Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3928076;
    I hope this thread can stay because I think for Ali especially, it is so telling. When she likes a man, she lays back to chest with him and puts his arms around her, no matter if they're sitting or standing or laying, it's how she positions herself. Also, check out the look she gave Roberto when he said he'd like to see more sunsets with her. I love CL, but honestly, Roberto has this, hands down imo.

It's interesting that you mention the backwards cuddling thing because I had wondered what a body language expert would think of this. My impression is that it's a a "safe hug" for the cameras. She has done this with a number of guys including Justin (yuck). it looks kind of cosy and casual but not close/intimate. To me it's almost like a way of being close to the guy (for the cameras) but allows her a little space in that she doesn't have to look them in the eye.
    Last edited by REIDISCOOL; 06-08-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: ETA. Now Roberto's face to face smooching/cuddling on the couch was much more intimate!!! Need to see more CL cuddling!

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;3928213;
    It's interesting that you mention the backwards cuddling thing because I had wondered what a body language expert would think of this. My impression is that it's a a "safe hug" for the cameras. She has done this with a number of guys including Justin (yuck). it looks kind of cosy and casual but not close/intimate. To me it's almost like a way of being close to the guy (for the cameras) but allows her a little space in that she doesn't have to look them in the eye.
    I'm a giant nerd and looked up some of what the spooning cuddling means. Here are a few excerpts from different sites.

He spoons you
    This cuddling position is perhaps the most intimate of them all: curled up body to body, skin to skin, your bum against his crotch, his hands free to explore your front. Your guy is a very physical person who enjoys the contact of cuddling and sensation your body against his. Because this cuddle position is incredibly intimate, it could mean that he’s attached to you, even if he can’t show it with words.
    The feeling that spooning can give a woman, of being tucked into her man's big warm body, his broad chest against her smaller back, his strong arms wrapped around her, is possibly one of her most enjoyable things in the world. She can feel so safe, warm, cared for and loved. It is very intimate yet comfortable. Some say that nothing beats it.
    Take away from that what you will about Ali, Roberto, the other guys, and what it all means!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3928076;
    I hope this thread can stay because I think for Ali especially, it is so telling. When she likes a man, she lays back to chest with him and puts his arms around her, no matter if they're sitting or standing or laying, it's how she positions herself. Also, check out the look she gave Roberto when he said he'd like to see more sunsets with her. I love CL, but honestly, Roberto has this, hands down imo.
    I see your point, and maybe laying back on his chest is her way, but she's done it with a few guys now so I feel like the first time was producer driven and so she's done it again. But I would rather know who is in the screencap on the rattan furniture before last night's rose ceremony. She put her head on the shoulder of the guy in a way she hadn't with anyone else and they're snuggled down so no-one could see them from the back. The editors didn't show them from the front. That seems like more striking body-language of comfort and interest in each other.

(Yes I realize the editors were being sneaky, but still, Ali and the guy scrunched down -that means something, I think.)
    Last edited by RealityAlert; 06-08-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: grammar though it's still not the best!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3928189;
    I don't think Roberto has this. I find it very, very telling that on the week that she had the hot 1 on 1 date with Roberto, she or whomever is writing as Ali on her blog feels the need to bring up Chris L and her commonality with him including the flip cup game. It's like she wants to keep Chris in the forefront and acknowledge him, especially this week after that date with Roberto. My feeling is that she was very much into Roberto back then and Chris wasn't on her radar as a final contender yet on episode 3. Things changed later on.
    LOL, yes. We're chasing a moving target here. After episode 2 it looked like she was Frank's to lose. After episode 3 it looked like she's way into Roberto. Will she belong to Chris L after episode 4? We aren't going to know where the true emotions lie until the playing field is more level, and she's spent a considerable amount of time with each of the F4. It's way to soon to predict anything yet.

She looks very comfortable with several of the guys. How many has she done the spoony-huggy thing with now? I'm thinking maybe that's not so special after all.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3928309;
    LOL, yes. We're chasing a moving target here. After episode 2 it looked like she was Frank's to lose. After episode 3 it looked like she's way into Roberto. Will she belong to Chris L after episode 4? We aren't going to know where the true emotions lie until the playing field is more level, and she's spent a considerable amount of time with each of the F4. It's way to soon to predict anything yet.

She looks very comfortable with several of the guys. How many has she done the spoony-huggy thing with now? I'm thinking maybe that's not so special after all.
    Maybe it is her thing. The same as Jake having the girls legs in his lap or whatever Gia complained about when she realized he did it with the other sand it wasn't just their thing.

You know the song "It's in his kiss"? I wrote down the lyrics. I believe Ali only kisses the guys on the lips ( the BNL music video doesn't count IMO) that she is really into.

Does he love me, I wanna know
    How can I tell if he loves me so
    Is it in his eyes, oh no you'll be deceived
    Is it in his eyes, oh no he'll make believe
    If you wanna know, if he loves you so
    It's in his kiss
    That's where it is, oh yeah
    Or is it in his face, oh no it's just his charm
    In his warm embrace, oh no that's just his arm
    It's in his kiss
    That's where it is, oh it's in his kiss
    That's where it is, oh-oh
    Kiss him and squeeze him tight
    And find out what you wanna know
    If it's love, if it really is
    It's there in his kiss
    How 'bout the way he acts, oh no that's not the way
    And you're not listening to all I say
    It's in his kiss, that's where it is
    Oh yeah it's in his kiss, that's where it is

Oh-oh, kiss him and squeeze him tight
    And find out what you wanna know
    If it's love, if it really is
    It's there in his kiss
    How 'bout the way he acts, oh no that's not the way
    And you're not listening to all I say
    It's in his kiss
    That's where it is, oh yeah it's in his kiss
    That's where it is, oh it's in his kiss

So far Ali has kissed (like really kissed) Kirk, Frank, and Roberto. I know at some point she had to have kissed Chris L if he is in her F2. She will kiss Ty Brown in Iceland.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

She kissed Jesse during his 1:1 & also stood in front of him & wrapped his arms around her when they were dancing. Like she's done with Frank, Justin & Roberto, only standing up & swaying.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3928508;
    She kissed Jesse during his 1:1 & also stood in front of him & wrapped his arms around her when they were dancing. Like she's done with Frank, Justin & Roberto, only standing up & swaying.
    How did I forget Jesse? Did it seem more like pecks then actual kissing? Now I have to re-watch it.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

My daughter and I both noticed Ali playing with her braid while Hunter was talking to her. We'll be watching for this in future episodes to see if it's a clue she's bored silly.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

I look for specific things, like how tightly they hug. If they're both into the hugging. Do they fit well? How do they kiss? Are they playful? I watch for eye contact.

You can fit pretty well with some, but 'heavenly' with others. You can see politeness on a date vs natural actions/reactions.

Remember how natural Vienna and Jake were together? They looked like they've known eachother for years vs how wonderful and polite Jake was with Tenley? Jake and Vienna just looked at one another without saying a word and they were on the same page. I was NOT a fan of Vienna, but am just sayin.