Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by LexyinNC;3993069;
    Question on body language. Did anyone else notice that while Ali and Roberto were walking on a couple of occasions last night....they were holding hands, she leaned in and kissed his shoulder. I watched to see if she did this with Chris and didn't see her do it. Anyone else notice this? Wonder what that means from a body language perspective?
    She kissed his shoulder when they were walking towards the helicopter, then again when they were walking up the steps to the Treehouse for dinner.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Question on body language. Did anyone else notice that while Ali and Roberto were walking on a couple of occasions last night....they were holding hands, she leaned in and kissed his shoulder. I watched to see if she did this with Chris and didn't see her do it. Anyone else notice this? Wonder what that means from a body language perspective?
    that is a sweet gesture to kiss Roberto's shoulder like that... but with Chris she would have to jump up or reach up further... their height difference when they are in flats is quite a difference. She would be kissing the space between his shoulder and his elbow... which might be nice but...

Yeah, she did do that. I forgot.

eta

What pic are you guys talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3993157;
    Roberto brings out a very feminine quality in Ali and she wears it well. She also seems a little more sparkly and to look a little prettier with him. The bikini and dress looked beautiful.
    This is true. I don't know how to put this better but Chris kinda ignores her damsel in distress schtick more than Roberto. Two little things I noticed in this area but were glaringly obvious to me:

-Chris didn't comfort her or say anything when she said she was scared to jump off the catamaran. Roberto would have probably told her that he's here and wouldn't let anything happen to her or whatever he says that she likes so much.
    -When they were playing with the oysters and he was teasing her, she whined "don't!!" and again, he pretty much ignored that. Not that he was making her truly upset or scared but he had a non-reaction to the whine.

It's probably a difference in how the guys are as people. Chris seems to think of Ali as an equal, that they're a team. But Roberto is all manly and there to protect and keep her safe. And Ali responds REALLY well to Roberto trying to keep her safe and secure, she eats that stuff up like it's going out of style.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Roberto does make her feel safe and protected. That is something she has pointed out quite a bit. I don't get the feeling she's had that a lot in the past. I'm glad she sees she deserves to feel that way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3993185;
    This is true. I don't know how to put this better but Chris kinda ignores her damsel in distress schtick more than Roberto. Two little things I noticed in this area but were glaringly obvious to me:

-Chris didn't comfort her or say anything when she said she was scared to jump off the catamaran. Roberto would have probably told her that he's here and wouldn't let anything happen to her or whatever he says that she likes so much.
    -When they were playing with the oysters and he was teasing her, she whined "don't!!" and again, he pretty much ignored that. Not that he was making her truly upset or scared but he had a non-reaction to the whine.

It's probably a difference in how the guys are as people. Chris seems to think of Ali as an equal, that they're a team. But Roberto is all manly and there to protect and keep her safe. And Ali responds REALLY well to Roberto trying to keep her safe and secure, she eats that stuff up like it's going out of style.

and if I recall ali claimed loud and clear that she wanted to be with a guy who could protect her even if she wanted also the equal part of it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3993185;
    Alanna - great observation. On camera, where Ali is a bit insecure, I think she appreciates Roberto's protection. However, if you look at how she described a marriage to Roberto's dad, I think she is looking for an equal. Check out her blog and note how she and Chris are keeping score. She is a competitive, strong, career woman, and imo does not want to be babied.

FORT Regular

If you read her blog along with CH's blog - Ali mentions at the very end how much she appreciated Chris
    being "there" for her (just a statement - no explanation)...and that she cut herself when they were making their dinner (apparently they went fishing and cooked the fish for dinner - which was not shown) - but that Chris was very gentle with her and took care of her...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy II;3993266;
    If you read her blog along with CH's blog - Ali mentions at the very end how much she appreciated Chris
    being "there" for her (just a statement - no explanation)...and that she cut herself when they were making their dinner (apparently they went fishing and cooked the fish for dinner - which was not shown) - but that Chris was very gentle with her and took care of her...
    I saw it, it was really cute, especially since I think Chris is the one she SHOULD end up with.

But it's a little different. Chris takes care of her when she really needs him, when she was sick in NYC, hurt herself in Tahiti, probably when she cries over Frank later. Roberto is protective all the time, it's more like he humors her, really. She's 'scared' to fly so he holds her to make it all better, he runs his finger down her nose when she got nervous at dinner. Small gestures like that, it's silly IMO but Ali seems to not be able to get enough.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3993191;
    Roberto does make her feel safe and protected. That is something she has pointed out quite a bit. I don't get the feeling she's had that a lot in the past. I'm glad she sees she deserves to feel that way.
    It goes back to her saying that she has never been treated the way that Roberto treats her.