Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 940

Thread: Body Language Analysis

  1. #491
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3996728;
    Her whole behavior with Chris is just weird since I don't think he's the F1. The way he talks it's like she's his and they're together. He knew he was getting a HTD in Ep2 (or 3?), she told his dad she'd see him soon, they picked out wine for the family together, they've discussed multiple times where they're going to live and what to do, she baby talks with him, she whispers to him, among other cutesy things I don't see with the other men or Roberto.

    The self-hug is only with Chris too. She's does it all the time- especially noticeable during their Portugal date and then at the RC. BTW, your story just made my eyes well up, latergator, I am truly sorry for your loss and I'm so happy you were happy with your love before he passed.
    BTW, Alanna, I enjoy your posts. I think you are very reasonable and strive to be as objective as possible. My take on ALi crying is that RM was trying to spit out his feelings and ALi looked worried like she didn't know what he was going to say. I think she was getting worried that he would drop a bomb like Justin did. RM reassured her that what he was going to say was good because he noticed that she looked worried.. maybe she was preparing for the worst.. hence the tear but then was happy about what RM said.

  2. #492
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3996695;
    Absolutely... her reaction with Chris was different. It was almost as if she knew she would hear this and was looking forward to hearing him say it. She knows how Chris feels about her... Again I need to go back and count the times she says love in relation to Chris. She never pulled far enough back to let us even get that many clear pictures of her face, but I did manage to grab one capture where I could get a clear picture of her face before they started kissing again.



    now to touch on what someone mentioned earlier, about Ali giving herself a little hug after she gave Chris his rose (it's happened a few times before this episode)... have not one of us never been thrilled or excited enough to have shiver run up our spine. I can even to this day, say my husbands name, and have that happen and he's been gone almost 15 years now.
    This is my opinion on this as well. Also, if you notice when he tells her as long as I'm with you I don't care where we live or something like that, she does it again but very, very subtle. She kind of tingles (for lack of a better word) or something, like she just loved the fact that he said that. I think that's good, positive body language, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how she and Chris have come along. It is getting better each time. Just wanted to add, thanks for sharing that bit of your story. It's very touching and I really enjoy your analysis fwiw.
    Last edited by Luvvy; 07-22-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

  3. #493
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;3996744;
    BTW, Alanna, I enjoy your posts. I think you are very reasonable and strive to be as objective as possible. My take on ALi crying is that RM was trying to spit out his feelings and ALi looked worried like she didn't know what he was going to say. I think she was getting worried that he would drop a bomb like Justin did. RM reassured her that what he was going to say was good because he noticed that she looked worried.. maybe she was preparing for the worst.. hence the tear but then was happy about what RM said.
    Thank you. I am trying. I think Roberto is a nice, good guy and I think she does like him a lot. But I feel like I really am seeing her as being in love with Chris and never doubting that he wouldn't be there at the end- hoping in Portugal that the next few weeks they'd progress to a really serious point. Was she thinking proposal? Weirdness.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #494
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3996622;
    I can see Ali's eyes fill somewhat when Roberto finally gets it out that he is falling in love with her. I think it totally took her by surprise, and she was touched. This is the guy she never would have even approached in real life, she told him that. I also think that hearing him say this put pressure on her about who she was wanting to meet her parents. For us as viewers... this was the first bit of emotional stuff that we have seen her and Roberto go thru. And it was emotional. If he was indeed f1 I would have expected to see something like this type of connection earlier... but instead Roberto flatlined and went missing in Iceland and Turkey, and his story has stayed at the physical spark, but what else is there???

    It saddened me that Ali had to ask him to get him started, and had to explain that sometimes she needed feedback (paraphrasing here)... but it was touching that he finally opened up. I felt as proud of him as if he were my own

    I still feel that if Frank had not pulled out, it would have been Chris and Frank, with Frank f2.
    I'm with you... although it is great that we are seeing some good stuff to support the Roberto camp. If he shockingly becomes Final 1, at least we have a taste of what has been left on the editor's floor.

    Hey! I'm game for each of these theories...

    theory #1 (making Roberto fans happy): she is crying because she's in love with Roberto
    theory #2: she is crying because she's flattered and surprised
    theory #3: she is crying because she may hurt Roberto later... although the smile suggests otherwise
    theory #4: she is sweating, not crying (Roberto too)
    theory #5: we are looking at hair

    Bottom line: In the next date, when she says "I love when you giggle. It's so cute!", I'm afraid poor Roberto is not at the top of her mind.

