Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ty - Spoilers

Re: Ty - Spoilers

It's always interesting how these folks are edited! Here at my house we called Ty the "Wounded Bird" because he seemed so sad about the divorce and talked about how his hound dawg needed a new momma!

All the talk about working or not seemed strange because the issue of kids wasn't raised (or did I miss that?) It sounded like he was seriously saying a wife should be at home.... before kids are in the picture? I guess to pick up his socks & cook full-time?!

Thank you for the information, loveONtv! It almost seems that either Ty was fulfilling his script for the show, thus proving to the producers that he would do as they as if he was selected as the next Bachelor ~ or he did not want Ali to take him to F1 so he knew by saying the made-up traditional story then she would let him go. Or both.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I'm confused. Wasn't it spoiled early on that Ty cheated on his wife? Isn't there an interview with her where she had enough class to refuse to confirm that but said she got her heart broken by his behavior and he was not a good guy? I really thought we knew his own behavior destroyed his marriage and all that crap about what he wants in a wife is very hypocritical. I will go search for it....

I hope it's ok to quote Ty's ex-wife? She hasn't run to the media bad-mouthing him. This is the only quote I find:

"Contrary to what Ty has indicated publicly, our marriage did not end on amicable terms. I learned that my husband had been untruthful to me. I hope Ty is being true to himself when he says he is a changed person. I have moved on and I wish the same for him."

That quote from his ex has been reported by many sources with no denials so I tend to think it's true. She hasn't expanded on the quote or recanted it. "Friends" have been quoted as saying he cheated on her. They didn't file for divorce until 12/09 so doesn't that imply he applied to be on the show before they filed?

I agree that Ty did nothing particularly obnoxious on the show** but he has some dirty laundry. I would hate to see his ex who has been so soft spoken/classy about all this get dragged thru the tabloids if he becomes the next Bach.

**Except really insult working women. He didn't have children so that wasn't the problem. He sounds like a pretty typical male chauvinist to me. Interesting that she was also much more successful than him in the music arena. All just MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3971315;
    Thank you for the information, loveONtv! It almost seems that either Ty was fulfilling his script for the show, thus proving to the producers that he would do as they as if he was selected as the next Bachelor ~ or he did not want Ali to take him to F1 so he knew by saying the made-up traditional story then she would let him go. Or both.
    Thanks loveONtv for contributing information that you know. We appreciate it!

BlondieGal, I agree with you, I really don't even know what he said, it was all mumbo jumo'd. So yeah, maybe he was just fullfilling his script and they had to splice and dice or something, it just didn't flow naturally and that's why I didn't get what the bashing of the ex wife was all about.

I do agree, stay at home mom's work just as hard in alot of cases. I don't think there is anything unusual about that at all, as long as both agree, sometimes its cheaper to stay at home.

The quote from the wife says he was "untruthfull" that doesn't mean unfaithfull. I know there was sleuthing info on him, I didn't pay attention, I don't know what his dirty laundry is and I won't care, unless he's the bach.

He is a good looking guy though.

FORT Newbie

Well, for the record - "untruthful" meant untruthful. As in, NEVER EVER told the truth. Oh, and it also meant unfaithful... It's a very sad and unfortunate story. If Ty were to become the next Bachelor, I would love to see the things that came out of the woodwork!

Quote Originally Posted by loveONtv;3973362;
    Well, for the record - "untruthful" meant untruthful. As in, NEVER EVER told the truth. Oh, and it also meant unfaithful... It's a very sad and unfortunate story. If Ty were to become the next Bachelor, I would love to see the things that came out of the woodwork!
    Sounds like a fun season may be ahead
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by loveONtv;3973362;
    I am going to have to pass watching that season if Ty is the Bachelor.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Maybe Ty is too busy to be the next Bachelor you know because he is a big time country music star now.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Isn't Ty booked to be on one of the Bachelor Cruises in December? Don't know if that precludes him doing the Bach or not?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast