Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ty - Spoilers

Ty - Spoilers

Ty

Hometown: Booneville, MS

Resides in: Franklin, TN

What he likes to do for fun: Golfing, watching football, tailgating and going to concerts

Most romantic gift he's ever received: Framed picture with a hand-written letter -- the words made the difference

What he considers his most embarrassing moment: He mispronounced a word on stage in front of 2,500 people.

Tattoo Count: 0

Re: Ty - Spoilers

He really disgusted me tonight. The way he talked about his ex wife was completely disrespectful and mostly untrue. I knew he would say something along those lines eventually, but it's just gross to actually hear them come out of his mouth. Three biggest jerks of the entire series: Rego, Frank, and Terrible Ty. He's no good. These guys make Wes look like a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3954739;
    He really disgusted me tonight. The way he talked about his ex wife was completely disrespectful and mostly untrue. I knew he would say something along those lines eventually, but it's just gross to actually hear them come out of his mouth. Three biggest jerks of the entire series: Rego, Frank, and Terrible Ty. He's no good. These guys make Wes look like a saint.
    I couldn't agree more. I wasn't sure if what I was hearing was actually true. I don't understand how he could possibly go for a girl like Ali, who QUIT last season's show to return to her job, after he divorced a girl that "worked too much."

Oh and I want to add that I think they have 0 chemistry. It was so painfully uncomfortable when they were at the Turkish bath place. Her hands were clasped shut while his arms were around her and while they were kissing. AWKWARD.

Does Ty go to Tahiti or am I seeing things?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3954766;
    Does Ty go to Tahiti or am I seeing things?

No, he doesn't go. They threw in beacjh pics from 1st group date & helicopter pic fom next week.

What am I missing? I didn't get anything disrespectful about his exwife. He mentioned growing up with his mother at home, father working, and thought that that's the way it was suppose to be, wife at home. I thought he said he learned from the experience and said he loved being married?

I totally understand where he's coming from. My sister met my BIL 35 yrs ago, he was new to Canada. Where he came from, that's how it was, the women didn't work, the men provided for the family. (She changed him in a hurry)

What exactly did he say about his ex wife? I certainly missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3955216;
    What am I missing? I didn't get anything disrespectful about his exwife. He mentioned growing up with his mother at home, father working, and thought that that's the way it was suppose to be, wife at home. I thought he said he learned from the experience and said he loved being married?

I totally understand where he's coming from. My sister met my BIL 35 yrs ago, he was new to Canada. Where he came from, that's how it was, the women didn't work, the men provided for the family. (She changed him in a hurry)

What exactly did he say about his ex wife? I certainly missed that.
    He alluded to the fact that he divorced her partially because she was working too much... That whole conversation was a little odd and I can see why it might leave a bad taste in people's mouths. I don't think he's a bad person, but he's definitely far too traditional for Ali, even though he says he's grown. I don't know... it did come off as a bit disrespectful and mean, at least to me.

Though I didn't think he was intentionally disrespectful, I do think his 50s-throwback talk was a pail of icy-cold water on any attraction Ali may have felt for him. He's dunzo, but I still find him cute
    ~"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six"~

I did not listen carefully to the conversation so I am not sure how it all came off. If it's his preference to have his wife stay home than that's his opinion... I don't think either option is wrong. DH likes that I stay home with our 2 soon to be 3 children. Why would I want to pay someone else close to 600 bucks a week to discipline them when I can do that myself for free not to mention they are MY children and MY responsibility after all.

I don't like how people try to cheapen the experience of being a stay at home mom/wife. RS writes about it like the option is close to offensive or disrespectful. I don't understand why it's become so looked down upon. If Ty is the traditional guy who likes his wife at home with the kids well then good for him. I don't see Ali having kids anytime soon tho so this is obviously not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3956865;
    I did not listen carefully to the conversation so I am not sure how it all came off. If it's his preference to have his wife stay home than that's his opinion... I don't think either option is wrong. DH likes that I stay home with our 2 soon to be 3 children. Why would I want to pay someone else close to 600 bucks a week to discipline them when I can do that myself for free not to mention they are MY children and MY responsibility after all.

I don't like how people try to cheapen the experience of being a stay at home mom/wife. RS writes about it like the option is close to offensive or disrespectful. I don't understand why it's become so looked down upon. If Ty is the traditional guy who likes his wife at home with the kids well then good for him. I don't see Ali having kids anytime soon tho so this is obviously not her.
    That's fine if both partners in the relationship agree with that but obviously, the idea is not Ali or RS' cup of tea.

Congrats on the third bean
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast