Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3993185;
    This is true. I don't know how to put this better but Chris kinda ignores her damsel in distress schtick more than Roberto. Two little things I noticed in this area but were glaringly obvious to me:

-Chris didn't comfort her or say anything when she said she was scared to jump off the catamaran. Roberto would have probably told her that he's here and wouldn't let anything happen to her or whatever he says that she likes so much.
    -When they were playing with the oysters and he was teasing her, she whined "don't!!" and again, he pretty much ignored that. Not that he was making her truly upset or scared but he had a non-reaction to the whine.

It's probably a difference in how the guys are as people. Chris seems to think of Ali as an equal, that they're a team. But Roberto is all manly and there to protect and keep her safe. And Ali responds REALLY well to Roberto trying to keep her safe and secure, she eats that stuff up like it's going out of style.
    She jettisoned Kasey who lived to "guard and protect her heart"
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

FORT Fan

This is true. I don't know how to put this better but Chris kinda ignores her damsel in distress schtick more than Roberto. Two little things I noticed in this area but were glaringly obvious to me:

-Chris didn't comfort her or say anything when she said she was scared to jump off the catamaran. Roberto would have probably told her that he's here and wouldn't let anything happen to her or whatever he says that she likes so much.
    -When they were playing with the oysters and he was teasing her, she whined "don't!!" and again, he pretty much ignored that. Not that he was making her truly upset or scared but he had a non-reaction to the whine.

It's probably a difference in how the guys are as people. Chris seems to think of Ali as an equal, that they're a team. But Roberto is all manly and there to protect and keep her safe. And Ali responds REALLY well to Roberto trying to keep her safe and secure, she eats that stuff up like it's going out of style.
    Roberto was even concerned for her climbing the latter to their FS "Be very careful" (paraphrasing) and stayed as a spotter until she got to the top...thought I was the only one that thought CL was too carefree w/her feelings of being scared to jump. He didn't even make to the full count and jumped a tenth of a second into "three"...thanks for bringing this up.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie@this;3994747;
    Roberto was even concerned for her climbing the latter to their FS "Be very careful" (paraphrasing) and stayed as a spotter until she got to the top...thought I was the only one that thought CL was too carefree w/her feelings of being scared to jump. He didn't even make to the full count and jumped a tenth of a second into "three"...thanks for bringing this up.
    When she first said she was scared, she was climbing over the boat's railing. The next time, she is straightening from a bending position. During that time maybe Chris was assuring her?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by iamreal2u;3994765;
    When she first said she was scared, she was climbing over the boat's railing. The next time, she is straightening from a bending position. During that time maybe Chris was assuring her?
    He could have reassured her. Might have been edited. But ALi did mention in her blog that she is not a strong swimmer and Chris pretty much carried her to shore. We saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;3994837;
    He could have reassured her. Might have been edited. But ALi did mention in her blog that she is not a strong swimmer and Chris pretty much carried her to shore. We saw that.
    Chris is absolutely protective of and adoring with her. She has nothing to be scared of with him- physically, emotionally or in any way.

She really does have the best F2 ever.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Just another example of why Chris is so good for her! I like Ali a lot, but thats one personality trait I don't care for in her, and I think he would break her of it... whereas Roberto would enable it. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;3994861;
    Just another example of why Chris is so good for her! I like Ali a lot, but thats one personality trait I don't care for in her, and I think he would break her of it... whereas Roberto would enable it. JMO.
    TOTALLY. Chris takes care of her and is there for her when she is actually in distress but Roberto humors her all the time. It's not my life so she can do whatever she wants but I was just pointing out the differences I noticed with the two men and how they interact with her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Chris actually has been very caring with Ali. On their first date when she was sick he just chilled out in bed with her and didn't want her to go out because she would get sicker. In Iceland, she mentioned her hands were cold and he took his gloves off and gave them to her. In Portugal, he did little things like offer her his hand to get on the scooter and gave her the bracelet. In her blog, Ali mentioned that she cut her hand during her date with Chris and he took really good care of her. He is a small gesture kind of guy but I notice that in those small gestures, he is really sweet and caring and supportive of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy II;3993266;
    If you read her blog along with CH's blog - Ali mentions at the very end how much she appreciated Chris
    being "there" for her (just a statement - no explanation)
    ...and that she cut herself when they were making their dinner (apparently they went fishing and cooked the fish for dinner - which was not shown) - but that Chris was very gentle with her and took care of her...
    You do realize she was talking about Chris Harrison being there for her after the Frank thing. I get the feeling you think she is talking about Chris L.

I prefer Chris but went into last night's show thinking Ali was all about Roberto (ignoring Frank because of what happened) but I saw how happy and relaxed Ali is with Chris and am torn now. She was beaming and laughing a lot. I know there's plenty of chemistry with Roberto but am now seeing it with Chris. Hmmm.