Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ty - Spoilers

Re: Ty - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3956873;
    That's fine if both partners in the relationship agree with that but obviously, the idea is not Ali or RS' cup of tea.

Congrats on the third bean
    Thanks!!

Nah... I don't think that's Ali's cup of tea either. I would work if we did not have children but with day care so dang expensive these days (200/ week for a newborn) I would have be the breadwinner just to come home with anything! I should email RS daycare prices...

Quote Originally Posted by BSGFan;3956863;
    Though I didn't think he was intentionally disrespectful, I do think his 50s-throwback talk was a pail of icy-cold water on any attraction Ali may have felt for him. He's dunzo, but I still find him cute
    Well, if it took him till 2009 to figure out some of the world's strongest corporations have women running them...

He kind of reminded me of Tenley on her HTD with Jake, and how fast she backtracked. She complained that her ever-present ex took advice from his parents, then listened to Jake (after he stared at her in shock for a moment) go on about always seeking/taking advice from his mom, then said something incredibly stupid to dig her way out. Wish I could remember what it was, lol.

ETA Congrats, Noobslueth! After being on the executive fast-track, I became a stay-at-home mom when my eldest started Kindergarten. (Couldn't stand the thought she would come out the first day all excited and dying to talk about it... and someone else would be standing there to hear it.) I wish men would just accept it when we do what we feel is right for us.
    Last edited by I'msotired; 06-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3956865;
    I did not listen carefully to the conversation so I am not sure how it all came off. If it's his preference to have his wife stay home than that's his opinion... I don't think either option is wrong. DH likes that I stay home with our 2 soon to be 3 children. Why would I want to pay someone else close to 600 bucks a week to discipline them when I can do that myself for free not to mention they are MY children and MY responsibility after all.

I don't like how people try to cheapen the experience of being a stay at home mom/wife. RS writes about it like the option is close to offensive or disrespectful. I don't understand why it's become so looked down upon. If Ty is the traditional guy who likes his wife at home with the kids well then good for him. I don't see Ali having kids anytime soon tho so this is obviously not her.
    I did not mean to cheapen the experience of staying at home with children, I just think the way the talked about his ex wife was a bit disrespectful. It had mostly to do with his mannerisms and tone. And the fact that he divorced one woman at least partially because she worked too much and is now pursuing another woman who loves her work just doesn't add up.

I'm surprised that Ty feels that way in this day and age that he wants a stay at home wife. I was kind of thinking that maybe he was jealous of his wife's success. I forgot his wife's name but I did hear some music of hers and she has a really nice voice.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

I have two girls and work outside the home. I have to say...if I had a choice I'd stay home. I always wanted to be a career mom until my oldest was about 5...entering preschool. That is when I wished we would have lived off one income and lifestyle so I could stay home. Right now we are working on doing what we can to be able to live off one income so when my 3yo starts school I can find a part time job or stay home and volunteer at the school.

I have tons of respect for both SAHM and mom's who work outside the home. They are both hard in their own different way. RS needs to keep his mouth shut at times...but he doesn't care if he offends people or not.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3956865;
    I did not listen carefully to the conversation so I am not sure how it all came off. If it's his preference to have his wife stay home than that's his opinion... I don't think either option is wrong. DH likes that I stay home with our 2 soon to be 3 children. Why would I want to pay someone else close to 600 bucks a week to discipline them when I can do that myself for free not to mention they are MY children and MY responsibility after all.

I don't like how people try to cheapen the experience of being a stay at home mom/wife. RS writes about it like the option is close to offensive or disrespectful. I don't understand why it's become so looked down upon. If Ty is the traditional guy who likes his wife at home with the kids well then good for him. I don't see Ali having kids anytime soon tho so this is obviously not her.

Congratulations on your soon to be 3rd child. I too am expecting my 3rd in October.

I walked away from a very rewarding and successful career (or so I thought) a few months ago. What I have found since being at home full time now is that I feel more fullfiled than I have been in years. Never thought I would ever feel that way but it has been a pleasant surprise.

Wishing you the best on your upcoming birth.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3958332;
    I did not mean to cheapen the experience of staying at home with children, I just think the way the talked about his ex wife was a bit disrespectful. It had mostly to do with his mannerisms and tone. And the fact that he divorced one woman at least partially because she worked too much and is now pursuing another woman who loves her work just doesn't add up.
    Yeah... I was not totally sure how he presented it ... I know the guy it scum so trust me I was not sticking up for him. I was a little taken back at how RS thought the idea was absolutely ludicrous. I totally agree though that it was the wrong thing to say around Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3958367;
    I'm surprised that Ty feels that way in this day and age that he wants a stay at home wife. I was kind of thinking that maybe he was jealous of his wife's success. I forgot his wife's name but I did hear some music of hers and she has a really nice voice.

I think you are spot on Happy2bme!

FORT Newbie

I know this thread has been pretty quiet since before this week's episode, I just had to put my 2 cents in... It's very hard to watch someone you know say things on national television that shock you to the point where you stop breathing.
    First of all, whatever Ty was rambling on and on about concerning traditional families, wanting a wife to stay home, etc was the craziest bunch of nonsense i've ever heard! In his last marriage (which ended in January, so I would say this is pretty current), he forced his wife to get a "real" job when she lost her record deal because she had "wasted over a year of their marriage" not contributing to their retirement and he was tired of paying for her healthcare benefits out of his paycheck.
    Ali made the best decision she could have (besides not giving him a rose the first show) and saved herself a lot of heartache.
    Ty Brown is not even close to who he portrayed himself to be on television, trust me on this. I'm 100% sure each of those guys have flaws (like Ty was quick to point out to Ali about herself when she put him in the limo), but Ty is the last person any nice girl needs to be around.

I'm off my soapbox and I'm sorry if i ruffled any feathers. I wish I didnt' know his dirty laundry, but I do, and he has hurt many people who I care about dearly, so don't let the salesman trick you with his smooth talking (and not-so -smooth singing) :nono

I never liked Ty myself. I think I have yet to like a 'singer' on this show yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast