Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3996799;
    Wow, Chris looks like he is in heaven here and Ali looks like she has goosebumps

The hair on her arms is standing up hard core...lol
    Proud Member Of Team Sean Lowe and Team Chris Lambton

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3996797;
    One possibility is she feels intimidated because he gives her butterflies in her stomach, she really is infatuated by him, however, that's not Roberto's fault.

Roberto hasn't taken her on a rollercoaster ride like Frank has. He hasn't complained or demand anything of her. So far he's been honest and has opened up to her. Why wouldn't she want to choose him in the end if he's the one who gives her that "feeling." She did say he makes her feel safe.
    Beagle... I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, but when did this happen?? He told her about his mom and dad still being together on the meet and greet night. He told her about English being his second language on his first 1/1 night, correct? We heard him tell her that his dad was firm or something like that and that his mom was passive, she didn't like conflict. But... what else have we heard from him. When she asked what kind of food did him mom cook, he answered some Spanish dishes he didn't know the name??? The most emotional thing I have heard him say to Ali this whole shoe is when he told Ali he was falling in love with her. But just before that she had to ask if he saw them together in all this... and his answer was like of course I do, other wise I wouldn't be here??? what kind of answer is that to a girl who is asking you to give her a reason to keep you there.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3996802;
    Shrugged shoulders generally indicates that a person doesn't know or doesn't have an answer. It also indicates that a person is sorry, but there is nothing they can do. When you add a lip bite to that it kind of makes the smile more unsure.
    The shoulder shrug can indicate excitement - hidden - actual - or implied - and the lip bite is a form of flirting
    Last edited by Capegal; 07-22-2010 at 01:01 AM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3996804;
    I wish I knew how to take SCs because Ali shrugging her shoulders when Chris gave her the bracelet in Portugal isn't a situation where she is "sorry but there is nothing [she] can do."
    It most certainly could be.

From the M&G to the FD Ali and Roberto have been speaking a body language like I have never seen on this show. Every moment they're together, they are dancing, even when they're not. He dresses up for her, she returns the favor and he tells her how beautiful she looks. They exchange looks that say way more than any trite VO.

Whether or not Roberto is F1 can in no way diminish anything we have seen or heard. They have sweetest manner towards each other and in the last episode Roberto looked like he had never fallen so deeply for a woman and the fact that he wasn't the only man in her life was causing tremendous anguish.

The SC of Chris and Ali rolling in the grass shows all the romance of a couple of whales mating.
    Last edited by blasie; 07-22-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Add text

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3996801;
    I agree it's not his fault but I'm putting myself in her place so that's most likely clouding my judgment here if I'm wrong.

I'm remembering an ex who was gorgeous and perfect and how I felt with him- totally intimidated all the time. In the end it was [obviously] not meant to be but I remember the feeling quite well and put simply, it sucks. With the amount of times Ali has repeated and questioned how/why Roberto can possibly be into her, I have to project on her and say what she's feeling isn't good or positive or happy.

Maybe I'm wrong, they've worked past it and are now happy and engaged. Although a Roberto F1 doesn't make any sense to me both in regards to behaviors, edits, etc. I wouldn't mind a happy Ali engaged to Roberto at the end of this. He's a great, amazing guy and the nose tweaks and cuddles are too cute with them.
    I don't think the show wants it to make sense to you or the rest of the viewers. I've seen it discussed here many times, the fan/poll/darling/loved one hasn't been F1 for awhile (you've even mentioned that). If she picked Roberto, i'm positive it made sense to her, shouldn't that be all that matters? Then again, the viewers become invested and when we feel like we know better than the lead, you know what happens. "She's such a fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3996814;
    I don't think the show wants it to make sense to you or the rest of the viewers. I've seen it discussed here many times, the fan/poll/darling/loved one hasn't been F1 for awhile (you've even mentioned that). If she picked Roberto, i'm positive it made sense to her, shouldn't that be all that matters? Then again, the viewers become invested and when we feel like we know better than the lead, you know what happens. "She's such a fool!"
    Yeah, absolutely. The fanfavorite hasn't won since Andy/Tessa. But Roberto's edit is getting ready to punch me in the face screaming physical/chemistry F2 with nothing else there.

