Page 91 of 291 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

After last night's episode I'm completely convinced that Roberto is getting the too-good-to-be-true too-good-for-insecure/unlovable-ali edit.

But regarding the dad's comment...they always over-dramatize what parents say or do at HTD to make it more dramatic. I doubt kirk's dad's taxodermy had much to do with ali's decision (not to take away from the fact that whatever's inserted - i.e. Roberto's dad's comment feeds to his edit)
    Last edited by emusha; 07-06-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3966075;
    Not to minimize Ali's moment w/ Roberto, but Ali is a gripper. She was doing alot of gripping when she kissed Chris during the Josh Radin date.
    just for kicks and giggles I re-watched A&C's date ...and not at all to say anything about ali and chris' connection during that date but I was curious... and I saw Ali was gripping Chris' jacket during a hug as they were dancing to a song - it wasn't midway through a kiss but... maybe its a reaction she has when she's overwhelmed with emotion of some sort...she has said she was emotional that day the convos, joshua radin etc...

BTW the music was definitely moving! ali has good taste in music i loved josha radin in that date

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3966103;
    Did anyone pick up Roberto's comment to Ali that he has never dated anyone like her . . . almost as if he doesn't date much or he is very smitten with Ali. He is obviously impressed with her. She on the other hand thinks he is so "Hot" that IRL he wouldn't even notice her. We have a bit a a budding romance here!

In the HTD Preview, Roberto's Dad was so concerned about Roberto being in love and Roberto had to tell his Dad not to be too tough... I need to go back and listen again, but it sounded like Roberto, Sr. may have been worried about Ali hurting Roberto?
    I am curious about this exchange. I know Rob's dad said something about "he knows Ali would be happy, but what about you" (paraphrased), but exactly how does Rob respond. "Don't be too tough" seemed a bit odd to me. Wouldn't you respond with something like "I am happy, don't worry" if that is what you were feeling? I know it's just a short clip, but I am curious.

I didn't get that Roberto's father was concerned about the not so good Ali for his son? Its the typical family wanting the best for their son/daughter and making sure they are happy.

I do want to mention, one of the most important edit's with their date, besides the kissing, is when Roberto asked her what she was thinking, she giggles and says nothing, he says "ok fair enough" I love that! If you can't speak inteligently and discuss what's on your mind, then I'm not going to try and pry it out of you. In my experience, this works, the first time they say nothing, and you say ok, the second time, there will be an answer. That IMO is the difference in level of maturity.

Sorry for quoting myself, but this was one of my posts last night during the show.

I'm not really an Ali fan, however whether she is with someone or not, I'm hoping being on this show has raised her level of maturity slightly. We have heard Ali and her mother say she doesn't necessarily look for the good looking guys, but rather the quirky looking (Frank). She needs to accept everyone as they with the qualities she's looking for regardless of what they look like as long as she thinks they are good looking.

If she is with Roberto or Chris, I'm hoping their level of maturity will rub off on her and we can witness a young girl mature into a young lady.
    And this is part of CH's blog today.

Ali’s first date this week was with Roberto. I was very happy to see her relationship with him take a serious step forward. If you noticed, Ali is no longer the giggly little schoolgirl she used to be around Roberto. She’s now able to compose herself and dig a little deeper to find out what this guy is made of. The good news for Ali is the deeper she digs, the more she likes.

When I see or hear that the parents are being tough with the one that their son/daughter bring home, on this show, it reminds me of Prince Lorenzo's meeting of Jen's parents and her Dad was showing him the shotgun.

The fans thought oh, oh and Jen was the F1. So you can't put to much into what the parents say, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3966183;
    I didn't get that Roberto's father was concerned about the not so good Ali for his son? Its the typical family wanting the best for their son/daughter and making sure they are happy.

I do want to mention, one of the most important edit's with their date, besides the kissing, is when Roberto asked her what she was thinking, she giggles and says nothing, he says "ok fair enough" I love that! If you can't speak inteligently and discuss what's on your mind, then I'm not going to try and pry it out of you. In my experience, this works, the first time they say nothing, and you say ok, the second time, there will be an answer. That IMO is the difference in level of maturity.

Sorry for quoting myself, but this was one of my posts last night during the show.

And this is part of CH's blog today.
    I agree with RS when he posted it's Roberto or no one. Last night, I read the boards before I watched the show. Most of the posters here thought that Roberto's date didn't go well, so I was prepared for that.

However, I was surprised to see that their date, what we saw of it, went very well. Roberto is soft spoken, so people equate that with quiet ... there's a big difference between soft spoken and quiet. He is relaxed, so he doesn't feel the need to non-stop talk to fill in the quiet moments.

When she said he is a little bit of a mystery to her, he responded ... the thing is, I like to keep things simple, I'm appreciative of the little things, and that's why I say thank you after we kiss. He then asked her what she was thinking, she started to answer, then said nothing. When she said nothing, she looked like the cat that swallowed the canary. She couldn't say what she was thinking, because it would reveal too much. She is totally smitten.

I don't have a favorite, but it appears to me that Roberto is her favorite. She is very comfortable with Frank as well, because he is more familiar to her type wise.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3966281;
    he was shaking his head "no" when Ali said she has to learn to cook ...he's so sweet...

I think she was so at ease she kind of said the first thing that was on her mind at that point...
    I noticed that too and thought it was cute. I'm still on the fence about how much I trust him but I love how affectionate he is with her and he is constantly holding her and taking care of her which is huge for Ali and was super cute to watch. I also liked how when they were going up the stairs, he pulled her to him and said "I gotta make sure you don't fall."
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3965993;

Look at her mouth in the first cap. It's open, not closed, lol. I am convinced that this was an open mouth kiss as well, and that is what I thought when I saw it the first time. Too bad the camera had panned away......

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3966287;
    Look at her mouth in the first cap. It's open, not closed, lol. I am convinced that this was an open mouth kiss as well, and that is what I thought when I saw it the first time. Too bad the camera had panned away......
    I love examining every inch of this s/cap! Yup her mouth is slightly opened in this cap.

What is that read mark on the column behind Ali? and is that Roberto's belt? not that it matters if its a belt or not. Just saying

I think we better stick to spoilers guys and keep this in the editing thread or non-spoiler thread.

Ali's blog seemed to set up why she's single to me.