  5. #495
    FORT Fogey mnmhughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;3996744;
    BTW, Alanna, I enjoy your posts. I think you are very reasonable and strive to be as objective as possible. My take on ALi crying is that RM was trying to spit out his feelings and ALi looked worried like she didn't know what he was going to say. I think she was getting worried that he would drop a bomb like Justin did. RM reassured her that what he was going to say was good because he noticed that she looked worried.. maybe she was preparing for the worst.. hence the tear but then was happy about what RM said.
    Why did she get scared all of a sudden? Is it due to her insecurities with him? So, after having her worst fears realized with Frank, she's going to garner the courage to go after the guy she has always felt was too good for her?

    It just doesn't make sense due to the edit. I have never seen her look scared, worried, etc. with Chris. She always looks peaceful, blissful, etc.

  6. #496
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3996757;
    I'm with you... although it is great that we are seeing some good stuff to support the Roberto camp. If he shockingly becomes Final 1, at least we have a taste of what has been left on the editor's floor.

    Hey! I'm game for each of these theories...

    theory #1 (making Roberto fans happy): she is crying because she's in love with Roberto
    theory #2: she is crying because she's flattered and surprised
    theory #3: she is crying because she may hurt Roberto later... although the smile suggests otherwise
    theory #4: she is sweating, not crying (Roberto too)
    theory #5: we are looking at hair

    Bottom line: In the next date, when she says "I love when you giggle. It's so cute!", I'm afraid poor Roberto is not at the top of her mind.
    This is also true. She refers to "loving" something about Chris all the time.
    JBF, I know you probably don't know this off the top of your head but since you're the expert around here, how many times has she said she 'loves' something or other about one of the men? Because now that I've mentioned it, I really think she only has said it about Chris but maybe I'm just forgetting about Roberto.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  7. #497
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3996758;
    Why did she get scared all of a sudden? Is it due to her insecurities with him? So, after having her worst fears realized with Frank, she's going to garner the courage to go after the guy she has always felt was too good for her?

    It just doesn't make sense due to the edit. I have never seen her look scared, worried, etc. with Chris. She always looks peaceful, blissful, etc.
    Exactly. Even his coaches in the article posted talked about Ali looking like she was 'intimated' by Roberto. This is the man you choose? The one who intimidates you? And that cannot be claimed as being 'edited' either.

    Oh man, someone get me a sedative because this is too dumb to take if Roberto is really the F1. I mean, I don't care, her life, but show me a storyline that makes sense and I'll be happy.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  8. #498
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3996753;
    Thank you. I am trying. I think Roberto is a nice, good guy and I think she does like him a lot. But I feel like I really am seeing her as being in love with Chris and never doubting that he wouldn't be there at the end- hoping in Portugal that the next few weeks they'd progress to a really serious point. Was she thinking proposal? Weirdness.
    I think we're on the same wavelength. I think she's been very attracted to Chris all along.. but has been waiting/hoping for him to come around. ALi had a great physical and emotional connection w/Kirk before she had one with Chris....she could have easily cut Chris and kept Kirk, but there was something that she saw in Chris and was attracted to that made her keep him hoping that he'd come around. By the time portugal came around she was losing it for Kirk and Chris really started to build momentum. A shocker would be if she chooses Chris. Not for me.. but for most everyone else because no one is expecting it. I see the bond they have... but all these spoilers are just messing with my head. So I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

  9. #499
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    221

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3996508;
    More than likely, it is sweat. =)
    yep, looks like sweat from Roberto.

  10. #500
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Body Language Analysis

    I see it too and it reminds me of Jason and Molly in a way. I know he is not the most liked person around here, but there are a lot of similarities just in how Chris and Ali are developing and how Jason and Molly developed. Melissa was the runaway favorite (obviously Chris seems to be more of a favorite than Molly was, but still people think she will choose Roberto) and had the best physical chemistry. Molly was always trying to make sure she was putting herself out there for Jason like we've seen Chris do so much, taking care of Ali, looking out for her.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.