So yeah, this season's SENSELESS to me. The only thing I can guess is that TPTB have given up because there's a no pick and they just don't care anymore.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3996806;
    Beagle... I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, but when did this happen?? He told her about his mom and dad still being together on the meet and greet night. He told her about English being his second language on his first 1/1 night, correct? We heard him tell her that his dad was firm or something like that and that his mom was passive, she didn't like conflict. But... what else have we heard from him. When she asked what kind of food did him mom cook, he answered some Spanish dishes he didn't know the name??? The most emotional thing I have heard him say to Ali this whole shoe is when he told Ali he was falling in love with her. But just before that she had to ask if he saw them together in all this... and his answer was like of course I do, other wise I wouldn't be here??? what kind of answer is that to a girl who is asking you to give her a reason to keep you there.
    The reluctance that Roberto has shown exposing anything below the surface about himself and his feelings about Ali, as illustrated in your post, is the big red flag to me that he can't be F1. His 'I'm falling in love with you' at the FD dinner appeared physically painful for him to say. He almost didn't get it out. I think it's all just going too fast emotionally for Roberto. He's OK with being fast physically, in fact that detracts from having to go deep emotionally, but he's not ready for the deep emotional connection that Ali needs at this point, and that TPTB need for him to declare since it's the FD episode, and he'll be expected to be ready to propose in just a few days.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3996816;
    Yeah, absolutely. The fanfavorite hasn't won since Andy/Tessa.

But Roberto's edit is getting ready to punch me in the face screaming physical/chemistry F2.

So yeah, this seasons is SENSELESS to me. The only thing I can guess is that TPTB have given up because there's a no pick and they just don't care anymore.
    You know, I'm with you here. Depending on the mood of the board, there are days where I think she picked someone and the next, I snap back into reality and realize that maybe she just didn't pick anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3996801;
    I agree it's not his fault but I'm putting myself in her place so that's most likely clouding my judgment here if I'm wrong.

I'm remembering an ex who was gorgeous and perfect and how I felt with him- totally intimidated all the time. In the end it was [obviously] not meant to be but I remember the feeling quite well and put simply, it sucks. With the amount of times Ali has repeated and questioned how/why Roberto can possibly be into her, I have to project on her and say what she's feeling isn't good or positive or happy.

Maybe I'm wrong, they've worked past it and are now happy and engaged. Although a Roberto F1 doesn't make any sense to me both in regards to behaviors, edits, etc. I wouldn't mind a happy Ali engaged to Roberto at the end of this. He's a great, amazing guy and the nose tweaks and cuddles are too cute with them
    Before I met my husband I dated a guy for a year that was cute and a really nice person. My parents really liked him, but to me there was always something missing. I didn't feel a real spark with him. Then I met my husband and the whole butterflies and sweaty palms started happening and I never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3996819;
    The reluctance that Roberto has shown exposing anything below the surface about himself and his feelings about Ali, as illustrated in your post, is the big red flag to me that he can't be F1. His 'I'm falling in love with you' at the FD dinner appeared physically painful for him to say. He almost didn't get it out. I think it's all just going too fast emotionally for Roberto. He's OK with being fast physically, in fact that detracts from having to go deep emotionally, but he's not ready for the deep emotional connection that Ali needs at this point, and that TPTB need for him to declare since it's the FD episode, and he'll be expected to be ready to propose in just a few days.
    ITA. I was so uncomfortable and so was poor Ali. I don't think it's a good sign that when a man is trying to tell you he loves you, it's painful for him and you feel scared or nervous listening to him. That's not a happy or good place emotionally to be. Especially for Ali, who always feels unloved. It was like pulling teeth listening to him saying that to her. Goodness me, Ed said it easier to Jillian. That speaks volumes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    Before I met my husband I dated a guy for a year that was cute and a really nice person. My parents really liked him, but to me there was always something missing. I didn't feel a real spark with him. Then I met my husband and the whole butterflies and sweaty palms started happening and I never looked back.
    But that's the thing- that's exactly Chris' arc which Ali and TPTB so nicely laid out for us with the perfectly placed oysters filled with pearls. Heck, they included PIs just in case we were feeling really dumb that day and didn't grasp what was happening. They started with the emotional but the physical has now caught up- they were slow to develop but give it time and it turns into something really beautiful. Of course, it's until she smashes his heart to smithereens in the next 4-5 days.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City