Page 97 of 291 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 2910

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

  1. #961
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3967624;
    I still think she picks no one, but this recent quote above reminded me of this:
    I agree, thanks for posting this!

    Oh gawd, i'm getting suckered in but another thing, maybe he really is just a nice person, people like that do exist. I know everyone was excited to get their date card in Portugal but did you see his reaction after Ty called his name, and the conversation that followed with the other guys? I don't know how to explain it but he looked extremely happy, almost naive...like he was surprised his name was called. You wouldn't expect that from a "smooth talking player" like he's been labeled- most times they think they're pretty deserving. I also liked how he put Frank in his place regarding the kings and dungeon comment.

  2. #962
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3967748;
    I agree, thanks for posting this!

    Oh gawd, i'm getting suckered in but another thing, maybe he really is just a nice person, people like that do exist. I know everyone was excited to get their date card in Portugal but did you see his reaction after Ty called his name, and the conversation that followed with the other guys? I don't know how to explain it but he looked extremely happy, almost naive...like he was surprised his name was called. You wouldn't expect that from a "smooth talking player" like he's been labeled- most times they think they're pretty deserving. I also liked how he put Frank in his place regarding the kings and dungeon comment.
    I may be one of the few, but imo Roberto is developing strong feelings for Ali, and I think it's surprising him......I don't know if he is just getting caught up in the show and the lead, but it definately seems as if he is falling for her. JMO. Maybe his father will help him out in finding out if he is really falling for "Ali" or "the lead" just because she is the lead.

  3. #963
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3967760;
    I may be one of the few, but imo Roberto is developing strong feelings for Ali, and I think it's surprising him......I don't know if he is just getting caught up in the show and the lead, but it definately seems as if he is falling for her. JMO. Maybe his father will help him out in finding out if he is really falling for "Ali" or "the lead" just because she is the lead.
    That's very true. To be completely isolated from the rest of the world for 6 weeks, I can see that happening.

  4. #964
    FORT Fogey emusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3967760;
    I may be one of the few, but imo Roberto is developing strong feelings for Ali, and I think it's surprising him......I don't know if he is just getting caught up in the show and the lead, but it definately seems as if he is falling for her. JMO. Maybe his father will help him out in finding out if he is really falling for "Ali" or "the lead" just because she is the lead.
    that's what I see too...he smiles so wide with sparkles in his eyes when he's with Ali or when he got his date card/rose...he was so giddy and excited Ali would send that to him when ty read 'be the king of my castle'. I really think that he may be shy when it comes to girls and he's sort of in awe of Ali and what he's feeling for her... by his own admission she's nothing like any girl he's dated (makes me wonder how much he's dated)... any little thing that shows him she likes him too seems to make him really happy...
    I think you're right biglove to say he's got a naive outlook about it he says 'i'm invested...my heart and i think she feels the same about me' but RC after RC he's on the chopping block making him realize she might send him away after all...

    One more thing that stands out is the first night they met...he said to her "your eyes...i'm like wow.." and later in a PI at the mansion he mentions how 'captivating' her eyes were looking into them makes him think of what could be... I think I saw them staring into each others eyes for a few moments too long that first night and it may have been infatuation at first sight for him. poor guy...

    It's endearing how rather than holding himself back and doubting...he's trying harder and falling faster. Again part of this may have to do with getting the girl or the show's process but i doubt at this point he can tell the difference I think his dad's reality check is well timed for him...and while I'm sad to hear his VO "I cannot propose to a girl that's not 100% about me" I am glad he's actually looking out for himself...

    ETA

    thinking further about it maybe in this VO he's insinuating that his naiveté about the show helped him fall in love and maybe he's suggesting that others' familiarity with the show made them less open to the process?? 'coming into the show I didn't know what to expect and frankly that's a good thing'
    Last edited by emusha; 07-07-2010 at 02:14 AM.

  5. #965
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Loved the new preview of Ali & Roberto's HTD. I was right about her reaction being about him playing for the Steeplecats!! Too cute!!

  6. #966
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3966669;
    Big, huge difference here, though -- Kiptyn had a static storyline -- Jillian always questioned whether he was too good for her AND she never resolved that. We heard Ali resolve that last night with Roberto.
    He is such a romantic and it's so, it's so sexy and it, and it makes me feel like this is a bit of a fairytale...and at first I thought, life isn't a fairytale, Ali. That's what I keep telling myself and I'm finally realizing that life may not be a fairytale but love can be and f I can have that forever, then I think I could have a great life.
    Not sure why everyone wants to brush aside what's being shown but there it is -- There was doubt, Ali worked it out, and Ali is ready to move forward with Roberto. Big, huge difference from Kiptyn.
    I'm concerned that a person who measures partners using a scale of "good" isn't emotionally mature enough for a lasting relationship. A guy can be "right" for a girl or "wrong" for a girl, but thinking he's "too good for me" or he's "not good enough for me" is simply an innapropriate way to measure a human!

