Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Here's to you;4012142;
    JMO, of course, but I don't think Ali should be making a decision about being engaged or marrying either one at this point. She was so "into" Chris at the FD and couldn't get enough of his compliments, affection, or kisses. She didn't stop him when he started laying his heart on the line. Usually you can tell that they are closing up on F2 and just going through the motions. She was very close to Chris, touching, kissing, teasing and receptive to his kisses. The next day how could she be totally in love with Roberto? I just don't understand it. Imagine when Roberto sees this footage!
    That's why it's so hard to believe she would let Chris go early. It's a complete 180, but it is post-Frank, and who knows what's going through her head.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

The only doubt I have re: Ali's reaction to Chris is whether she's in love with him, or loves his unequivocal expressions of devotion. They must be a balm to her wounded ego. Doesn't mean she doesn't love him - enjoying his openness of heart and affection is not mutually exclusive with loving him for him.... but her insecurity does make me wonder. I do remember someone in my life who was so very open with his appreciation of me, warts and all, that I couldn't but enjoy his company. But I didn't want to marry him. But Ali seems to know herself pretty well, if CH is to be believed - an overanalyzer - so I guess she'll do what really feels right to her...

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;4012183;
    The only doubt I have re: Ali's reaction to Chris is whether she's in love with him, or loves his unequivocal expressions of devotion. They must be a balm to her wounded ego. Doesn't mean she doesn't love him - enjoying his openness of heart and affection is not mutually exclusive with loving him for him.... but her insecurity does make me wonder. I do remember someone in my life who was so very open with his appreciation of me, warts and all, that I couldn't but enjoy his company. But I didn't want to marry him. But Ali seems to know herself pretty well, if CH is to be believed - an overanalyzer - so I guess she'll do what really feels right to her...
    I agree. In the end, she's going to be with the one who makes her feel the most loved, cherished, and happiest, whoever he is.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4011969;
    Alanna- add me to brain sharing list, b/c I couldn't agree more!!

I relate to how comfortable Ali seems with Chris b/c that's how I felt when I met my hubby. Before him I always felt like I wasn't good enough for the guys I was with, which Ali has expressed feeling with Roberto.

I think Roberto turned me off on night 1 with the salsa dancing. I'm sure he was very genuine about it, but I don't go for that cheesy stuff. I prefer the goofy spontaneously sweet stuff Chris does. When he told her he could see forever with her you could tell it was not planned, it was just something that he couldn't hold in anymore. Of course that's JMO, but it's probably affecting my viewpoint.

However I can see both sides if the argument, and I'm often wrong about these things. I feel like Roberto fans are getting a little irritated with Chris fans so I just want to say that I don't begrudge the Roberto fans for seeing it the way you do. If he wins her heart I'll be happy that you guys and Ali got your love story, I'll just be sad that I missed out on it

Aaawwww!!

I love it when the board can come together & just sleuth. I haven't had a fav for the last few seasons, but usually find myself taking up for the underdog on the board.

I didn't see a strong connection between Ali & Chris until the FD. I still didn't see as much as between A & R, but I saw it. We finally have 2 great F2s, yet it seems the board is in as much, if not more, turmoil as it was during Jillian's or Jason's season.

At the end of the day, it's Ali's choice & only Ali & the guys truly know the relationship they had with one another. We can analyze SCs, VOs & body language til the cows come home, but we're only going to see what TPTB show us. After Monday night, life goes on, whether Ali picked one or neither. We'll get back to our lives & get to know our loved ones, pets, & friends again....at least for a couple of months before we start all over again.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;4012282;
    Aaawwww!!

I love it when the board can come together & just sleuth. I haven't had a fav for the last few seasons, but usually find myself taking up for the underdog on the board.

I didn't see a strong connection between Ali & Chris until the FD. I still didn't see as much as between A & R, but I saw it. We finally have 2 great F2s, yet it seems the board is in as much, if not more, turmoil as it was during Jillian's or Jason's season.

