it can't be argued that if Ed wasn't there, Reid would have been the F1. Now the "questionable" F1 like Ed is gone, so shouldn't the "Reid" character get the girl? Normally, I'd say in that case NO ONE gets the girl because Frank left so late in the game.

The media and promo campaign is too weird for me to go with the no-pick though. I'm sticking with Chris and I'm going out on a limb and saying he was only the pretend F3 in regards to editing but always the F1. If I'm wrong, at least I'm rooting for the one I like most
    you're right... he was the pretend f3 until it was safe for the pretend f1 to leave. Frank held and protected Chris' position until Chris was able to show Ali what she needed. The magical chicken soup, the magical date seeing Joshua Radin... it all came together then, and then just continued to grow. At that point, Frank began the f3 slide and Chris began to shine as f1. We can all see that Chris is holding his own after the HTD with Ali. Bye bye Frankie... see you on the other side!

Now that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;4012313;
    Ali is always dressed up sexy for Roberto and with Chris she is much more casual. One might think this is b/c she cares for Roberto more, but I think it is because she is more comfortable with Chris - she doesn't have to impress him and she can just be herself.

Portugal: Roberto - VERY short skirt and tank; Chris - Jeans, shirt with tank, and tennis shoes

FD part 1: Roberto - yellow top with see through tank and pants; Chris - shirt and skirt cover-up

FD part 2: Roberto - low cut, very bare mini skirt and hair done; Chris - casual pants and top - hair not styled at all (this was a real time saver so they could have more time together)
    And doesn't this go right in line with what Ali said to the guy from In Touch when she got to NYC? She told the camera (during her time with the In Touch guy)... "Clothes intimated me a little bit and there's a lot of them here. To be honest, if I could be in any outfit of my choosing, I'd be in sneakers, jeans and a loose t-shirt, but that's not going to cut it in NY"

I think one of the warmest moments was when Chris L told Ali that he "really" saw forever with her and she replied with the cutest (it was that elated feeling that you get when you're pleasantly surprised) "really?"

idk if anyone else got that impression? I remember speaking like that to my DH when he first told me he liked me...awe...ok I'm over it.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4012369;
    I think one of the warmest moments was when Chris L told Ali that he "really" saw forever with her and she replied with the cutest (it was that elated feeling that you get when you're pleasantly surprised) "really?"

idk if anyone else got that impression? I remember speaking like that to my DH when he first told me he liked me...awe...ok I'm over it.
    She was positively glowing. It was such a sweet reaction from her and then playing with her fingertips? Yeah, I'm staying on this bicycle till the end.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4012349;
    I'm honestly shocked you think this. I understand having your own opinions and everyone is welcome to them but how to argue something we see onscreen?
    I see ZERO chemistry between Ali and Chris, so much so that it makes me cringe when they are together.

I am unable to understand what you are trying to say in your second sentence. Are you saying that I am able to state my observations, but how could I possibly think I see something other than what you say you see?

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4012382;
    She was positively glowing. It was such a sweet reaction from her and then playing with her fingertips? Yeah, I'm staying on this bicycle till the end.
    Yes, that too! she looked like she was trying really hard to keep from doing the happy dance.
    Almost as if she couldn't beleive he was saying that to her.

Also when he was reading the FS card from CH, I like how she kissed him randomly... I MEAN, COMMON! She's fallen for him. No doubt in my mind!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;4012390;
    I see ZERO chemistry between Ali and Chris, so much so that it makes me cringe when they are together.

I am unable to understand what you are trying to say in your second sentence. Are you saying that I am able to state my observations, but how could I possibly think I see something other than what you say you see?
    I'm talking about what I bolded that Ali says Chris makes her laugh but we never see it.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4012396;
    Yes, that too! she looked like she was trying really hard to keep from doing the happy dance.
    Almost as if she couldn't beleive he was saying that to her.

Also when he was reading the FS card from CH, I like how she kissed him randomly... I MEAN, COMMON! She's fallen for him. No doubt in my mind!
    I was waiting for her to jump him right then and there!