    If you still think you can measure yourself against another person in terms of "too good" or "not good enough", then you aren't relationship material.

    From Chris' blog:
    Ali’s first date this week was with Roberto. I was very happy to see her relationship with him take a serious step forward. If you noticed, Ali is no longer the giggly little schoolgirl she used to be around Roberto. She’s now able to compose herself and dig a little deeper to find out what this guy is made of. The good news for Ali is the deeper she digs, the more she likes.
    Actually I didn't notice Ali digging deeper. I noticed Roberto being a little more talkative, but the only digging I saw at all was Ali asking what his mom cooked. What's Chris smoking? He thinks Ali's no longer the giggly little school girl? She sure looked it on the show. I didn't see much composure. Roberto: "What are you thinking?" Ali: "Hee hee nothing hee hee". I guess Chris meant the deeper Ali digs into Roberto's mouth, the more she likes.

    The one positive I saw is that Ali didn't really seem comfortable on her next couple dates, probably because she's still got Roberto on the brain?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-07-2010 at 10:48 AM.

  7. #967
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    207

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3967955;
    From Chris' blog:

    Actually I didn't notice Ali digging deeper. I noticed Roberto being a little more talkative, but the only digging I saw at all was Ali asking what his mom cooked. What's Chris smoking? He thinks Ali's no longer the giggly little school girl? She sure looked it on the show. I didn't see much composure. Roberto: "What are you thinking?" Ali: "Hee hee nothing hee hee". I guess Chris meant the deeper Ali digs into Roberto's mouth, the more she likes.

    The one positive I saw is that Ali didn't really seem comfortable on her next couple dates, probably because she's still got Roberto on the brain?
    You have to remember, we say a VERY EDITED version of this date due to the Jake/Vienna mess.

    And maybe you didn't watch the entire show - who could blame you...LOL -and see the final clip?

    Because this was EXACTLY what I saw! Ali was relaxed, had a soft, sexy chuckle instead of her silly childish giggle when the cat came up and Roberto was being silly. He was really funny "What if when we are leaving, we see him laying on his back with his paw on his stomach 'Oh, I am so full'?" She again, had a relaxed sexy chuckle - a REAL laugh - not that schoolgirl giddy thing.

    And that "hee hee nothing hee hee" wasn't how I saw that at all either.

    That was her NOT being able to say what she was really feeling because she CAN'T...based on the rules imposed on her. Which is exactly why he let it go and said what he said "fair enough". He knew.

  8. #968
    Finale Fan! SecretGarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Why do i feel like we still don't know Roberto very well?! All I know is that he plays baseball and that he's from South Carolina. And that he's cute.

  9. #969
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3967955;
    From Chris' blog:

    Actually I didn't notice Ali digging deeper. I noticed Roberto being a little more talkative, but the only digging I saw at all was Ali asking what his mom cooked. What's Chris smoking? He thinks Ali's no longer the giggly little school girl? She sure looked it on the show. I didn't see much composure. Roberto: "What are you thinking?" Ali: "Hee hee nothing hee hee". I guess Chris meant the deeper Ali digs into Roberto's mouth, the more she likes.

    The one positive I saw is that Ali didn't really seem comfortable on her next couple dates, probably because she's still got Roberto on the brain?
    Your forgetting that, unlike us, Chris was actually there when all this went down. He was also privy to Ali's thought and feelings. While, things in his blog are based on what the viewers may see in the atual episode, they are also based on his own experiences and knowledge being there. Therefore, his observations. Plus, while Ali is definitely still wildly attracted to Roberto, she has progressed from being so overcome with that attraction. She's able to talk to him and vice versa without totally being unable to talk and bowing her head and blushing like her first RC meetings with Roberto. Does that mean she's totally unaffected by him all the time? No, who would be with someone they are attracted to and enjoy being around.






    Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3967960;
    Why do i feel like we still don't know Roberto very well?! All I know is that he plays baseball and that he's from South Carolina. And that he's cute.
    We know as much about him as we do about the other bachelors based on the one-dimensional side they let viewers see. He's 26; loves to salsa; is an insurance agent; opening his own business; from Tampa, FL; moved to Charleston, SC 2 months before filming; english is his 2nd language; he loves learning other languages; loves to travel; is a bit of adrenaline junkie; is close to his family; his parents are together and have the kind of marriage he wants to model his after; he went college; played college baseball; was drafted to play baseball by the Twins & Rockies; he's grateful for the simple things in life. I'd say that's far from knowing nothing about him and that's all from what has been said and shown on the show without a premiere intro. It so happens that he's fortunate enough to have living parents, not been through a divorce, or suffered a life threatening illness that we know of. However, that doesn't make the knowledge we do have nothing.





    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-07-2010 at 10:50 AM.

  10. #970
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    There's a clip of Roberto's and Ali's time at the baseball field at TV.com and it's so much fun!

    Can anyone tell if that's Ali doing the PI in Tampa?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.