At the end of the day, it's Ali's choice & only Ali & the guys truly know the relationship they had with one another. We can analyze SCs, VOs & body language til the cows come home, but we're only going to see what TPTB show us. After Monday night, life goes on, whether Ali picked one or neither. We'll get back to our lives & get to know our loved ones, pets, & friends again....at least for a couple of months before we start all over again.
    I love this, and its so true, all my friends keep asking when I'm going to be "available" again!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4011989;
    ITA with the bold. I do like Roberto and if he and Ali are together, I wouldn't be upset at all. Surprised that I was Fleissed once more but not upset. I don't really "see" their love story whatsoever, but he really is sweet and so good to her. The nose stroke, holding her when she's scared, giving her comfort, rubbing her back during the Justin thing, calling her beautiful, not letting her fall in the castle in Portugal, the commentary on the HTD how we didn't want to leave her alone when she was scared, all those things are ADORABLE and totally melt me.

If there was no Chris, I'd be so on the Roberto trained, you wouldn't be able to pry me off of it. But unfortunately for my inner Roberto fan, Chris does exist.
    I have said it before, and continue to say it... Just like Reid. If Ed had not come back, you might have seen the beloved f3 get the girl... but Ed did come back.

Frank is not coming back... we have video proof of his infidelity and lack of worrying about her thinking and journey.

Some fairy-tales you don't believe... and then they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4012293;
    I have said it before, and continue to say it... Just like Reid. If Ed had not come back, you might have seen the beloved f3 get the girl... but Ed did come back.

Frank is not coming back... we have video proof of his infidelity and lack of worrying about her thinking and journey.

Some fairy-tales you don't believe... and then they happen.
    You had said this before and although I was on the fence, I tend to agree with this now although I hate the thought that Chris was ever anyone's F3 for any reason whatsoever. But it can't be argued that if Ed wasn't there, Reid would have been the F1. Now the "questionable" F1 like Ed is gone, so shouldn't the "Reid" character get the girl? Normally, I'd say in that case NO ONE gets the girl because Frank left so late in the game.

The media and promo campaign is too weird for me to go with the no-pick though. I'm sticking with Chris and I'm going out on a limb and saying he was only the pretend F3 in regards to editing but always the F1. If I'm wrong, at least I'm rooting for the one I like most
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular

Ali is always dressed up sexy for Roberto and with Chris she is much more casual. One might think this is b/c she cares for Roberto more, but I think it is because she is more comfortable with Chris - she doesn't have to impress him and she can just be herself.

Portugal: Roberto - VERY short skirt and tank; Chris - Jeans, shirt with tank, and tennis shoes

FD part 1: Roberto - yellow top with see through tank and pants; Chris - shirt and skirt cover-up

FD part 2: Roberto - low cut, very bare mini skirt and hair done; Chris - casual pants and top - hair not styled at all (this was a real time saver so they could have more time together)

wannawin2nite, Chris is all over her, why style her hair when he's just going to mess it up??

PS: I'm just teasing Team Roberto, I know Roberto is all over her too
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;4012313;
    Ali is always dressed up sexy for Roberto and with Chris she is much more casual. One might think this is b/c she cares for Roberto more, but I think it is because she is more comfortable with Chris - she doesn't have to impress him and she can just be herself.

Portugal: Roberto - VERY short skirt and tank; Chris - Jeans, shirt with tank, and tennis shoes

FD part 1: Roberto - yellow top with see through tank and pants; Chris - shirt and skirt cover-up

FD part 2: Roberto - low cut, very bare mini skirt and hair done; Chris - casual pants and top - hair not styled at all (this was a real time saver so they could have more time together)
    I feel like Ali is very aware of who her two men are, so she dresses and acts accordingly. With Roberto she has admitted in interveiws he is the better dresser, therefore Ali tends to dress alittle more girly/differently/appropriately for her man. With Chris he is a jeans an T kinda guy, therefore she dresses alittle more tom boyish/ but in a cutesy kinda way to appease him.

However with most all women I know and speaking from my past experiences with the men i have dated, i will say when i dated a guy i was truly into , depending on the occassion we dressed the part. When we are at home or just hanging out at quick movie, we dressed causual jeans/ sweats and t shirt and let our hair down so to speak ....if we went out for dinner and dancing then we both dressed alittle more sexy, looked alittle more put together etc. JMO